on 1/24/15 9:16 pm - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

Success

337.6:  High weight Dec '13

311.3:  Surgery day 1/16/14

193.6:  Last Weigh in

190.6: CW

180.0: Goal weight

Well, the experiment was a success it seems. I dropped my carbs pretty low, and my calorie intake went right down with it. I don't think I've posted a 3# weight loss since last spring. Anyway, DW says she can't sustain the low carb diet, and without her participating I think it would be especially tough for me. So I'll go back to calories, but I think I am going to adjust my carb limit down a bit. 

Travel last week went pretty well with regards to food. The hotel gym didn't open early enough for me, so my workouts were pretty much nill. This week, I am gone all week in Michigan. I leave this afternoon and wont get home until superbowl halftime. The trip this week is part business and part personal. I get to meet my new grandson for the first time. 

Since I'll be gone on Super Bowl Sunday, looking for someone else to get this party started.

John

Don 1962
on 1/24/15 10:16 pm

Last week:  175.0

This week:  172.6

Don't know if it is stress related or having some of my meds tweaked but I have been not eating like I normally would.  Still doing three meals a day with some snacking just not the same quantity.  Nothing is riding right on the pouch making me back off.  Like a series of "small" pouch days.  Exercise has been doing well though.  Last half dozen times or so on the treadmill have been four miles so good there.

Enjoy the trip to Michigan and seeing the new grandson.  If nobody has the thread up by 9:00-10:00 EST next Sunday I'll take care of it.

Han Shot First
on 1/24/15 11:18 pm - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

High Weight: 380

Starting Weight: 350

Last Week: 260

Current Weight: 256.6

Good week for me.  I had a couple more long days on Tuesday and Wednesday, so I couldn't get to the gym those days, but I still made it Mon, Thurs, Fri, Sat, and I'll be going again today when it opens.  

This week, I'm out of town for a couple of days for work, so I'll be relying on the hotel gym while I'm there.  I'm driving, so I don't have to worry about luggage weight, so I'm actually thinking about packing dumbbells to make sure I get some weights in, along with the cardio.  The lunch choices they're providing actually aren't too bad, but I have no idea what they're going to have for breakfast.  I'll be packing quest bars, just in case.  Dinner is on our own, but we will be reimbursed, so that's nice.  Overall it shouldn't be too bad staying on track with eating.  Besides the days in the hotel, Tuesday is by daughter's 6th birthday, so that will be a fun and busy day.  

John, that is very cool about your trip.  Have fun!

--

Bill

--

150 lost and maintaining!

NateH
on 1/25/15 1:38 am
VSG on 09/26/14

LW: 343.2
TW: 338.8

Week Loss: 4.4

Post-Surgery 9/26/2014 Loss: 89.2
Total Loss: 111.2

A pretty good week. I had some challenges working out earlier this week - extra long hours at work and just not feeling well. I picked it up later  in the week and was able to turn things around. I'll take 4.4! The past two days I've felt like I wanted to snack more, so I need to be careful. I  haven't done anything wrong, but 2 almonds here and then 4 more there. I think I had 15-16 before I realized what I was doing every time I walked by the kitchen. 

Hopeful this week is a good one, work is extremely busy so I need to be really on point in bringing lunches and water, etc. I'm always prepared but with a crazy schedule I don't want to make any bad decisions (there's always candy and donuts there and I've never been tempted, just trying to make sure things stay that way!). 

Have a great week everyone! 

HW: 450
SW: 428 9/26/14
Reached 'normal' BMI (24.9) with a weight of 199.9: 2/5/2016

Mike R.
on 1/25/15 6:13 am - Warner Robins, GA

@John, it sure is reassuring when the program works!

@Don, hope you get to feeling better soon.

@Bill, nice job, keep it up!

@NateH, excellent progress & good plan!

My stats this week:

High weight:  392.0 lbs
Pre-op Weight 4 Aug 09:  377.5 lbs
      1st Surgiversary:  241.0 lbs
      2nd Surgiversary:  212.5 lbs
      3rd Surgiversary:  217.0 lbs
      4th Surgiversary:  214.0 lbs
      5th Surgiversary:  223.0 lbs
             Last week:  226.2 lbs / 21.7% body fat / 168.4 lbs muscle mass
             This week:  225.4 lbs / 23.3% body fat / 164.2 lbs muscle mass

Over the past week I’m down 0.8 lbs overall but down 4.2 lbs muscle mass.  I made it to the gym on 4 days this past week for both cardio and strength training.  I did ok mindfully eating but need to improve my water and protein intake.  My body water % is down 2% and muscle mass is down 2.5%.  I’ve got to up my water and protein intake this week which should help my muscle mass to rebound.

Beautiful weather in middle Georgia is in store for this week.  I understand a northeaster is headed up the eastern seaboard this week.  Y’all batten down the hatches in New England!

Be safe & have a great week gentlemen!

-Mike

HW: 392 lbs SW: 377.5 lbs
          CW: 215 lbs GW: 190 lbs

billmacc7
on 1/25/15 9:29 am - MA

The Numbers:
346: All time high 7/1/10 - BMI = 52
326: Tufts Medical Center, Surgery 12/27/10 BMI=49

214: 1/18/15-->0 lb gain BMI=30

211: 1/25/15---3 lb Loss BMI=30

135 Total Weight Loss

Glad to see the number on the scale go South!! I did a better job eating and exercising this week so as noted above always good to know the tool still works when I use it along with other tools such as exercise and water consumption! 

As I commented, good week of exercise. In fact, last Sunday went on a long run in preparation for a 1/2 Marathon I am doing in March and did 11 miles!! Still amazes me that I can call myself a runner as I NEVER would have thought I would be one...

Vitamins and Water are good overall which are important to the whole program as well so need to stay consistent with them.

Finally, thanks for all the kind posts about the passing of my Father in Law. The services were a challenge but my family leaned on each other to pull through it...

Lastly, I hope it is ok I am going to be doing a fundraiser at my local Y. It is a Spinathon to raise money for Y programs.  Here is the link IF you wanted to donate...https://www.classy.org/fundraise?fcid=397168

Have a great week!

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

billmacc7
on 1/25/15 9:30 am - MA
SUMO96
on 1/25/15 9:45 am - Dorado, Puerto Rico

High weight 375lbs

Last week 294.8lbs

this week 290.4lbs

back to loosing 4-5lbs per week.  Feels good!!   Weighed in yesterday before leaving for China and have just arrived to the hotel.   Looooooong Flight!!!! Hurray for Xanax.   But, guess what??  No seat extender for me!!!  Woot!  Woot!  It really felt good, also was very comfortable while eating and working on the computer.  I guess 85lbs of fat can get in the way while in cramped spaces.

will let you know how my meals go while here.

best regards,

RNY 11/7/2014. Pereira, Colombia  HW 375lbs

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 20 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 20 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 54 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In