To my banded bros:

jjhazy
on 1/8/07 9:23 am - littleton, CO
Hi all---it has been a long time since I posted, but I always look from the sidelines. Love this place. Had a quick question--I have the VG band, and am up to about 9cc. The nurse told me (obviously) there isn't much room left on the band. While I do have some restriction, it isn't what it used to be. I am about halfway thru to my goal weight of losing 160 pounds, and am worried that with little restriction and not much room left in the band...... Anyone shed some light. Could I have a leak? My doc does not do barilium tests. How can I be somewhat open at 9cc? Thanks---as always, Joel
SonnySmith
on 1/8/07 7:24 pm
Unfortunately I can't help with your questions as I am in the initial stages of this journey, but I too am looking into the band. Glad to see you've had great results thus far. Its encouraging for us who are still on the gaining (or status quo) side. Keep up the good work. Sonny
Shane Johnson
on 1/9/07 2:42 am - Olathe, KS
Joel, I had mine done months after you but I am feeling about the same as you. I am about half-way there but am already up to 8CC out of 10CC and can tell that I have restriction (get stuck on certain foods now when I didn't until the last fill) but still seem to be able to eat too much or feel hungry more frequently. I suppose most of this is normal bu a bit frustrating. There is always a chance of evaporation so you may want your dr. to extract all of your saline to figure out where you truely are at then re-insert. Not sure if your dr. will do it, but I have heard others on the lap-band board request that from their dr. I guess I would try to find DXE's response about plateau's and keep track of your losses. DXE seemed right on that as you get closer to goal the loss seems to slow eventhough you continue to lose at the same rate. Good luck, Shane
Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 24 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 24 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 58 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 81 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 92 views