RNY on 01/16/14

Fathers Day!!

337.6:  High weight Dec '13

311.3:  Surgery day 1/16/14

191.8:  1st Surgiversary

188.2:  Last Weigh in

190.0: CW

180.0: Goal weight

Happy Fathers Day to all you Dads out there. I may be a little old fashioned here, but in these days I don't believe its ever been more important to have a strong family oriented dad around. I wonder how many of the tragedies over the past year (or more) would have been avoided if some of the people involved had a strong, loving and committed dad as part of the family unit.

Since I live 700 miles from my family I wont get to see my dad today, nor will I get to see my kids and grandkids. I'll spend a lot of time on facetime. If you live close to your family, make sure you give everyone a hug. Being able to be close to family is a blessing that shouldn't be taken for granted. 

Pretty happy about the scale this week. My weight last week was artificailly low, and my weight this morning is pretty representative. I'm only out one night this week, and in fact I don't have any travel scheduled till mid-july. Time to enjoy the sun, get some natural vitamin D and enjoy a great summer. 

Have a great week everyone!!

Don 1962
on 6/21/15 6:21 am

Last week:  172.6

This week:  171.8

Double whammy for me almost every year.  Father's Day and my late Dad's birthday are close to each other and often on same day.  Throw in Juneteenth and its a Trifecta!  "Juneteenth" referring to June 19, 1865, when the Texas slaves found out two years after the fact that they were free under the Emancipation Proclamation.

Other side blinked on the divorce!  Light at end of tunnel not a train - or at least it does not appear so now.  With the end in sight I can get on with life!  Needing new computer since the hinges on HP broke so not closing.  Car goes to body shop tomorrow to get airborne truck mud flap damage fixed and I'm getting root canal and crown finished.  Still have not gotten a treadmill and have a remodel that has to be finished despite X2 being gone.  Lots of outlay but it is crap that has to be done.

Happy Dad's Day to the Dad's to in the group! 

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Tombocom
on 6/21/15 6:26 am
RNY on 04/28/15

Happy Father's Day y'all!

With my girls in Florida, Georgia and North Carolina and me in Texas, I wont see mine at all.  I hope they remember to at least text the Old Man, but who knows...

I seem to be in a stair-step sort of losing pattern... I'll lose a pound or two, remain relatively stable for a few days, then when the scale is about to drive me absolutely bonkers, I'll be down another pound or so. The journey is worth it, as for the first time in probably 30 years, I could buy clothes off the rack at the local megamart.  Might not be a big thing, but it made me feel pretty good.  

At work, our accountant has been out of the office travelling and vacation with her family, so she hadn't seen me since I was in the pre-surgery diet.  Her response when I walked by her office was, "Holy crap!  Where did all of you go?"  It's the little things, ya know?

My numbers:

Highest weight:  324

Surgery weight:  310

Current Weight: 266.9

Enjoy the day, Gents!

Don 1962
on 6/21/15 6:54 am

What part of Texas are you in?

Tombocom
on 6/22/15 7:25 am
RNY on 04/28/15

I'm over in Abilene, Don.  

Don 1962
on 6/22/15 8:14 am

Now that is one town that has CHANGED since I went to college (ACU) there thirty years ago!

Han Shot First
on 6/21/15 6:53 am - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

High Weight: 380

Starting Weight: 350

Last Week: 208.2

Current Weight: 206.2

Happy Fathers Day to all my fellow dads and father figures.

Good scale week for  me this week.  I was actually into the 205's earlier, but as is my pattern, I gained back a little, but not much at all.  The big vacation to Orlando starts in a week, so I'm not going to get under 200 by then, but I think I'm ready for the beach anyway .  I had a pretty good eating week, and I got to the gym 4 times, so I'm really happy about that.

Since summer vacation started, we did a massive cleaning at our house this week.  We really needed it, because we let things kind of go during the school year.  It kept us busy most of the week, but it was worth it.  This week, I go back to work (kind of).  I'm working on curriculum development Mon-Thurs, and I'm taking 3 summer classes.  They're online classes, so I'll be working on them even when we're in Orlando.  

Have a great week!

--

150 lost and maintaining!

Don 1962
on 6/21/15 6:56 am

Despite what the contract says educators don't really have summers "off".

Enjoy the vacation. 

IWANT2BEHEALTHY
on 6/21/15 7:23 am
VSG on 03/16/15

Happy father's day fellow fathers. 

Highest weight =427

Day of surgery (3-16-15)=362

Last week=288

Today=283

Day old chicken breast is not going down to well. I even tried making chicken salad with mayo. Didn't work, I got 2 fork fulls down. Ugh. Medium Rare Steak Seams the best. Drats, guess I must grill steak every night for dinner. Lol. My fitness pal is awesome.  It definitely helps me make sure I'm eating enough protein.  

I am still feeling like my arms are skinny.  I need to go back to weight training. 

Glad everyone is here giving the support I need. 

Thank you all 

Ht:6'5 Start weight 427, surgery weight=362 current weight 238 goal weight unsure?

Don 1962
on 6/22/15 2:51 am

Mention too dry, day old chicken, I start getting flashbacks of early out.

Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 30 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 30 views
St. Patty's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 63 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 88 views