Just a few Highlights- Online Support Group!

Dx E
on 1/10/07 3:33 pm - Northern, MS
Well, Tuesday Night's Online Support Group got off to a good start! There were a few questions that popped up with quick responses That I thought might be valuable here. So I asked these questions again on the Main Board and got a Big-Azz Batch of numbers to crunch. I thought by adding more opinions and experiences into the mix, The Better! After "Crunching all of the numbers" the Winners & Losers Are----------- (didn't deviate too far from the majority of responses here...) WHAT FOODS CAUSE YOU THE MOST PROBLEMS? (by "problems" I mean- don't feel comfortable in your tummies [no matter the procedure] or cause issues" such as diarrhea, 'foamies,' rumbling, gas, etc...) The "Culprits?-------------------- Bread & Pasta tied with - 15 votes each. Reheated/dry meat - 12 votes Rice & Eggs tied with - 10 votes each. Chicken- 9 votes Tuna / Fish & Ground Beef/Hamburger Meat & Ham/Pork - Three-way tie! - 8 votes. Steak/Beef / Raw Veggies/Salad- tied at 6 votes each Wieners/ Sausage/s-5 votes Sugar/Sweets & Oil/Fat/Fried preparation - tied at 4 votes each. Potatoes & Pizza- tied at 3 votes each. Milk- came in at 2 votes. Getting only 1 vote each- SF Cookies, Onions, Tomato soup, Turkey, No Sugar added Ice Cream, Bacon, Tortillas, Melted Mozzarella, Peanut Butter, Pickles, & Sunflower seeds. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- WHAT FOODS ARE "STAND-BYES" THAT YOU RELY ON TO 'SIT WELL' AND SERVE YOU WELL? (by "sit well" I mean- don't feel UN-comfortable in your tummies [no matter the procedure] or cause "issues" and provide you with satisfaction and good nutrition?) The reliable "Standbys?"------- Cheese- was the Clear winner at 24 votes. Cottage Cheese- came in at 16 votes. Chili & Eggs/Omelets tied at 14 votes each. Soup- followed closely with 12 votes. Sushi/Fish-10 votes. Chicken-9 votes. Peanut Butter-8 votes. Nuts and SF Yogurt - tied with 6 votes each. Steak & Refried Beans - tied at -5 votes each. Shrimp & Protein Shakes - tied at 3 votes each. Beans, Crackers, Jerky, & Oatmeal - finished all with 3 votes each. Milk, Salad & Deli Meats / lunchables - tied 3 ways with 2 votes each. SF Jell-O & Pork - finished in a tie with 2 votes each. Getting only 1 vote each- Protein-Hot Cocoa, Egg Drop Soup, Mashed potatoes, Pudding, Turkey pepperoni, Mac & Cheese, Bananas, Pickles, Buffalo meat, Turkey, Coffee, Hood CC dairy beverage, No Sugar added Ice Cream, Little Debbies, & Candy Bars ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Well, what is fairly obvious is that one's treasure is another's trash. Although Cheese was a crowd favorite, Eggs, Chicken & Fish "stood out" by the near 50/50 split on Yeah or Nay! Also a "stand-out" was the inclusion of Candy Bars and Little Debbies on the Plus side in contrast to the usually favored Cheese on the Negative column once it was melted. The good of all of this? - two comments from others..... "....good to see what works/doesn't work for everyone." "...glad to know I'm Not Alone!" Now a Third Question that was asked, Was a more philosophical and more of a "ponder it" question than a quick response..... Have a shot at it-------------------------------------- NOW THAT YOU'VE "RE-BOOTED" YOUR LIFE, OR GOT A NEW BODY, Do you feel the urge to "Get a New Life?" As in- Perhaps Start Over in a new job, place, relationship, Life Direction? If So? Why? If Not? Why? ........................................................................... Thoughts? This isn't so much of a recap of the Online Support Group Meeting," Just a few Highlights- Short to the point info- And something to kick around like a football. Sort of like getting a pair of pants for Christmas With a Hole in the Pocket-------------- It's Something to Wear, And something to Play With! Best Wishes- Dx
NotDave (Howyadoin?)
on 1/10/07 4:42 pm - Japan
Hi Dx, Funny, at 10 months, I never get the foamies any more. Let's see, as for the question...Job? I think I have lifetime employment with short hours and good pay - no change. Relationship? - 10 year anniversary this month, wife is great - no change. Life direction? Well, the time I use on fitness changes the time in my life quite a bit (not only exercise, but at least one hour a day of mental training, call it my "spiritual time", if you will). Being in Japan, and surrounded by generous and forgiving people, pretty much has me "glued, screwed and tattooed". So the only life change is the bulging muscles and fitness. Thanks for Providing, Yes...Yet Another...Service! Dave
FatManWalking
on 1/10/07 10:41 pm - Deep in the Heart of, TX
RNY on 12/11/06 with
I am starting the "Dave Haters Club", for those interested. basically, we will just sit around and talk in jealous envy about Dave and his life in Japan. Any takers? LOL I am definitely going through the "re-evaluation of life" thing Dx mentions. I find my passion for my career lacking, and it is hard to stay motivated for something my heart is just not in. I think the analogy of "rebooting" is accurate. When I made the decision to change my life forever, by having RNY, is seems only obvious that one might have the desire to "reboot" other facets of their life as well. Like most things, I think the important thing is to recognize this issue and operate from a position of awareness. Thanks again to all for the locker room, including Dave in Japan. I find it is my greatest resource for knowledge for things related to life after WLS. JP
Troy Field
on 1/11/07 7:17 am - Bunker Hill, WV
JP, I don't know much about a "Dave Hater's Club" but a "Damn that Dave's a Lucky ******* Living in Japan, workin' out and Lookin good" Club just might be in order. At least a club to send a big "KONICHIWA" his way once in awhile. In all seriousness, I agree, Dave is one of the great supporters in here who gives very good insight into what the right way to do it is. I think we would all be lost without guys like Dave, Carbon, Dex, and Dan P. THANKS GUYS!!!! Troy
NotDave (Howyadoin?)
on 1/11/07 1:40 pm - Japan
Well, there are a few things you have to sacrifice: 1) Speaking English (much of the time) 2) Seeing parents & siblings (I see them about 3 weeks a year) 3) Virtually no other job opportunities for non-Japanese natives, besides teaching English So, it's definitely not for everybody! Dave
Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 27 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 27 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 62 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 85 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 95 views