Hospital Tests Say Heart and Liver Still Fine

NotDave (Howyadoin?)
on 2/26/15 1:50 pm - Japan

Hi Folks,

I had been posting about drinking 1/2 to 3/4 bottle of red pretty regularly for 4 years and about heart palpitations. The new cutting-edge elastography (fibroscan) for the liver shows no damage whatsoever, and all of the liver and kidney tests are in the normal to low range. The cardiologist suspects that palpitations and pain on the liver side have to do with dumping and nothing else. I don't even have any gallstones.

Still, proceed with caution. A lot of liver risks are hereditary, weight (heaviness) and gender-related. And he did advise me not to push my luck.

Thanks for all of the advice and support,

Dave

Qajohn
on 2/27/15 10:11 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

I have to ask this question, and please I mean no disrespect I',m just curious. Does there come a time after surgery that you are more tolerant of alcohol? I will have a sip of wine at dinner while traveling just so that I can participate with the group, but I know that if I drink more than about 1/2 glass, I'll be a babbling idiot. If I drank 1/2 - 3/4 a bottle, I think I would have an out of body experiance. 

NotDave (Howyadoin?)
on 2/27/15 10:16 am - Japan

I probably become an idiot too, but I got started because it helped me to sleep so well, so basically unless I'm really out to party or something I just go to sleep. I haven't noticed any substantial increase in tolerance, but it is sometimes hard to sleep without the wine.

Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 27 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 27 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 63 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 85 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 95 views