RNY on 01/16/14

patton

337.6:  High weight Dec '13

311.3:  Surgery day 1/16/14

191.8:  1st Surgiversary

191:  Last Weigh in

192.6: CW

180.0: Goal weight

I feel beat up this week. I've been noticing that the intensity, frequency and length of my workouts has been decreasing. I am turning that around and started this week. I needed to take Friday and Saturday off though, Its easy to get wrapped up in something and forget to take care of yourself. At my age, rest days are as important as workout days. Today, is a work day around the house, so that's my workout :)

I'm doing much better eating. I'm still struggling at time with nightime snacks, but again I'm doing better. Eating is something I am going to have to really stay on top of. 

This coming week, I am home again, so I'll be able to stay on top of my activity and eating pretty well. Starting next week, I will be traveling for almost 5 straight weeks. I need to have my poop together.

This time of year football fans have either declared their teams superbowl winners because of their draft picks, or are scratching their heads. For the first time in years, I feel like the Lions kept their wits about them and drafted good quality kids for  the long term. 

Have a great week all.

IWANT2BEHEALTHY
on 5/2/15 10:49 pm
VSG on 03/16/15

Last week =321

This week= 313

Weight day of surgery 3-16-15=362

Highest weight=427

I still can't believe I'm loosing this weight?  It's kinda weird,  I feel like my arms are getting twig like? I haven't started working out even though they cleared me to bike and walk longer. They held me at a 25lb restriction. Wtf. So in turn I haven't gotten clearance to go back to my job. Short term disability isn't gonna cut it much longer.  I got a new job offer that will put me closer to home and not lift as much coming in the fedex. At least that's what they tell me. How do you put notice to a job when out on disability without torching that bridge? 

John, 

Good luck on the major road trips. Please keep us posted how stuff goes.

The draft....I'm still wondering what chip Kelly is doing? We need a few more offensive lineman. At least a right guard.  

Ht:6'5 Start weight 427, surgery weight=362 current weight 238 goal weight unsure?

Don 1962
on 5/2/15 11:14 pm

Last week:  173.0

This week:  173.0

John 1 - how you "road warriors" handle the traveling - hats off.  I like my own bed too much.

John 2 - interesting predicament you have on your hands.

Cowboys got another "problem child".  Way to go Steven Jones. (Jerry's kid)

Mike R.
on 5/3/15 12:12 am - Warner Robins, GA

@John, in addition to recovery rest days make sure you’re getting enough protein.  Muscle recovery and ability to keep a robust exercise regime depend upon it.  Rule of thumb is 0.8 to 1.5 gm of protein for each kg of muscle mass.  The range is dependent on how active you are.  With workouts lasting 1 to 1.5 hrs burning 800-1100 kcal, I’m at the high range and should be getting about 113 gm protein per day.
113 gm protein = (165 lbs muscle / 2.2 lb/kg) * 1.5 gm/kg
I physically cannot eat that amount of meat so I had to start adding one scoop of whey protein (24 gm) per day to my coffee and water.

@Eric, great job!  Almost 6 years post-op I still have to remind myself that I’m not the size that I used to be.

@Don, they say all publicity is good as long as they spell your name right.  The Jones clan has their name in the papers way too much... for the wrong reasons.

My stats this week:

High weight:  392.0 lbs
Pre-op Weight 4 Aug 09:  377.5 lbs
      1st Surgiversary:  241.0 lbs
      2nd Surgiversary:  212.5 lbs
      3rd Surgiversary:  217.0 lbs
      4th Surgiversary:  214.0 lbs
      5th Surgiversary:  223.0 lbs
             Last week:  223.8 lbs / 22.1% body fat / 166.0 lbs muscle mass
             This week:  222.4 lbs / 21.7% body fat / 165.6 lbs muscle mass

I’m down 1.4 lbs overall this week but also down 0.4 lbs muscle mass.  I made it to the gym 5 days this past week for cardio and strength training.  I did ok mindfully eating.  Protein was good bu****er was only marginally better.  I’ll have to refocus on my H2O intake this week with the temps getting in the upper 80s in middle Georgia.

Looks like Quinn has got some good talent in the draft for the Falcons.  Hopefully, he can rebuild and reenergize the team.

Be safe & have a great week gentlemen!

-Mike

HW: 392 lbs SW: 377.5 lbs
          CW: 215 lbs GW: 190 lbs

Don 1962
on 5/3/15 3:34 am

You hit the nail on the head regarding the Jones! 

billmacc7
on 5/3/15 2:24 am - MA

The Numbers:

346: All time high 7/1/10 - BMI = 52

326: Tufts Medical Center, Surgery 12/27/10 BMI=49

208: 4/26/15-->0 lb gain BMI=30

208: 5/3/15---0 lb loss Body Fat=22%

140 Total Weight Loss

Eating:  Typical week...some good meals/days eating, some could have been better. Struggling with munchies at night so have been eating sunflower seeds to try to keep myself in indulging in other snacks!

Vitamins: Taking all required vitamins to include Multi vitamins, Iron, B12, and Calcium

Water: Getting better..but still need to improve!

Exercise: Pretty good week, worked out 6/7 days...excited as I  picked up a new bike, little pricey at $800 but it rides AMAZING!

Have a great week

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

Han Shot First
on 5/3/15 2:46 am - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

High Weight: 380

Starting Weight: 350

Last Week: 218.7

Current Weight: 218.7

After this week, I'll happily take the same weight!  For really the first time since surgery, I was off plan this week.  My 40th birthday was Tuesday, so we went out to eat, and I ate too much and some of the wrong stuff.  But most of it was actually okay.  We went to this place called Saganos, which is a Japanese restaurant.  They do the cooking right in front of you, and it's always entertaining, and the food is amazing.  I ate mostly the chicken, shrimp, and veggies, which is good, but I also had a little fried rice and noodles, which is not good.  But when I was done, I had a huge plate of noodles and rice left, and took the rest for lunch the next day.  I then had a small piece of cake and some no sugar added ice cream.  

Yesterday, we were chaperoning prom, and they fed us, but it meant a lot of bad food.  The theme was carnival, so it was all food that you would get at a carnival.  There was literally no healthy options, so I had more bad stuff.  Then, the adults went out afterwards, and I had my first post-surgery beer.  So I was very glad to see this morning that my weight was the same as last week.  

Next week I'll be back on plan.  I'm close to my goal, so I don't want to stop and mess up my progress now.  Unfortunately, I'm still in the time of the year when I'm extremely busy with work, so my trips to the gym will be few and far between, and will remain that way until after Memorial Day.  But I did do a ton of yard work yesterday, and I've done a bunch today, and I have more to do still, so I know I'm getting a good workout this weekend.

John, I agree with you about the Lions.   It sure looks like they wanted to specifically try to change the image that they've acquired in the last few years.  As sad as I was to see Suh go, it will take some of the negative attention away from the team.  Rushing should actually be an option next year.

Eric, I would've loved to see how Mariota would've handled the NFL if he were with Kelly.  If that trade would've happened, it would've been fun to watch.

Don, after Gregory didn't det drafted I figured he would've been picked either by the Cowboys or the Patriots.  If he can clean up his act, this could be the steal of the draft.  He's probably a top 5 talent.

Mike, I really liked Atlanta's draft this year.  Especially Tevin Coleman.  He's a really good back, and I would've liked to have seen him in Detroit.

The end of the draft brings a sports lull to me.  I don't really follow any other sports, so I'll be looking forward to the preseason in August.

Have a great week everyone!

--

150 lost and maintaining!

ChillOutWayne
on 5/3/15 3:13 am
RNY on 03/02/15

I was happy with the way my Bears draft went, especially getting away from the Lovie/Angelo and recently Trestman/Emery catastrophes. Our first round pick in Kevin Smith will hopefully be that speed/route running/strong hands guy that we need to compliment Jeffery and his strengths at size advantage and incredible hands. Getting rid of Marshall was bittersweet, he was a great passionate player but some said a total distraction. I have incredible faith in John Fox and Ryan Pace, the Bears mentality at the ownership level has definitely changed...the last time we hired a head coach with actual head coaching experience was over 55 years ago, when George Halas hired himself back at head coach, ha. So clearly we have things to be excited about, but as usual, nothing is in stone until September (unless you are the Patriots or Packers, then you pretty much know where its going).

This week was chaotic with the training period for the new gig going on, like I said last week tho, it definitely helps me get the water and vitamins in without error, but does impact my energy for bike/walk/jog. They have averaged 12hr days but will become more regular after this next final week of training/conferences so that should help.

Starting weight: 311 (10 weeks ago)

Pre-surgery: 299 (9 weeks ago)

Last week: 261

This week: 258   I will certainly take a 3lb loss for the week, I am anticipating another stall based on the intense loss I have seen so far, now being 53lbs over a 10 week period. I will be ramping up my physical activity soon and should hopefully keep that furnace burnin'.

Have a good week guys!

Dan

NateH
on 5/3/15 7:06 am
VSG on 09/26/14

Last week: 296.1
This week: 291.6

4.5 pounds off this week! I think getting back on track after vacation and upping the water helped. I'm feeling good this week. 

I went to Draft Town (it's right by my house) and I have to say it was so damn cool! The NFL did a great job with this! There were tons of things to do (try a field goal, catch a diving pass into foam blocks, eat and drink). Plus it was held in Grant Park, which is pretty awesome of a setting. I didn't get into the actual stage, but there were huge screens everywhere, etc. Very fun! I think the NFL should move it around like that every year to give other cities a change to see it. It reminded me of Super Bowl village actually. 

Have a great week everyone! 

HW: 450
SW: 428 9/26/14
Reached 'normal' BMI (24.9) with a weight of 199.9: 2/5/2016

David R.
on 5/3/15 9:46 am

Cowboys and Bucaneers have screwed themselves with low character guys (Winston and Gregory).

bears did OK Cutlers last chance IMO

high weight 420

Last week 338

This Week 332

-6 Ill take it.

moving more, eating less. Still hate taste of food, so taking advantage of it.

Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 27 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 27 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 62 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 85 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 95 views