Well these last few ...

jaswany
on 1/15/07 2:29 am - Eagan, MN
Well these last few weeks have been insane. I am down to 212 as of yesterday. That is a total of 143 lbs lost. I am wearing size 34 jeans and large shirts. I did go buy some news clothes yesterday because I was tired of looking like a slob in my babby pants. My sugeon's goal was 225 lbs, but I set mine at 210. 210 lbs will put in the normal range for bmi. 210 lbs seems still like a lot but I guess being 6 '4 I will have to see. I should be at my goal in a few days at this rate. I am starting to worry about getting to thin. I can't help but worry. I don't dump, but I do throw up quite a bit still if I eat to fast or eat meats that don't sit well. Should I up my protien? I guess I am confused once I get to my goal weight what I need to do. My surgeon's office doesn't seemed concerned because at my 6 month I was already below goal. Maybe she didn't think I would continue to lose? Maybe they don't see that many people who can't stop losing? I excercise 4 times a week and have been lifting so I am gaining muscle and losing fat. I figured I would be holding steady with the muscles growing instead of losing still. Do I just let my body figure it out on it's own? I mean won't my body weight plateau at some point? I thought I read that some of the other guys are having this issue.... Do you think the running is just sucking the calories that I do eat right down? Personally I don't know if I like where this is going....I am looking a little boney. And people are starting to wonder if I have cancer or something... Funny to think about that when just 8 months ago I was huge.., and now people think I am ill? Maybe I am just worrying to much... But I needed to get it down on paper my thoughts.
NotDave (Howyadoin?)
on 1/15/07 3:49 am - Japan
Hi Josh, I'm wondering, too whether I should lose more weight. Almost everyone gains back some eventually, so my thinking is, "maybe I'll overlose to offset that". Looking at some of the guys who can't stop losing until way below goal, most of them are very active AND on top of that, exercising. Might try drinking some of those weight gain shakes for a few weeks, just to see if you actually can stop losing. Personally, I'm a little against taking in more and more solid or semi-solid calories. Even if the stomach does not stretch or grow, the eating can become a habit, fullness nerves deadened and so on (or those are my superstitions anyway). This is why I would lean toward shakes at first. Could be the running, too. I think if I added more cardio to my current routine (cardio twice a week), that I would probably lose more weight. Don't worry too much about what others think. Everyone else is probably at least a little overweight and this screws their perception. How's your bodyfat? Have you had it tested? Mine is somewhere between 11 and 12% and I figure I'm safe to about 7%. As long as I'm above that BF percentage, I figure the leaner the healthier. Good Luck, Dave
Cagledude
on 1/15/07 9:09 am - Lawrence, IN
Josh, Thanks for putting it so well. I have some of the same problems/concerns. I am 9 months out and have lost 140 pounds (30 pounds below my personal goal). Doctor isn't too concerned, but I just started walking/running this past week and haven't done any other exercising to this point. If not for my excess skin, I would be all bones. I have finally quit losing weight but that's because I'm eating pasta, rice, potatoes, crackers, etc. I feel that I'm getting back into my same bad habits that got me here. I'm interested in seeing what others guys feel about this. Take care and good luck. Floyd
Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 31 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 31 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 58 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 78 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 91 views