I'm so Hungry...

Bill Barrow
on 11/18/14 4:51 am
VSG on 12/01/14

My surgery date is Dec. 1st and I started my pre-op diet yesterday. The two protein shakes and the small meal for supper is not enough to stop my stomach from rumbling...I have been drinking a lot of water but that doesn't seem to help ... I eat some sugar free jello and that helps for a little while. anybody have any ideas and information..

SUMO96
on 11/18/14 5:34 am - Dorado, Puerto Rico

Keep at it!! You will be fine.  The first three days are the worst.  After that you will barely feel hungry with the shakes and the meal.  I did use yogurt beverages for snacks and filled me up.

Bill Barrow
on 11/18/14 6:04 am
VSG on 12/01/14

Thanks, I have some Yogurt so I'll try that.... 

oneuppr1
on 11/19/14 8:22 am

add some benifiber to your water. fiber fills you up, helped me anyway

Bill Barrow
on 11/19/14 8:59 am
VSG on 12/01/14

Thanks, I went to a support group meeting this morning and the Dietician said I could have two saltines and a little peanut butter or two pieces of apple with some peanut butter for a in between snack. 

Han Shot First
on 11/20/14 12:34 am - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

After doing the pre-op diet for a week which was the same as yours, I had a 48 hour clear liquid diet right before surgery.  Now THAT was hard, and I'm glad it was no more than two days.

December 1st will be here before you know it!

--

150 lost and maintaining!

Bill Barrow
on 11/21/14 3:35 am
VSG on 12/01/14

Did you get headaches? I found a article that had "10 things  that cause headaches" and I'm doing about 8 of them ... I have had a bad headache since I got up this morning, I took tylenol but still here. I hope it goes away soon   ... thanks 

Han Shot First
on 11/21/14 4:08 am - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Maybe a little, but not too bad.  I was just overall really irritable.  Fortunately for me, I quit caffeine a little more than a month before.  I was bad with my diet mountain dew and coke zero.  I was probably averaging at least six cans a day.  We were camping, and all we had was water.  After being there for a day, I had the worst headache ever, and I was just completely exhausted.    After that first day, it finally dawned on me:  I hadn't had any caffeine in over 24 hours!  I figured since I already had the first day done, I'd just keep it going.  If you are trying to kick caffeine at the same time as the pre-op diet, there's nothing that'll help that headache!  

The good thing for me is that pre-op, the only thing that would ever take away my headaches was motrin.  Tylenol would do nothing.  Now, tylenol does the job.  So I'm really grateful for that.

--

150 lost and maintaining!

Bill Barrow
on 11/21/14 9:06 am
VSG on 12/01/14

Thanks, after I read the surgeon's instructions again and it said to stop NSAIDS ETC... one week be fore surgery so I have till Monday So I took 2 Ibuprofens and a Hot Shower and It's getting Better.  Some of the TEN things were Caffeine, Sugar, and a bunch of other stuff , I have been doing without the last couple of weeks. and after reading the posts on this great board it has really helped me to know what is going on with my body, thru this process. and it helps to ease my mind to know that this to shall pass... 

TomN
on 11/22/14 9:24 am
RNY on 12/27/12 with

Brings back memories for me... My three day clear liquid days were Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and day after Christmas...to hell and back but worth every second of discomfort for what I have been able to do since...stay focused on you and where you are headed and the aches and pains of the next week or so will make you chuckle down the road!  You got this...

Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 27 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 27 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 63 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 85 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 95 views