Tests, tests, and more tests...

ChubbyHubby82
on 2/7/15 5:48 am
VSG on 07/06/15

Well, I am two months in and 4 more to go for my medically supervised diet. the first month I lost nearly 25 pounds just following the diet and walking some but not concentrating on exercise.

It feels like I have been to every doctor under the sun. Pulomonologist, pulmonary function test, cardiologist, stress test, ECG and tons of blood work. Pulmonologist said that my chest x-ray looked great and my lungs were clear, the function test showed my breathing was restricted slightly but since I am overweight that is to be expected, otherwise normal. my stress test looked good, the cardiologist said that there were indications on parts of my heart the side-effects from hypertension. Blood-flow and rhythm looked good. Both docs said there is no reason why I shouldn't have the surgery. The pulmonologist said that he was more worried about me having sleep apnea. 

Now, it is just the waiting and learning as much as I can on the life following surgery. 

Don 1962
on 2/7/15 8:22 am

Hoop jumping is a regal pain in the keister!  Hang in there.

ChubbyHubby82
on 2/8/15 7:38 am
VSG on 07/06/15

It is a pain but I have learned a lot about myself and how my body is working. 

IWANT2BEHEALTHY
on 2/14/15 10:17 pm
VSG on 03/16/15

Did you get a date for surgery? I see your making progress. just wondering since I am going through tests and tests and tests also. 

ChubbyHubby82
on 2/14/15 10:58 pm
VSG on 07/06/15

My surgeon's office does not set a date on the outset. They want you to get the tests done, start the medically supervised diet, they want to see if you can maintain and or lose some weight, and that you are fully committed to this. My 6 months on the diet is up in May. So, if all goes well I should be looking for a surgery date sometime over the summer. The tests are worth it...believe me.

Han Shot First
on 2/14/15 10:53 pm - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

That supervised diet is torture, when you've made the decision to get the surgery and get healthy, but you have to wait SO long.  At least everything is turning out well from your blood tests.  You're last line is right on the money.  No doubt you're going to rock this!

--

150 lost and maintaining!

ChubbyHubby82
on 2/14/15 11:04 pm
VSG on 07/06/15

My diet is not torture, in a way, I am teaching myself how to eat all over again. It's smaller meals with a small snack in between. When I say snack it is yogurt, veggies, or some nuts. I am also limiting my cards to 2 carbs per meal or 30 mg. 3 more months and I will be done with the diet. My cardiologist said that my heart looks good but he could see evidence of hypertension from the pictures that were taken of my heart. My pulmonologist was actually more concerned about sleep apnea but said that my lungs were clear and healthy. My breath support is a little restricted but that would be expected with someone who is over weight. In the end a lot of good things happening. 

IWANT2BEHEALTHY
on 2/14/15 11:24 pm
VSG on 03/16/15

Yea I see your snack thing...My snack used to be a half a hoagie or just something most people would consider a meal, lol. Is it ok if I add you as a friend so I can keep in-touch as we both go through this?

ChubbyHubby82
on 2/14/15 11:30 pm
VSG on 07/06/15

HAHAHAHA gee that sounds like me just a few short months ago. I didn't mean to say that I was done with the diet. I just don't want someone looking over my shoulder and at this point I need that accountability. I'm actually eating some Fage, pronounced fah-yeh!, right now. Stuff is so good!!! Absolutely add me, I need more people to talk with. 

Han Shot First
on 2/15/15 12:59 am - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Oh no, I agree the diet itself isnt torture. I meant the waiting for surgery is torture. 

--

150 lost and maintaining!

Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 35 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 35 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 61 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 81 views