Well....Tuesday is my day....

Jack Allen
on 2/5/15 9:38 pm - Leesburg, VA

This Tuesday is my day.  4 years ago I had the labpband put in and I can't wait for it to come out (human torchure device) and looking forward to the new sleeve.  I know the first couple of weeks will be really hard but I really cant wait to start full exercise again. Hopefully a month from now I can start running and lifting weights again.

My highest weight was 360 and got down to the 290's with the lapband. I ran 2 half marathons at this weight. I'm currently 335 and started this time at 341.  So down a few lbs. I start my pre-s 3 day liquid diet tomorrow, so last dinner out with the family tonight. I hope to still exercise while doing the 3 day liquid diet just to shed some extra lbs, but we'll see how it goes.  By Monday I might be just a low energy lump of fat.

Surgery is noon on Tuesday, last time with the lapband I was walking the same day.  My hospital routine was sleep, pee, walk, every 3 hours or so. So I hope I can do that this time.

I'm getting a larger than normal sleeve.  The bougie will be a 40 and the stapleline will be loose to it. I've been told it will be the size of a highlighter. I wanted to do this because Im 6'6" tall and with my exercise I need lots of water.  I currently drink 96 oz of water a day, so I hope this allows me to get all my water a little easier.

Well wish me luck. I will check in when I can.

47 yrs old (feel 25) 6'6" tall, 1/10/2015 = 340,  highest weight = 360, VSG scheduled 2/11/2015

Qajohn
on 2/6/15 3:48 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

First of all, welcome to our little slice of the internet!! Congratulations on being so close to your surgery date. You're pretty fortunate that the liquid diet is only three days for you. Mine was three weeks!!

Best of luck with your surgery. As you've said, the most important thing you can do is stay hydrated and walk. Before you know it, you'll be blowing us away with your success. Please check back with your progress, and if you're up to it, we generally have a little accountability time on Sundays. 

I can't speak to the sleeve becasue I had a bypass, but I can tell you that even with my small pouch I can make a 20oz water disappear in about 20 min. I don't gulp like I used to, but I've learned how to be a pretty efficient sipper. I generally drink 10 - 15 cups of water a day. There's no doubt you'll get your water in. 

Han Shot First
on 2/7/15 2:26 am - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Congrats!  I had RNY also, but you'll definitely be walking the same day.  Those nurses will make you!  Your lapband routine sounds like my RNY one was.

--

150 lost and maintaining!

Don 1962
on 2/7/15 8:23 am

Good Luck on Tuesday!

Defibvt
on 2/11/15 5:28 am

Good luck Jack... I hope to hear about your successful second weight loss surgery.  I am scheduled for VSG on March 2... so am interested in how things go...  I am definitely excited and can't wait.  

IWANT2BEHEALTHY
on 2/14/15 1:36 am
VSG on 03/16/15

did you have it last Tuesday or upcoming tuesday since this is V day while I'm typing this. I hope all is well.

Jack Allen
on 2/14/15 2:51 am - Leesburg, VA

Its done i had it last tuesday. First 2 days were pretty hard but getting better. Feel very weak today but am getting my fluids in ok. 

47 yrs old (feel 25) 6'6" tall, 1/10/2015 = 340,  highest weight = 360, VSG scheduled 2/11/2015

IWANT2BEHEALTHY
on 2/14/15 3:37 am
VSG on 03/16/15

awesome, Congrats on your surgery. Im glad you are able to get your fluids in. Keep me posted  as I am the same age but im only  6'5. Im just a bit heavier. good luck 

Jack Allen
on 2/14/15 3:43 am - Leesburg, VA

will do keep in touch. just added you as a friend.

my vsg is slightly bigger than standard. Standard size uses a 36 bougie(tube that they use to create your sleeve) mine was a 40 and my dr cut my sleeve loose.  I requested this specifically so I wouldn't have a problem with water.  well for 2 days all I could have is popcicles, yesterday I was able to get some water in and today water is no problem.

Qajohn
on 2/14/15 4:03 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

Congratulations. Glad to hear you're doing well. You'll get your strength back soon, and then some. 

Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 26 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 26 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 61 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 84 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 94 views