Law enforcement

townman750
on 10/30/14 2:47 am

Any Law Enforcement officer have the VSG? Looking for recovery time.

Don 1962
on 10/30/14 7:55 am

Not a VSG but an RNY.  Should be okay after two-three weeks.  Maybe little longer depending on your assignment.  Certainly don't want to take a bunch to the new gizzard too soon after surgery. 

Who supplies your duty rig?  I paid for my own and when I took the "fat boy" rigs, XL's, XXL's, to local gun store to sell them the proprietor did not recognize me!  I had been in his store many times in the 15 years before.  Come to find out his wife and I had the same surgeon in Dallas.  Been in the same rig now for four years.  Really puts a zap on my head that I've worn the same size 5-1-1 for the same four years!  Oh, with the weight off a vest is a hell of a lot more tolerable!

This was at a year out and I think the pants were 52's or 54's.

townman750
on 10/30/14 8:06 am

Thanks for getting back to me. I am in patrol so it might be a few weeks. My Chief and Lt are on board with me getting it. So i am sure something might be worked out. The department gives us all of our stuff. 

Don 1962
on 10/30/14 8:37 am

Good that your Chief and Lt. are on board.  My current Chief knew me when I was working in a different place as a fat man.  I have to use him as a witness to my former status if anybody doesn't believe me.  FYI:  331 at heaviest and have been holding around 170-175 for 4-5 years.  As a former "client" put it one night at a local eatery I had lost my "intimidation factor" losing weight.  Don't think so. 

FYI you'll need to learn to always keep water etc with you.  Getting dehydrated is a *****  Learning where and what you can eat on duty will be tricky too.  It's all trial and error oh and sorry but no more doughnuts!

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 30 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 30 views
St. Patty's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 63 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 88 views