Ok OUCH....

jaswany
on 1/3/07 9:07 am - Eagan, MN
I may have missed this post somewhere down the line, but I need a repeat... I started running about a month ago and now can run about 5 miles at a time. The PROBLEM that seems to have come up....my nipples are killing me. They are sore, and sometimes bleed. I realize that this is from my shirt rubbing against them, but what is the solution? I know we have some runners in here so I am turning to you for my solution. Thought about using tape but that might hurt pulling it off and with the sweat would it even stay on? Maybe I am just being a baby? Let me know what you guys do if you have that problem. Josh
btankersley
on 1/3/07 9:14 am - Farragut, TN
I used to run five miles a day (before I gained the weight of two cheerleaders after college), and had the same issue. I got some tight undershirts that gave me the support (e.g. Bro/Manssier from Kramer and Mr. Kostanza on Seinfeld) I needed (also helped me keep from flopping around). You might also try a very loose shirt when running. If nothing else helps, my wife had this ointment she used when breastfeeding our son - it kept things from getting chapped. HTH - BRian
Scott William
on 1/3/07 9:24 am
Body glide looks like deodorant and you rub it on. You can do a search for it. It helps but for my money nothing beats a good old band aid. Just shave around the nipples first. Scott
Phil D.
on 1/4/07 12:39 am - Des Moines, IA
try putting band-aids over your nipples to keep your shirt from rubbing Phil
Sean_B
on 1/4/07 9:30 am - Schenectady, NY
two words..... COMPRESSION SHIRT basically, it's a spandex shirt. wear a t-shirt (or any shirt) over it. great at helping keep you warm as well. I'd respectfully disagree to the loose shirt idea.... between the looser skin of your breasts allowing your Moobs to flop a bit, combined with a shirt that's loose enough to also flop around... double ouch.
Troy Field
on 1/4/07 9:58 am - Bunker Hill, WV
Josh, The guys have given you a lot of good responses. I know I've read from past post about the "rubbing, bleeding, hurting nipples that a few have mentioned clothing from Under Armour. Google it up and see what it gets ya. Not sure if there is a U in Armour or if it Armor. Check it out. They have an awesome reputation. Troy
Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 34 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 34 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 60 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 80 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 93 views