Having Surgery On Monday...Any last Minute Tips....

Bill Barrow
on 11/29/14 2:51 pm
VSG on 12/01/14

Howdy,  I'm supposed to be at the hospital at 8:45 Monday morning for a VSG. I think I am as ready as I can Be ...I have my bag packed with the things I think I might need.If any of you have any Last Minute tips you could share with me, I believe It would Help me get through this last day. ... It's been almost a year and I did't think this day would ever get here. I am thankful to all the people that has gone thru this before me and shared their experience. I am ready to wake up and begin the real journey.  

Don 1962
on 11/29/14 11:40 pm

Good Luck Monday and hang on for one hell of a ride!

SUMO96
on 11/30/14 2:04 am - Dorado, Puerto Rico

Good luck and don't worry.  Everything will come out a lot better than you think.  Also, you will feel a lot worst than you think.  Get up as soon as you can.  The most relevant tips I got came from Don.  "Walk, walk, sip, sip and never ever trust a fart!" These will all be very important the first week post op.

RNY 11/7/2014. Pereira, Colombia  HW 375lbs

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Bill Barrow
on 11/30/14 7:46 am
VSG on 12/01/14

Thanks Sumo , that made me Laugh ....

SUMO96
on 11/30/14 9:31 pm - Dorado, Puerto Rico

It made me laugh too when Don told me.  Then, after surgery I laughed even more when I "trusted" one...

Best of luck,

RNY 11/7/2014. Pereira, Colombia  HW 375lbs

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Bill Barrow
on 12/2/14 9:46 am
VSG on 12/01/14

I'm back home and doing well, The pain medicine I got at the hospital is wearing off and I am getting sore but nothing unexpected , Been taking the Hydrocodone - Tylenol every 6 hours to stay on top of it. I'm sore in weird places like my left wrist and arm  is sore for some reason and my wife which is an R.N said " don't you know that they had you up and doing the hula dance while you were under anesthesia"  I told her they must have done something like that to me.cuz it's hurts  weird ... 

I had 30 cc of broth, 30 cc of jello and a sugar free ice pop for supper.  I stay on this diet for four days then move on to full.

Thanks 

Bill Barrow
on 12/5/14 2:15 pm
VSG on 12/01/14

Hello, Today for supper I had about 4 oz of cream of chicken soup , a slushy frozen pop and about 30 cc of SF jello and had no issues... I am doing the pre-op diet modified, protean shake for breakfast and lunch and cream of chicken soup for supper.. and lots of water and SF liquids in between... I have had no issues or problems.  

Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 28 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 28 views
St. Patty's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 62 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 87 views