Resolutions for 2007....

Tim A.
on 1/2/07 3:56 am
Happy New Year Bros, Time to step up and make a couple of resolutions for 2007. I'll go first since this was my idea. 1. Lose the last 28 pounds to reach my goal weight of 220lbs. 2. Ride lots of roller coasters again, it's been over ten years. 3. Continue walking 30-35 miles a week and be able to walk ten miles non-stop, I am up to about eight miles so far. 4. Bench press 200lbs, only up to 150lbs now. 5. Do 50 continuous sit-ups, I am up to 20 without stopping so far. 6. Fly coach on a plane now that I can fit in the seat again. 7. Go whitewater rafting in the NC mountains this summer, I have been too big to fit into the life vests for the past six years. 8. Take dancing lessons with Susan now that I'm normal size. 9. Make ten new friends over the course of the year. 10. Volunteer at least 100 hours for Habitat for Humanity. 11. Spend more time with my son Bill before he goes off to college in 18 months. Regards, Tim
NotDave (Howyadoin?)
on 1/2/07 4:32 am - Japan
Happy New Year Tim: 1. Not gain above my current 176 2. Find a more enjoyable academic topic than my current one and publish/ present more (current one is words and phrases, want one that's pronunciation and music related - more stimulating with remedial/ detached students) 3. Keep enjoying exercise and averaging 10 hours per week (currently self-hypnosis seems to "brainwash" me into exilleration about my workouts, would like to keep that. 4. Make weight training gains every month in at least one exercise 5. Get to know my coworkers better, find something stimulating about work aside than the 18-21 year old female students (describes all of my students - this is hard because work atmosphere is rather dry, but students are rather cute) 6. Raise my singing range at least one note 7. Close the distance between my trapezius muscles and my ears by 50% 8. Contact my parents in the US more than once a week 9. Reduce body fat to 7-8% 10. Provide at least one useful exercise related post to the men's forum each week Thanks, Dave
Cagledude
on 1/2/07 4:37 am - Lawrence, IN
Tim, It seems like we are very similar. I, too, was in the Navy and you had your surgery one day before me. Those are very good resolutions. For once in my life, dieting isn't one of my resolutions....just maintaining where I'm at. The main one I want to keep is exercise. I've never liked to exercise but I'm going to try and get better about it. We've decided to purchase a new treadmill since ours is well over 20 years old. Hopefully we'll get it within next couple weeks and I can really get going. Even though I've lost all the weight I need to, I have so much excess skin and I think the exercising will really help that. Hopefully I'll build up some stamina in walking/running, because I'd love to get back into doing some 5Ks again and maybe I can actually run them instead of just walking. Good luck on your list. Hopefully I can help you with #9. Take care, shipmate. Floyd
wjoegreen
on 1/2/07 10:38 am - Colonial Heights, VA
OK Tim, I'm not much on resolutions but you inspired me. Lets see about these: 1. Be a friend to help Tim make his #9 resolution. 2. Increase my walking until I lose to 250 or less and transistion to jogging. (Oops,.is that two?) 2a. Increase walking distance and time 2b. Transition walking to jogging before end of May. 2c. Lose 120 more pounds/reach goal of 180 before surgery anniversary 9/26/07 (Nope,..its three; see I'm no good at this) 3. Wear a 36 or 34 pants (ain't done that since high school) by years end (at 48 now) 4. Get a regular weightlifting program with emphasis on upper body/arms/chest 5. Daily scripture reading 6. Get a newer car that doesn't lean toward the driver's side,...anymore. 7. Avoid dominating social conversations about my weightloss. 8. Dress nicer/wear a tie at work since I can now button the top/neck button. 9. Enjoy not sweating all over everything. 10. Play softball with the next two generations at the annual 4th of July family gathering 11. Enjoy my friends on OH.com as I lose and be helpful and supportive any time I can with anyone that asks. I think thats all I can muster. Whew,... Thanks for that uplifting goal setting experience. Geeesh, how much change can one person endure in 3 months. Next I guess I'll have to take up bathing regularly again..... Joe
NotDave (Howyadoin?)
on 1/10/07 4:15 am - Japan
Hey Joe, Sorry, looks like I won't be able to get OH to fix the mail system anytime soon. I still can't enter text from an Asian character OS, regardless of the encryption setting. Sorry to hear about the nausea issue. Hope that's resolved itself. I don't suppose they can go in and stretch the stoma until you've healed past a certain point (yes?), if a narrow stoma is the cause of the nausea, that is. That said, provided you're getting in your water and protein, you must be losing really fast. Anyway to answer your question, "Toadlats" comes from the shape of my back. My original handle Dave Jhavoo was just silly, no connection to anything whatsoever. Please let us know how you're doing. If you can send me your mail address, I'll be able to respond better (I can read my OH mail, just can't write any). Thanks. Best Regards, Dave
Scott William
on 1/2/07 11:56 am
1. Complete one marathon. 2. Stop dropping the F-Bomb in front of my almost 5 year old. 3. Not accumulate any more debt. (new clothes shopping) 4. Find a girl with a job and some ambition who is georgious and likes to make love once a day and can cook and clean and likes running (slowly) and does not want any additional kids and who has a great sense of humor and likes to mow the lawn and who is outgoing. That's it! Scott
Tim A.
on 1/3/07 12:49 am
Scott, Number 4 on your list sounds a lot like a personel ads there bro or maybe just wishful thinking. Happy New Year, Tim
Scott William
on 1/3/07 2:47 am
I assumed that I would have 10 or 15 e-mails by now from the lady lurkers *****ad this board. I guess they are playing hard to get. Take care Scott
Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 29 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 29 views
St. Patty's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 62 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 87 views