Goals for 2007?

taddavis
on 12/30/06 9:45 am - Atlantic Highlands, NJ
since this is such a goal-oriented group, i wanted to share a couple of good resources i found for setting goals and following up online. www.Mygoals.com is a very sophisticated tool. From their site: "Use this personalized, private service to set and accomplish goals related to any topic you choose. We provide a wide array of specialized features including a patent-pending goal-setting process and highly interactive tools and resources such as automated reminders, expert advice, and recommended solutions." unfortunately it's not a free site - it's $50/year or $6/mo. but there are some really great tools that seem worth it and there is a free trial period. www.joesgoals.com is awesome and easy to use (and free). it's not much for setting goals or making a plan, but it's a simple online checklist to allow you to keep track of your tasks and progress each day. (i read about it on lifehacker - a great blog of productivity tools.) finally, i signed up for hasslebot (http://hassleme.co.uk/). another free service. this one will send you nagging emails "at semi-unpredictable intervals." please let me know if you have other helpful goal-setting/ tracking tools. btw, my goals are: 1. feel strong and healthy below 200 lbs. (i haven't been below 200 lbs. since 6th grade - when i started playing football.) 2. eliminate my debt 3. donate to a charity each goal is set up with a few "obstacles" (eg., "emotional issues") and each obstacle has a handful of tasks (eg., cardio) with regular reminders. i wish you all a very successful and healthy 2007. Happy New Year!!
CANADIAN WINNER
on 12/30/06 8:41 pm - FREDERICTON, Canada
Thanks I have a great site for daily motivation http://www.naphill.org/
semperfidad
on 12/31/06 8:16 am - Shelbyville, IL
I think I am going to keep my goals S.M.A.R.T. Simple Measurable Achievable Realistic Timely 1.) Regain the ability to put my own shoes on my own feet without it resembling an Olympic wrestling match. 2.) Regain the ability to walk in excess of 50 feet without getting winded, and needing to rest. 3.) Regain the ability to get up out of my recliner without assistance, and not feel like I am gonna bust a vein in my forehead!! 4.) Regain the ability to kneel down on the floor to play with my Dog and Grandson. 5.) To regain control of my life. I think if I can accomplish these 5, simple goals. Then I really could not ask for much more. Semper Fidelis!! Ooooo Ahhhhh!!
taddavis
on 12/31/06 8:52 pm - Atlantic Highlands, NJ
hey Semper Fi, those are fantastic! hope you get a date soon. you'll be amazed how quickly you can check those off once you have the surgery. then your only olympic wrestling matches will be with your dog and grandson.
Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 30 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 30 views
St. Patty's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 63 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 88 views