OT-Chesapeake Bay Striper Fishing Trip!!

Tim A.
on 12/31/06 1:41 am
Hi Guys, I had blast fishing on the Chesapeake Bay off VA Beach this past week with my fishing buddies Tom, Jason, and Brian. Caught a lot of fish over two days, three 20lbs-36inch stripers, five 14lbs-32inch stripers and five 10lbs-30inch stripers, two flounders 20&22 inch, and eleven under 28inch striper we had to put back to grow up so I can catch them next year. The weather was great and the seas were calm. We ended up with about 15-20 pounds of very nice fillets and a slight sunburn. I did eat really lousy, lots of junk food so I gained a couple of pounds but I am back on my routine today so it will be gone in no time. Check out the pictures in my profile photo album. Happy New Years Bros, Tim
Cagledude
on 12/31/06 10:26 am - Lawrence, IN
Tim, Great pics...those are some awesome looking fish. Happy New Year! Floyd
tinymitchell
on 1/1/07 4:27 am - shoreham, VT
Man I'm jealous! I live on the shores of Lake Champlain here in VT can't wait to get back out fishing.
Dx E
on 1/1/07 1:53 pm - Northern, MS
Tim, Looks like it was a Blast! Big "Freakishly Big" Stripers! Great to get to Meet You in Lexington! Keep at it! You're doing Great!! Hope the back is feeling better!! Happy '07! Bets Wishes- Dx
(deactivated member)
on 1/2/07 5:24 am - Eagle River, AK
Tim -- It's great to see yet another member of the proud Armstrong Clan here! Invictus Maneo! No striper fishing up here in Alaska, but I did manage to land this nice 17.5" rainbow tout the week before Christmas on an ice fishing trip. http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q79/MainFrame185/BobsBow.jpg It was delicious! Best regards, - Bob
Tim A.
on 1/3/07 12:18 am
Hi Bob, Invictus Maneo back at you bro, welcome to the men's board. I have not seen you around here before. Nice trout, I tried ice fishing when my ship was in the yard in Bath, Maine in 1984. We did not catch a lot other than a buzz from the booze trying to stay warm. I was never much of a cold weather kind of guy and after losing 212 pounds now I am really not a cold weather guy. I am much more of a Caribbean sun type. Love a good Buffet song and a banana daiquiri or some tequila shots. I spent a lot of time in the Keys, PR, VI, and Panama during my military career. Both of my brothers in law and father in law are retired CG. The brother in law went to the academy in the 70s. I still make puddle pirates jobs about all of them since I was in the Navy for 10 years. Go to run for now. Regards, Tim
(deactivated member)
on 1/3/07 3:56 am - Eagle River, AK
Tim -- I'm a retired "Puddle Pirate" myself! I may know your BIH, I enlisted in '79. I spent most of my military career in the Caribbean as well; FL, PR, Gitmo, Bahamas, Virgin Islands, Curacao, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, etc. I'm a major Buffet Fan as well, but I can neither confirm or deny that we overflew the beach on Grand Bahama Island playing "Why don't we get drunk and screw" over the loud speakers... I wonder if we ever crossed paths? - Bob
Jane M.
on 1/2/07 6:56 am - Williamsburg, VA
You were down my way and didn't call or write! shame on you!!! LOL, just kidding. I had to come out of lurking to to say Happy New Year to you! Jane aka Marilyn Monroe P.S. My new after plastics pic is up on my profile. Size 6!!!!
(deactivated member)
on 1/2/07 2:23 pm - Eagle River, AK
Eeeek! There's a woman in here! Quick, somebody throw a tarp over the still and hide that missle project we've been working on!
Jane M.
on 1/2/07 8:41 pm - Williamsburg, VA
Well, some of us "smart Ladies" actually read the men's board from time to time. It's nice to read stuff from a different perspective. Besides that, your not a bad lot to look at! Jane
Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 34 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 34 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 60 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 80 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 93 views