on 1/17/15 9:24 pm - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

Cardio

337.6:  High weight Dec '13

311.3:  Surgery day 1/16/14

192.2:  Last Weigh in

193.6: CW

180.0: Goal weight

I suppose what goes down, goes back up sometimes. I'll admit it was a tough week for me. I didn't workout as much as I normally do, and carbs got out of control. About the only thing that went right was my vitamins.

This week, my DW is trying to cut her carb habit, so we agreed to severly cut carbs for two weeks. Yesterday was day 1. It actually went pretty well, but looking at the macro's pie chart on Myfitnesspal is very scary. Anyway, I'm hopeful that full blown ketosis will jump start the weight loss. 

Working out this week will be tough as well. I'm headed to the gym after I'm done writing this, and I can get there a few more days, but I'll be in Beaumont Tx most of the week,and the hotel gym there is substandard with no LA fitness facilities in sight. I'll do my best. Lastly, I'll be with my boss so I can be fairly certain that I'll be eating Indian food at least once, Pappadeaux at least once and Mexican food at least once. Again, I'll do my best. 

Its been great seeing all the activity on the Men's board this week. Whether you are new to the board, or coming back after being away for a while, welcome. The more people who contribute the more support we all have.

Have a great week everyone. 

Han Shot First
on 1/17/15 10:26 pm - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

High Weight: 380

Starting Weight: 350

Last Week: 262

Current Weight: 260

I'm happy with how this week went.  This was the week of meetings, with 3 12 hour days, so I only got to the gym on Wed, Fri, and Sat.  Thankfully, this week gets back to normal, and there is only potentially one day that I won't be able to go.  I'll be going today after taking the daughter to the circus, then should be there every day other than Tuesday (maybe).

I started doing HIIT on the elliptical this week, and I really like it.  Or, I should say, I like it when it's all over.  It's definitely hard, but I like doing 20 minutes instead of 50.  I hope I keep getting results.

My brother called me yesterday and asked me if I wanted to go to the Red Wings game tonight!  He got tickets through work, and we'll be 9th row, and they even included VIP parking.  Sweet!  I haven't been to a Wings game in a few years, and this could be my last time going before they move out of the Joe.  Although it will definitely be weird sitting in the Joe and not having a few Molson's and hot dogs.  

I love football, and I think a major reason is that you only have to watch one game a week to follow your team.  Hockey, Basketball and especially Baseball have too many games for me to actually watch them all.  Especially with west coast trips and late night starts.  I read the recaps, and stay pretty familiar with them through the season, but I don't really watch until it gets to the playoff push, and the Detroit teams have a chance.  This happens pretty regularly with the Wings and Tigers, not so much with the Pistons.  But I'm always there for the Lions.  Even during the winless season.

I agree with John that the activity on this board has been nice this week.  I appreciate the feedback and perspectives from you guys, since things tend to go differently for us than the ladies.  

Keep working hard guys!

--

150 lost and maintaining!

Qajohn
on 1/18/15 2:18 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

Have fun at the Red Wings game. Except for when I was at Michigan Tech for college, I really have not been a hocky fan. I suppose I'm a fair weather fan since I do watch the Red Wings a little if they make it to the playoffs. 

Great job on the progress too. You've lost a crap ton of weight already. Just keep it going!!

Han Shot First
on 1/20/15 2:17 am - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

It was a great game to go to.  We fell behind 3-0 in the first 10 minutes, and came back to win 6-4.  All but one of the goals were scored in our end, so we got to see a ton of action.  

Even better:  I fit in the seat!  And it was actually comfortable to sit the whole time.  I also got an autograph and picture from Red Wings legend and Hall of Famer Ted Lindsay.  It was a pretty great night.

--

150 lost and maintaining!

billmacc7
on 1/17/15 10:36 pm - MA

The Numbers:
346: All time high 7/1/10 - BMI = 52
326: Tufts Medical Center, Surgery 12/27/10 BMI=49

211: 1/11/15-->0 lb gain BMI=30

214: 1/18/15---3 lb Gain  BMI=30

137 Total Weight Loss

Overall, not surprised that I am up AGAIN. My Father in Law was very sick and he died on Tuesday. He was a wonderful guy, a real great husband, father and grandfather. I did not handle it well emotionally and ate through my pain...sad on many levels. Further, only was able to work out a couple times. HOWEVER, today is a new day. I am going to go back to basics of logging food, water intake, vitamins and exercise.  Maintenance is a *****!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

As I commented, tough Week of exercise. Still, did do some exercise which is better than none.

Vitamins and Water are good overall.

Have a great week!

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

Don 1962
on 1/17/15 10:42 pm

Condolences on your loss.

billmacc7
on 1/18/15 9:53 pm - MA

thanks don

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

NateH
on 1/18/15 12:00 am, edited 1/18/15 12:00 am
VSG on 09/26/14

I'm very sorry for your loss. You have a great plan at getting back to basics. I'm sure this is a hard time, but try to keep your health up as best you can. My thoughts to you and your family on your loss. 

HW: 450
SW: 428 9/26/14
Reached 'normal' BMI (24.9) with a weight of 199.9: 2/5/2016

billmacc7
on 1/18/15 9:53 pm - MA

thanks for the kind words and encouragement

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

Qajohn
on 1/18/15 2:19 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

Bill, condolences on your loss for sure. Just take it one day at a time.

Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 26 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 26 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 60 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 83 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 94 views