Geezuz, this food thing sucks.

(deactivated member)
on 7/3/08 9:35 am - MO
I am not eating hardly anything.  Some days I can eat well, 500-1000 calories; other days nothing hardly at all.  Is this normal???  I've got bones showing that I didn't even know I had.  The crevice is almost healed, off the wound vac, no tubes, nothing, just a hard to use pouch.  I'm considered stage unlimited, but still the amount consumed is less than a thin 8 year old eats.  I weigh 199, am 6'0" tall, down from 388, how much more can I lose??? Thanks, BobM.
bullyanky
on 7/3/08 10:01 am - Woodstock, IL
I'd ask your doctor.. That sounds like a really important question.. Never thought of asking that one. I am still in the intial fazes.. Prob another question to ask when I go back in... Thanks..  I am sure it will most likely depend on your age and height and what the normal range is for you.... Pass it on if you find out the answer.. 
Beam me up Scottie
on 7/3/08 11:36 am
I think you are right now where most people are when they've only been eating about 5 or 6 months (you've only been eathing that long right?).  You might want to call your surgeon and ask for some suggestions, and have him check for a stricture.  It is pretty common with the RNY, esp in the early stages. Scott
cabin111
on 7/3/08 10:15 am
Bob just wondering...Could you have a stricture?  Just wondering if they can scope your pouch with the balloon they use (Gastroenterologist) and enlarge that thing.  Esp. since you are healing ok.  Just a thought.  Brian
Dx E
on 7/3/08 10:43 am - Northern, MS

Whacha eatin’ Bob? Knowing a typical meal or day for you would give the guys a better stab at a good answer. Meat?  What Kind?  Eggs?  Veggies?  And are you hungry even after you eat all you can? (I’ve heard that from some…) What ya munchin’? Glad to hear you are tube free and healing! Best Wishes- Dx

Capricious;  Impulsive,  Semi-Predictable       

(deactivated member)
on 7/3/08 11:40 am - MO
A typical day for me starts around 7:00 a.m., Vitamins - Iron, multi, prilosec, calcium citrate.  Then breakfast (sometimes a egg burrito with chunk sausage, but most times a 1/4 cup of honey nut cereal, 1/4 cup to half of 1% milk, 1/4 of a banana, 1/2 a piece of multigrain toast.  Snack - popcorn or nuts.  New Whey 42 gram protein drink, some water (hard time getting in 64 oz a day mostly 40 oz.).  Lunch normally a little chicken and maybe a bite or two of carrots or broccoli or another steamed veggie.  Another 1/2 cup of milk, 2-6 sf popcicles, 1-2 TBS of peanut butter for a snak.  Dinner is a duck shoot, sometimes a little chicken, sometimes a tablespoon of taco meat, a bite or two of pasta, a little more peanut butter, another New Whey protein drink. 
Dx E
on 7/3/08 1:00 pm - Northern, MS

Bob, That sounds pretty normal considering how short a time you’ve been back on actual food! Maybe try to sneak a little protein- (like a sip of New Whey Protein shots) -Into your water from time to time.

Hang in there, It does get easier.

Best Wishes- Dx

Bob L.
on 7/3/08 3:29 pm - Clarksville, TN
Bob this won't help your present question, but you might want to take your calcium separate from your vitamins they will fight for absorption. Good Luck Bob

(deactivated member)
on 7/3/08 11:43 pm
sjbob
on 7/4/08 12:27 am - Willingboro, NJ
Since we're usually warned not to have late night snacks because they tend to add weight, you may want to see about having an evening snack similar to your breakfast with fruit, 1/2 slice of whole grain bread, and maybe a small container of low fat yogurt.  Maybe just adding a few snacks during the day to bring you up to 6 small meals instead of 3 tiny meals will help with weight and strength.
Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 34 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 34 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 60 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 80 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 93 views