The Sunday Weekly Weigh-In

Dx E
on 1/13/07 3:13 pm - Northern, MS
The Sunday Weekly Weigh-In __________January 14th! Congratulations and Welcome to our New Guys. For those of you headed in next week--Have the Greatest! For those of you just home--Hang in there, It Does Get Easier Each Week! I know that using the scales can make some crazy, (Slower loss is Still Loss!) -But- Keeping track and forcing myself to "Watch It!" Has been the "What works for me," for maintaining my loss. I'll eat, but know that I need to exercise a little bit more If the numbers climb just a little. That way, I only make "Little" adjustments to my weekly routine. If the "Scales Make You Discouraged?" Then STAY OFF of Them! But for those who Are weighing in- Drum roll--------------------------------------------------------- Hop your Azz up on the Scales! How much have you lost? Since Surgery? Or in Pre-Op Diet? And has the Scale moved this week for you? If so, How Much? My Starting Weight? - 385 + All Time Low - 179 Today? - 184 -Back up a touch, still in my range... So, What about YOU? (NEW GUYS AND LURKERS? Scan back over the last months of this weekly post, And you'll get a fairly clear picture of the fact that there isn't a "Typical" progress, Just massive, persistent, overwhelming - PROGRESS!) (Plateaus DO BREAK!) (Congratulations in Advance!!) Keep It Up!!! Best Wishes- Dx
NotDave (Howyadoin?)
on 1/13/07 3:32 pm - Japan
Dx, Boring is good, when it comes to bodyweight below Dr.'s goal... All time high (at age 27): 305 High when considering surgery: 282 Day of RNY: 262 Doctor's goal: 190 Weight for last five weeks or so: 176-178 Still lifting big heavy weights like a fiend and those weights are going up. Working out with 260 on the squat, for example and bench workout weight went up an additional 40 lbs (doing decline bench only). No****ching carbs too much. I eat sweets, but probably less than the average thin person. Since body fat isn't going down either, at some point before summer, I'll probably see if I can drop another five lbs. Wife says muscles are getting bigger, so since weight has stabilized I would expect a drop in body fat, but can't see it yet. Another interesting development, I keep imagine that abdominal fat is returning, but pants size and measurements (and wife) keep telling me otherwise. Not surprising, I guess that someone who has lost to this weight 4-5 times might be a little paranoid, or have a screwy body image. Thanks as always for your help and support, Dave
SonnySmith
on 1/15/07 4:49 am
Dave Wow I'm envious of you. I've been ripped and lean before too. I've yo-yo'd from "chubby to chiseled and back" a few times. I even was in an ad for Xenedrine. Unfortunately I'm back to chubby. My lovehandles have lovehandles. I'm the heaviest I've ever been despite playing basketball 2 or 3 times a week. And because I've "been to the promised land" before, I feel that much worse now in contrast. I'm looking into the lap-band surgery. Hopefully it will be the help I need. I hope to join you on the "single digit bodyfat team" in the not too distant future. Good luck. Sonny
NotDave (Howyadoin?)
on 1/15/07 5:43 am - Japan
Doesn't look like you are too far off. In fact, I'm surprised that you're able to get a doc to give you the lap band (although, personally I think it's good for anyone "overweight", regardless of BMI). Your BMI is 36 something, but my guess of your actual BMI would be between 28 and 30. I can still see the old muscles under there. Great symmetry! You didn't really lose that weight with Xenadrine did you? They were recently sued for false advertising...no way! Dave
SonnySmith
on 1/15/07 6:55 am
Much exercise and detail to dieting along with the Xenedrine went into the after pics. I'm pretty sure the dieting and exercise alone could have done the job too though. I'm 230 at 5'6". I am heavier now than I was in either of the before pics Like I said I hope this route is the answer. Sonny
NotDave (Howyadoin?)
on 1/15/07 7:08 am - Japan
Sonny, Seems to me with the band that people are having success when they religiously get the fills and diet and exercise (like the rest of us). Not sure how much heavier you are now, but you should be good to go in less than a year post op. Best Wishes, Dave
(deactivated member)
on 1/13/07 3:55 pm - Eagle River, AK
Dx -- Heaviest Weight: 398 Consultation weight: 389 Pre-Op Weight (Day of Surgery): 373 Current Weight: 267 Goal Weight : 200 Best regards, - Bob
Paul Gubrud
on 1/13/07 7:56 pm - Pelican Rapids, MN
Good Morning Gentlemen, I'm pleased with this past week's progress. The scale bounced around a bit but I ended the week a pound lighter. Day of surgery: 321 Last week's weight: 216 This week's weight: 215 Lost this week: 1 Total Lost: 106 May Your Lantern Burn Bright, Paul
Rick A.
on 1/13/07 8:31 pm - Far Northern, CA
Hi all, Last week I whinned because I had gained 2 pounds. This week I jus****ched things a little more closely and had a big surprise. I not only lost the two pounds, three more followed it. So my lesson for the week. Quit your whinning and stick to the program. Yesterday was one year since I started this journey. What a wild ride it has been. I can't believe how much better I feel and how much more energy I have. It's nice not to be on the sidelines and be living again. Here's the numbers: Weight at 1st consult: (January 13, 2006) 339 Weight at surgery: (March 20, 2006) 300 Weight when whinnning last week: 197 Weight today: 192 Thank you and thank God for the results of this last year. Life is good, Rick
Harry Parkinson
on 1/13/07 9:54 pm - Maysville, MO
good morning guys post opp weight ............360 day of surgery...............333 last week......................155 this mornig....................153 little movement but happy all the same. Harry Parkinson
Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 27 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 27 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 62 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 85 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 95 views