Guy Question - Protein Powder?

Mark ..
on 1/8/07 4:00 am - Houston, TX
Hey My Brothers, My son starts High School next year, so we are going to be hitting the gym all summer. I need protien powder suggestions that we could both use. I am VBG, so sugar doesn't make me dump, but I do try to stay away from it. Any suggestions guys? Thanks and Happiness... MKJ
Dan_P.
on 1/8/07 4:22 am - Baltimore, MD
I'm a devotee of allthewhey.com. Good selection, decent prices. Would advise to stay away from the peanut butter flavor.
Dx E
on 1/8/07 5:04 am - Northern, MS
Mark, AnyWhey at GNC is pretty good stuff. My son likes it as well. The Vanilla will mix well with just about anything if you're having it as a shake / smoothie. I have to second Daniel P's advice- "...stay away from the peanut butter flavor." That, and some of the Gen-Soy stuff are the only ones I've found that really were gross. Or at least for my taste. Congratulations Dad!! Beating my High School Senior Son in recent games of one on one Basketball Have been some of our "Best Times." (Ok, I only beat him 1 out of 3 times, but even "playing at all" has been a Great by-product of the weight-loss) Best Wishes- Dx
(deactivated member)
on 1/8/07 5:12 am
Cagledude
on 1/8/07 7:03 am - Lawrence, IN
Mark, I agree with Dx. I use AnyWhey, which is flavorless. I put it in my yogurt and don't even know it's there. Good luck. Floyd
Jay from NY
on 1/8/07 11:14 am - New york, NY
Mark, I use GNC's Protein 95 (soy based). I make smoothies using Vanilla powder & add Banana (1 med.), Strawberries or Cantaloupes (1 cup). Mix w/ 1/2 cup of water & 1/2 cup of ice in a blender. 200 - 250 calories, 25 grams protein & no added suger. No lactose. Good stuff. Jay
panhead58fl
on 1/8/07 10:17 pm - Barboursville, WV
I like the Isopure low carb. I have tried vanilla and dutch chocolate. It is also no sugar. It is a little high priced, you can find it on ebay, GNC, bariatrics.com and several other sites. It seems to dissolve well. It also has about 50 percent of the daily requirements of vitamins and minerals per serving; two scoops. If you like it you can buy it a GNC for buy one get one at half price and if you have the GNC Gold Card you get 20 % off the first ten days of each month. pan head
Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 18 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 18 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 52 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 74 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 89 views