Hormone issues post op...

ChubbyHubby82
on 6/1/15 5:25 pm
VSG on 07/06/15

Anyone have hormone issues post op? If so, what might I expect??

Don 1962
on 6/1/15 5:33 pm

We ALL had hormone issues post op!  

Look for moodiness, anger management issues, and rarely is it mentioned but can be a common side effect and that is depression.  At no point is there ANY SHAME IN YOUR GAME to seek professional help if you need it.  This is a hell of a roller coaster ride both physically and emotionally.

ChubbyHubby82
on 6/1/15 5:37 pm
VSG on 07/06/15

I mean...I figured that there would be some ch ch ch changes. Well, I have a healthy appetite for therapy and believe in it...and will be joining a support group post op, as well as raising my hand and saying "Houston, we have a problem here."

Don 1962
on 6/1/15 5:43 pm

Sounds like a plan!

bigdaddy44
on 6/2/15 9:19 am
VSG on 03/16/15

I think psychological issue more for me than hormones. I still see myself as the 350lb fat guy. It's hard to shake the image from your head and to start enjoying the new you with out worrying how other people think you may look, even though at this point I look normal. I can walk by a mirror and always come back, not to admire myself, but to make sure it is me. Good luck on your journey.

ChubbyHubby82
on 6/2/15 9:37 am
VSG on 07/06/15

I think that the body image problem is what scares me the most. I have been big for so long an now that is all going to change. 

bigdaddy44
on 6/14/15 7:22 pm
VSG on 03/16/15

I know, I was at the beach today and wondered if I should have on the neon yellow bathing suit I had. I told my wife you have to be comfortable with yourself to wear a bathing suit like that because it draws attention, and she said I pulled it off. Still hard to get it in my head that I can be the guy that looks normal at the beach.

Don 1962
on 6/2/15 3:56 pm

Really trips you up when you are several years out and people who only know you post WLS look at you in disbelief when you tell them you are a former fat person!  Have to keep the pictures handy.

ChubbyHubby82
on 6/2/15 4:06 pm
VSG on 07/06/15

I will be keeping them handy to serve as a reminder to myself of what I used to look like and how far I have come. It already is kind of trippy when you think about what you will look like as a smaller person. I have always wondered. 

bulldog76ss
on 6/5/15 9:19 am - OH

I am  17 months out and down 310# .  I still am looking at chairs if they can hold me, booths that I fit in, the number of step to climb and so on.  Old habits die hard but they are dying.  I was at a convention recently and some old friends I haven't seen for a number of years didn't even know who I was.  A side from this still personal image I have in my head, life is great...wouldn't change a thing.  Keep after it!!

Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 27 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 27 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 63 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 85 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 95 views