Any other pyromaniacs here?

(deactivated member)
on 1/2/07 5:42 am - Eagle River, AK
When I was a kid I looked forward to the 4th of July more than I did Christmas! But up here in Alaska it's still daylight at midnight on Independence Day, so the fireworks aren't very spectacular. New Years is a horse of a different color... It's pitch black by 4:30 p.m. and the fireworks reflect off the snow like a billion sparks! This photo was shot at approximately 11:45 p.m. on the 31st. That's my best "Mad Scientist" war face... The drink was a triple medium dry vodka martini w/ two olives; shaken, not stirred of course... Before anyone gives me any crap about that, it was the first drink I have had in months, and it was the only one I consumed all night! (It was all I needed, it got me higher than a kite but not drunk) http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q79/MainFrame185/DSCN8463.jpg Best regards, - Bob (the pyro!)
mhoffman
on 1/2/07 5:49 am - Bellefonte, PA
Bob, That's quite a collection.....I can only imagine what that looked like. My wife and I are headed to your neck of the woods this May. We are going on an Inside Passage Cruise from 5/18-5/25!! Definitely looking forward to it. Any hints as to what the daylight and nighttime hours will be like during that time of year? Mike
(deactivated member)
on 1/2/07 9:32 am - Eagle River, AK
By Mid May it's light until 11 p.m. or so and then again by 4 a.m. By late May/early June it really never gets dark; just twilight conditions, but it depends on how far up the passage you are coming. If you are only coming as far as Juneau, then it won't be that extreme. - Bob
Cagledude
on 1/2/07 6:18 am - Lawrence, IN
Bob, With all that, I can just imagine how the sky looked when you got started. That drink looks pretty good too. Happy New Year! Floyd
(deactivated member)
on 1/2/07 12:56 pm - Eagle River, AK
Thanks floyd! The sky was lit up pretty good and it was really loud! I picked only loud, colorful things. The drink was excellent, if I have to say so myself! Happy New Year. - Bob
FatManWalking
on 1/2/07 7:47 am - Deep in the Heart of, TX
RNY on 12/11/06 with
We did not have quite the arsenal you had there, but a good $120 worth. Blowed Up Real Good! I had one glass of Red Wine, and I could feel it. JP
(deactivated member)
on 1/2/07 11:32 am - Houston, TX
Jp.....at houston prices that is about $600 worth....in houston each of those boxes is at least $40-60.....I was able to aford 1 for the kids in the neighborhood, and a couple of small bottle rockets...thumper had enought for a night at disney Way to go thumper.....We just had a chick from Texas get sent your way...her name is Danni W....her hubby just got tranfered into perma frost central...i'll tell her you are there.. She's real gun ho after surgery.....she wants to shoot a moose.... Happy new year Russ
(deactivated member)
on 1/2/07 1:00 pm - Eagle River, AK
Russ -- I've alreday put in for my permits for 2007 moose. She'll have to hurry! Please feel free to have her drop me a PM. Is she on OH? As for the what I paid for that stuff, look at my reply to JP! The 16 shot cakes are only $20 here... I magine that! Something that actually costs less in Alaska! - Bob
(deactivated member)
on 1/2/07 12:57 pm - Eagle River, AK
JP -- Ur not going to believe this, but I only threw down $100 for all that stuff! It helps to have a friend in the business! Happy New Year! - Bob
Bobby C.
on 1/2/07 9:52 am - Charlotte, NC
Bob, that look on your face is priceless! Almost makes me wonder if there's someone under the table. - Bobby
Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 35 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 35 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 61 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 81 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 94 views