Hey, I am leaking...

Markwho
on 1/1/07 7:06 pm - Morristown, NJ
All is going well. No pain, no fever and passing gas like there is no tomorrow. But now all of a sudden I am leaking out of one of my "Cuts". I do not have a drain tube. I am calling the doc this morning but I assume this is normal but is there anyway to stop this leaking faucet??? Thanks
Randall Culpepper
on 1/1/07 8:03 pm - Guntersville, AL
Dx E
on 1/1/07 11:32 pm - Northern, MS
Mark, I thought it was an internal as in "Leak Test" but then read on.... That Does happen for many. Gathered fluid seeping out. Can even gush out from some. It is somewhat common to seep/leak a little fluid from incision- It's Lymph mostly. (that fluid in a blister?) I'm with Randall, Call the doc certainly and ask- "Hey Bub! Why no Drain?" Better to let it out than 'stop the leak.' It's good to get that out so it won't build in a pocket inside and cause a Seroma. Since you've got a pathway out of you, it means there is a pathway in for clever germs. Be extra careful about keeping the incision site clean and germ free. If that site gets infected you'll be packing it with gauze for a while. Hollar back and let us know what the doc did for you? Be on the lookout if the incision site feeling hot or if you run any fever. Keep hands and incision site clean and sterile, Maybe add some Neosporin to area around it? Hope to hear you're doing Great Soon! Best Wishes- Dx
Markwho
on 1/2/07 3:14 pm - Morristown, NJ
Hey Dx. Thanks for the advise. I did call the doc and he said it was normal. I have no fever, in fact feeling great (other then a leaking spout). My first appt is Thursday. I do put the Triple Antibacterial cream on, 3 times a day. (Per the doc). Thanks.
Cagledude
on 1/2/07 9:06 pm - Lawrence, IN
Mark, I didn't have a drainage tube either and my incision started leaking about week 3. It continued for about 3 weeks, but the doctor wasn't too concerned. Definately check with yours, though. It was more annoying than anything, but it does eventually stop in time. Good luck and take care. Floyd
Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 25 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 25 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 59 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 82 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 93 views