Happy 4th of July Weigh In

Don 1962
on 6/29/14 12:23 am

Last week:  176.0

This week:  174.6

Hard work and clean living pays off!  

I'll confess to not much walking this week.  Life got in the way.  Substituted yard work yesterday for exercise.  Recent rains had made the grass/weeds sprout up big time.  Legs now have a nice light pink color to them and warm to the touch.  Will walk today to get the soreness out and I have three days of training to go to in Mesquite (SE corner of Metroplex) next week that will interfere again.

Have a Happy 4th of July!  Remember to let go of the firecracker before it goes off in your hand!

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

cabin111
on 6/29/14 5:04 am, edited 6/29/14 5:04 am

Last week 200.2, today 197.  Not really exercising that hard.  Just checking (watching) calories and doing hard physical work (see mid week post).  I have a goal weight between 187 to 190.  Need to step up the exercise and cut the simple carbs...curse you sugar!!  Starting to get the loose skin...Which I don't mind.  Still need to build up the muscle groups in the core area...Flabby belly.  Brian

billmacc7
on 6/29/14 11:52 am - MA

The Numbers:
346: All time high 7/1/10 - BMI = 52
326: Tufts Medical Center, Surgery 12/27/10 BMI=49
202: Weigh In 5/15/14

204: This  6/29/14 -->4 lb loss BMI=30

150 Total Weight Loss

Been MIA for last few weeks. Life getting busy w/ end of school year and transition to summer job as Summer Camp Director.  As such, my eating, water intake, and exercise have been in a word a mess. Had been feeling down and just STRUGGLING overall. However, past 2 days began the following: Journaling my food intake, focusing on getting in lots of water, and exercising. Trying not to focus on the number on the scale but how I feel physically and mentally. By doing the aforementioned I feel much better. Maintenance is not just a job, it is an adventure!!   Have a happy healthy week!  

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

Qajohn
on 6/29/14 10:00 pm - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

337.6:  High weight Dec '13

311.3:  Surgery day 1/16/14

228.0:  Last week

225.4: CW (minus 2.6)

180.0: Goal weight

Sorry I missed the weigh in yesterday, my wife and I took a quick trip to Duluth this past weekend. I think they missed the memo that summer is here. It was cold and foggy every day, except for Sunday as we were leaving of course. 

Last week had some ups and downs. I was at this weght on Thursday, cruising to an excellent week, before heading to Duluth. I was able to workout 5 of 7 days, and was able to pretty much get all my vitamins and calcium in. I got side tracked a little up north, but stayed at 225.4# as of this morning. I can't complain though, we had a nice time and I had some food that I would normally not eat. I'm hopeful that now I am set up for a good week with no upcoming travel, meals planned and lots of time to get good workouts in.

Good job last week @Don1962 and @cabin111. Welcome back @billmac7.

I hope everyone has a great week again, and be safe with the upcoming holiday. 

Mike R.
on 6/30/14 9:23 am - Warner Robins, GA

I’m so blessed and thankful to live in this country.  We sometimes take for granted the awesome life that we have because our founding fathers risked their very lives in signing a document to declare our independence 238 years ago.  Then they were willing to die in war to secure our freedom from tyranny.  Much blood and treasure has been forfeited since then to continue our way of life.  Let’s reflect and pay homage to that sacrifice this Friday!

@Don, it (hard work & clean livin’) sure does pay off!

@Brian, loose skin is a badge of honor; wear it proudly!

@Bill Mac, adventure as like being in the Army?

@John, great job!

My stats this week:

High weight:  392.0 lbs
Pre-op Weight 4 Aug 09:  377.5 lbs
      1st Surgiversary:  241.0 lbs
      2nd Surgiversary:  212.5 lbs
      3rd Surgiversary:  217.0 lbs
      4th Surgiversary:  214.0 lbs
             Last week:  222.6 lbs / 21.0% body fat / 167.2 lbs muscle mass
             This week:  222.6 lbs / 19.9% body fat / 169.6 lbs muscle mass

This week I’m status quo overall but have increased muscle mass by 2.4 lbs.  I made it to the gym on 5 days (3 days cardio & 2 days Physioslow strength).  I did well mindfully eating.  I’m off work on a staycation this week.  Hope to get some home projects completed.  The family plans to attend the local July 4th concert and fireworks.  Following the event, I’m participating in my first 5K Glo Run at midnight.

Be safe & have a great July 4th week gentlemen!

-Mike

HW: 392 lbs SW: 377.5 lbs
          CW: 215 lbs GW: 190 lbs

Don 1962
on 6/30/14 11:45 pm

Mike,

Not to sound like too much of a "nattering nabobs of negativism" but I'm little worried about this country making it another 238 years the way we keep giving away the store.

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Mike R.
on 7/1/14 2:02 am, edited 7/1/14 2:04 am - Warner Robins, GA

Don, it's certainly easy to have a negative outlook on our future with all of the chaos that is reported constantly on cable news channels and internet.  Each previous generation since the founding fathers has predicted that this country is “going to hell in a handbasket” because the current generation is screwing it up.  I believe that the strength of this country is the resilience that we possess in spite of all the “wrong”.  We have teetered on the edge of the precipice several times in our history but have managed to pull back and make the right decisions to recover.  It won't be easy.  It won't be quick.  We just need some leaders willing to tell it like it is and who can convince the American people on EVERY rung of the socioeconomic ladder that the sacrifice is needed for our nation to repair, rebuild, and thrive once again.

HW: 392 lbs SW: 377.5 lbs
          CW: 215 lbs GW: 190 lbs

Don 1962
on 7/1/14 9:23 am

You're right that it won't be easy or quick.  Leaders who will "tell it like it is" are few and far between too.  I hope I'm wrong but I think the country we are leaving to our grandchildren is a far, far cry from the one we inherited.

Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 26 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 26 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 61 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 84 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 94 views