Physical Activity

sjbob
on 1/10/07 2:52 am - Willingboro, NJ
I finally took the plunge (quite literally) and joined an aquatic and fitness center. I had 2 criteria for the pool: that the water be treated with chlorine rather than bromine and that it have steps into the pool. I was lucky to find such a facility close to home. It has a regular indoor pool as well as 2 therapy pools and a spa. It also has regular fitness equipment, but I'm only going to use the aquatic center for the forseeable future. I'm down to 385 and my knees kill me. I have to walk with a cane and my goal is to be able to walk without it. I only started using the pool this week, but I can already feel an improvement in my movements and in my mood.
Dx E
on 1/10/07 3:17 am - Northern, MS
Bob, Great news! lots of folks with the bad knee issue find water-workouts To be a life-saver. So? I'm Curious..... Why the chlorine rather than bromine? I know nothing about this. Sounds important. Best Wishes- Dx
(deactivated member)
on 1/10/07 3:25 am - Eagle River, AK
OMG!!! A subject that Dx actually knows nothing about?! Somebody call Guinness! Just kidding w/ ya bro, but seriously, I think you should try out for Jeopardy! You are one of the most knowledgeable people it has ever been my pleasure to know... - Bob
Dx E
on 1/10/07 4:07 am - Northern, MS
Trivia? I kick-Azz!! Real Stuff? "...how's this printer plug into this fax port?" Best Wishes- Dx
(deactivated member)
on 1/10/07 4:23 am - Eagle River, AK
That's why we have IT geeks like me... If this stuff was easy then I'd be out of a job... - Bob
Troy Field
on 1/11/07 7:33 am - Bunker Hill, WV
I had to hijack this on a serious note. Dex, Bob's got a point bro! Try out for Jeopardy! They are allowing people to take the test online from Jan. 23rd to Jan26th or something like that. I know it starts on the 23rd. Give it a shot...you could end up the next Ken Jennings. And what a way to get the OH and WLS word out there! GO FOR IT !!! Troy
(deactivated member)
on 1/11/07 1:45 pm - Eagle River, AK
Troy -- I might try out myself! My brain is a repository for completely useless information... - Bob
(deactivated member)
on 1/10/07 6:16 am - Houston, TX
I agee with Bob... For all the hype about chlorine burning your eyes...blah blah blah.... the chlorine makes my skin feel better, and it does better on the rashes...i'll take any help I can get.... My spa at the haouse has bromine...and that's going to change, just as soon as I have to buy new crap.... there Dxe....there is my 2¢ worth..... Dxe...One week from today I'm on the table....ouch Russ
NotDave (Howyadoin?)
on 1/10/07 3:36 am - Japan
Great news, Bob! The water is not only good for fitness, it's also relaxing and will leave you feeling great! Enjoy, Dave
drjco
on 1/10/07 5:12 am - Mint Hill, NC
Sj Bob, I have fibromyalgia and my muscles are always stiff and achy. I am only 280, but I use a cane to get around. I take a class twice a week called Water Trekking. It is an hour of non-stop movment in a pool. we start walking to warm up and then we go to different moves such as jumping jacks forward, high kicks, alternate Knee with crunches etc. In the water the movment is very easy. I get a good workout. I could not do this on land. drjco
Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 36 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 36 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 63 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 82 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 95 views