Qajohn
on 1/10/15 9:47 pm - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

337.6:  High weight Dec '13

311.3:  Surgery day 1/16/14

194.2:  Last Weigh in

192.2: CW

180.0: Goal weight

Must be clean livin last week. I really was not expecting to lose at all. They say variety is the spice of life, and I have been living that. Some days I workout hard, others not so much. Some days, I have a laser focus on my eating, others not so much. I've been paying for that at the scale. I know what I need to do to keep losing. I know what I need to do to keep the weight off. The trick is doing it.

After screaming at my TV last weekend during the Lions game, I cant seem to get in the football mood this weekend. With the teams that are left, I think that I'll have to get behind Indianapolis. I'm looking forward to the College Football Championship game tomorrow. Although the Bowl season felt weird, I think I like the new format. 

This week we've had some new posters to this forum, welcome to all of you. Please feel free to stop by, ask questions and participate as you feel comfortable. We look forward to hearing more from you. I've found the guys on this forum to be open, honest and caring. Its a great place for non-judgemental support, but be ready for the honesty.

Have a great week everyone. 

Don 1962
on 1/10/15 10:51 pm, edited 1/11/15 5:13 am

Having not many chances to use my cowbell watching the Sugar Bowl I found out it works just as good with Cowboy games.  Since it is black a M-State sticker for one side of it and a Cowboys sticker for the other side and it would look good. 

Today is "hurry up and wait" day for Seahawk and Patriot fans.  Two very good teams with home field advantage next week.  However today is about today!  GO COWBOYS!!

As to the Collegiate Championship tomorrow night my money says that the winning school's name will start with the letter "O".

Issues from last week were resolving themselves as the week went along.  Still not done with them but working on them.  May be able to get my head out my ass far enough to get something done at work this week after missing half of last week chasing doctors and blood work.

Last week:  177.0

This week:  175.6

Well ****! (Edited to add AFTER the Cowboys lost)

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Qajohn
on 1/11/15 1:44 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

UGHHH

Han Shot First
on 1/10/15 11:41 pm - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Hey guys!

High Weight: 380

Starting Weight: 350

Last Week: 268

Current Weight: 262

Nice big drop this week!  After being off of work for over two weeks, and really upping my gym time during the break, I was kind of worried to see if I'd be able to maintain it this week.  I couldn't go on Monday, but I was there Tuesday-Saturday, and did my full time each day!  I'll be heading there today when they open at noon, but because of various meetings, I won't be able to go Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday this week.  12 hour days suck!  But I'll make sure I hit every other day this week.

Is there any way the Packers and Cowboys could both lose this week?  (Sorry Don!).  I'll be watching the game while I'm on the treadmill today.  I think I'll be rooting for the Pats the rest of the way, because I'd really like to see Brady get another ring.  

I'm really torn on the NCG this week.  On one hand, it'd be nice to have a Big Ten team win the championship and reduce the heavy criticism on the league.  On the other hand, it would be Urban Meyer and Ohio.  But I'd like to see Oregon win their first national championship.  They've been an elite team for a number of years now, and they'd really deserve it.  

Have a great week everyone!

--

150 lost and maintaining!

Qajohn
on 1/11/15 1:45 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

Great Job!!

I'm with you on Ohio State. I've always maintained my two favorite college teams are Michigan, and anyone who plays Ohio State. 

Han Shot First
on 1/11/15 7:37 am - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

I agree with that!  Last week was tough, because I reeeeealy don't like Alabama

--

150 lost and maintaining!

SUMO96
on 1/11/15 1:54 am - Dorado, Puerto Rico

12/14.        12/21.        12/28             This Week

Weight:     315.3lbs      309.8lbs.    304.4lbs.          301lbs

Fat %          47.1%.       46.3%.       44.9%.            43.8%

Water %.     25.7%        26.9%.       28.4%             29.1%

Muscle%      31.9%.       31.7%         32%.              32.5%

frustrating couple of weeks on the lbs side as I wanted to be under 300lbs by New Years, but my body had other plans.  Sticking to the meal plans and started weight training.  Also, started this week back playing soccer. (Goalkeeper of course). It shows as my fat % is down, muscle up and retaining some water.  Feeling really full of energy during play although every single muscle in my body hurts.

best regards and happy New Years to all!!

PS. To all LE and FR heroes please stay safe and always ready.  What happened in Paris can extend to the US again.

freedom is never free and there is always people wanting to supress free speech, though, and actions because of their own mental slavery.

RNY 11/7/2014. Pereira, Colombia  HW 375lbs

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Don 1962
on 1/11/15 2:53 am

PS. To all LE and FR heroes please stay safe and always ready.  What happened in Paris can extend to the US again.

You prepare for the worse but expect the best.

Mike R.
on 1/11/15 8:14 am - Warner Robins, GA

@John, I’ve run cold on football as well.  Should be interesting tomorrow night with me being in Dayton this week.  I’m sure I’ll see a lot of red and white.

@Don, hope things resolve soon in your favor.

@wcdaniels, good job – keep it up!

@SUMO96, you’re almost there!  Consistent progress is the goal.

My stats this week:

High weight:  392.0 lbs
Pre-op Weight 4 Aug 09:  377.5 lbs
      1st Surgiversary:  241.0 lbs
      2nd Surgiversary:  212.5 lbs
      3rd Surgiversary:  217.0 lbs
      4th Surgiversary:  214.0 lbs
      5th Surgiversary:  223.0 lbs
             Last week:  224.2 lbs / 21.9% body fat / 166.6 lbs muscle mass
             This week:  223.0 lbs / 22.8% body fat / 163.6 lbs muscle mass

Over the past week I’m down 1.2 lbs overall and down 3.0 lbs muscle mass.  I made it to the gym on 5 days this past week and did ok mindfully eating.  I’m not sure why the loss in muscle mass but my body water % was down some which may be an indicator.  I’ll try to increase my water intake this week and see if that helps.

I’m on the road again this week to Dayton.  I’m not enthused that the forecast is calling for a 70% chance of snow/sleet/freezing rain tomorrow in Dayton followed by frigid temps.  I’ll definitely be getting my exercise indoors this week!

Be safe & have a great week gentlemen!

-Mike

HW: 392 lbs SW: 377.5 lbs
          CW: 215 lbs GW: 190 lbs

Qajohn
on 1/11/15 8:39 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

@Mike,

I'm planning to get a body composition scale like yours in the spring. As I read up on them, it seems that the results can vary considerably based on when you take your measurements and how well hydrated you are. I'm assuming you take all that into consideration, but I'm curious to know if you've ever checked the accuracy of your scale against a more precise measurement? I am considering going to the sport clinic at the University of Minnesota, they will do a BMR, VO2 and body composition for about $225. I was going to use that data to check against the scale (when I get it). 

I'm headed to Tampa this week (Tues-Fri), and the weather looks pretty nice. It will sure as heck beat this cold weather in Minnesota. I'm hopeful to at least get some walking in, and possibly a visit to teh local LA Fitness for some lifting. 

Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 35 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 35 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 61 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 81 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 94 views