Making Headway with insurance

drjco
on 1/2/07 8:42 am - Mint Hill, NC
I received some good news from the Dr.s office today. They have been working with my insurance to facilate the approval The hang up was the ins.company needed 6 months of Dr. directed exercise and diet results. Fortunately, I began in October with the nutritionist and exercise physiologist affiliated with the surgeon. I also had appointments with the P.A. in the office. The insurance company will accept this set up as acceptable for satisfying their requirements. I have kept diet and exercise records since October 2006 when I met with them and began to follow their programs. Now, instead of a 6 month wait I am looking at mid March as an approval time frame. drjco
wjoegreen
on 1/2/07 10:03 am - Colonial Heights, VA
Good for you. Thats the way to play the game. Three cheers for John O. I had the same situation and since my Family Physican hospitalized me in Feb and saw me for my blood pressure and heart condition every two to three weeks thereafter. Then the cardioligist I saw recommended the gastric bypass as a medical necessity to combat my developing heart condition. So after some sales pitching on my part and logical train of thought, I sold my family physician to count diet and exercise supervision from February to August. I saw the Surgeon in July for orientation and 1st appointment in August, got approved in August, and had surgery in Sept. March will be here very soon. I am happy for you man. Brace up, its quite a ride. You'll be glad you did it. Joe
drjco
on 1/2/07 10:20 am - Mint Hill, NC
Joe Thanks for the support and encouragement. I am sure the ride will be something. But I am willing to do it to be a loser.
Dx E
on 1/2/07 12:45 pm - Northern, MS
John, Congratulations on making head-way! March will be here before you know it! Best Wishes- Dx
bigdooba
on 1/2/07 1:14 pm - Marlton, NJ
Lap Band on 12/04/06 with
Hey Joyn, congratulations on getting your approval. All the requirements before surgery all seem to take up so much time. But before you know it the big day will be here. Once your home and feeling better after the surgery time really flies and you can't believe you went through all that BS and it's all behind you and know you get to see the results. Good for you and Best of Luck. Dan
Markwho
on 1/2/07 4:03 pm - Morristown, NJ
Hi John, I to had to bend over backwards for the ins co. 6 month diet program, weight loss drugs. From start to finnish was about 14 months. Good Luck.
Dan_P.
on 1/2/07 10:14 pm - Baltimore, MD
Hey John. It's going to be worth all of your trouble. That's one thing I can guarantee. -Daniel
Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 35 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 35 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 61 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 81 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 94 views