LOST INTEREST IN FOOD

carbonblob
on 3/31/08 10:48 am - los angeles, CA
hey, thanks for the info. i never thought of using a fruit juice because i thought the powder would never mix in a million years! i'm going to try it for the next drink. man, that would be terrific because i love OJ. ok, going to experiment. thanks......carbonblob

ps, this just reconfirms that i'm always learning something from here even from the new guys!
jimD
on 3/30/08 8:58 am
Well u got all of the right responses.  For me i go with the south beach raisan bars.  They only have 10 gr of protein but taste super.  I also have become addicted to protein plus special K.  I have some for breakfast about everyday and if I am low on protein I will have a bowl at night.  I should invest in special k stock! I agree with u it is very hard to remember to eat and want to.  some days I wake up and don't feel like eating all day.  But at night after dinner my craving kick in.  I guess that is why I am still losing after reaching my goal of 215, months ago. I am sure you will figure it out and get ur head straight. Jim D Protein making u sick I really understand.  I have a 20lb bucket of whey that has one serving out of it what a waste of 60 bucks!
NotDave (Howyadoin?)
on 3/30/08 9:43 am - Japan

You guys must be getting the bad protein. Isopure or Cytosport - man, I could live off of that stuff!  Now brand is bad sh** though. I have to force myself to drink it. But, I can still mix it up and add it to my coffee (cools the coffee).

CB, maybe you need that medical stuff that Dx uses. What is it? You can mix it with your regular food.

carbonblob
on 3/31/08 10:53 am - los angeles, CA
i gotta tell ya, i got a ton of advice and ideas now from this post. i'll search his stuff and try and find that too. what a great site. never alone with our problems huh? first chance i get i'm off to the store to try some of these ideas. thanks....carbonblob
carbonblob
on 3/31/08 10:52 am - los angeles, CA
yeah, i've got to figure something out because i need tons of protein for lifting. i'm just burning away all that hard work losing muscle. i went on a bran cereal kick for a while too. forgot the brand. i had to stop because it kept expanding in my gut after a while. i'm gonna try the special K though. i used to love that stuff too but a long time ago. i need tons of fiber. i take benefiber in my shake but like i said if i can do bars and something else, like cereal, i will. hey thanks for the ideas....carbonblob
John Hoffmann
on 3/30/08 1:38 pm - Baltimore, MD
I swear by Unjury, I've been hooked on the stuff since I was able to start it post-op.  I alternate between the chocolate and vanilla every day, I mix it with 2% milk, more of a treat than anything. Good luck CB, get yourself back on track man.  You've been an inspiration to me, and I'm sure to alot of other guys here.  Be well. John
Stalwart
on 3/31/08 12:23 am - LA

Besides diet, have you been getting enough rest? Sometimes overtraining or insufficient sleep can cause problems. Don't get depressed, you are still doing fine. Most would kill for your problem ;) Just dust yourself off and get back on the hog!

carbonblob
on 3/31/08 10:57 am - los angeles, CA
hey thanks john. i tried the unjury when i was taking the classes before surgery. didn't like it. seems everyone is very narrow in tastes when it comes to protein powder. i use designer whey out of the vitamin shoppe. vannila and the other kind of vannila are the only ones that don't make me barf. so i promise to get my head and ass wired together. just seems like a tough two years sometimes. just feeling sorry for myself and you know that's not going to help matters. so thanks and i'll keep you posted.....carbonblob
Cal Blacksmith ..
on 3/30/08 11:10 pm - Riverside, CA
RNY on 11/09/06 with
CB, I wish I could trade about 1/2 of my eating problems for about 1/2 of yours, both of us would be better off! While I don't live for food anymore, I find myslef still wanting to eat out of boredom. While watching the tube it sure is hard to fight the eating habit! I have started attending the local JC and am taking TWO baking classes, yep the wrong thing when protein is my goal but it was the only classes they offered at night when I can attend after work. I must say that I am getting fairly good at this stuff but eating the product after words is not so good for me. I can eat sugar, starch, carbs, grease, all in different amounts. I still eat very slowly as per my doctors advice but that can be a problem also as I have found that if I eat slowly enough, I NEVER FEEL FULL!!!! Well, that is slightly off the mark, I do feel something after a couple of bites but I would never be able to take in enough calories to maintain my weight if I stopped at the first hint of food in my stomach. I do track my intake most days with the program from Fit Day (I bought it and keep it on my laptop) and I am maintaining my weight at 185 + or - 4#, day to day and week to week. I do try to drink a lot more than I used to and I do maintain the 1/2 hour between eating and drinking. For protein bars, I eat the Premier brand bars. They are 40 gm of protein in a 300 cal bar. They taste great to me and I buy them at Sams Club. They do taste most like real food to me, no aftertaste and I get to eat a candy bar once a day if I want to! I gag at drinking Isopure, that stuff is just plain NASTY!!! If you don't feel like eating, just think of it as medicine, you need to take so many calories and grams of protein 4 or 5 times a day. Good luck in this, food is a problem for all of us no matter how you look at it.
Get it hot, hit it HARD,
Hammering away the pounds!
carbonblob
on 3/31/08 11:12 am - los angeles, CA
yeah, i think if you split us in two we would be better. hey, that's cool with the baking classes. my g/f got a subscription to cooking illustrated or something like that. it's the cook magazine with no ads. really interesting stuff. hey, sorry gotta run she just came in and we have to run the dogs. i'll get back later. want to finish this up....carbonblob
Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 28 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 28 views
St. Patty's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 62 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 87 views