Back pain from weight loss??

Wilbur123
on 5/20/15 7:36 pm

Had VS 7 weeks ago, and am down 50 pounds.  I have never experienced continuous back pain before, but now have it all the time, but hurts more after I have been standing for awhile. I am guessing that my weight loss (mid abdomen mostly) has caused my center of gravity to shift, possibly even putting it further from my spine or lower, thus causing pain in the lower back and butt muscles.  This pain is annoying but not too bad.Anyone seen, experienced, or heard of this before.  Any suggestions on how to address?

Thanks,

Wilbur

cabin111
on 5/20/15 10:10 pm

The weight loss should help your back.  It might be inflamed...You may want to take some ibuprofen with milk...To coat your former stomach.  If in a few weeks you aren't better, I would go see your PCP doctor.  They will probably say it is a muscle strain and may send you to a physical therapist.  After a few days of rest then working on exercises for the back, you should be good to go.  Are you sure it's your back and not kidney stones??  Your PCP will get you straight pretty quick.  Brian 

Don 1962
on 5/21/15 4:46 am

Gall bladder maybe?

jason1978
on 5/24/15 3:58 am
DS on 06/24/13

I was thinking the same thing. That or kidney stones. Personally if it's bad and continuous I'd go have it checked out.

i lost about 180lbs and never had pains because of my "center of gravity moving".

DS on 6/24/13

SW 351

GW 190

CW 171

Somedude
on 6/14/15 5:24 am
VSG on 10/31/13

Yeah my weight loss has done wonders to get rid of my constant back pain. It may be gall/kidney issues, the redistribution of your weight, or if you aren't getting enough protein loss of muscle mass? Not a doctor and haven't experienced any of these issues so your guess is as good as mine but definitely get checked out for the kidney/gall stuff.

mike324-190
on 7/11/15 4:29 pm
RNY on 12/30/14

I guess maybe everyone don't experience it, but I'm having terrible pain in my back, hips,  and shoulders. I've lost 130lbs to date in 7 months. I attribute the pain to the change in center of gravity. Most of my weight was carried in my belly. My belly is virtually gone now, so the muscles that I used to use to hold up that forward weight are not being used any more, and some other muscles are working a bit harder and longer than before, to make up the difference. I think that is what is making them hurt.

That's my take on it anyway. Mine hurts so bad I had to get a prescription for hydracondone from my PCP.

Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 35 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 35 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 61 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 81 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 94 views