Hello

Jaiart
on 6/29/15 1:00 pm - MI

Had DS almost 3 years ago. Saw fantastic results but have been slipping lately and in process of nipping it in the bud.  Also convinced I can kickstart a loss session even at this stage of the game. So determined to get 'r' done.    Was trying to transition to an Atkins programme post but have seen many successful Atkins bloggers regain all around the decade point. Has any bariatric post ops here achieved or surpassed that decade ceiling?

Qajohn
on 7/1/15 5:41 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

@Jaiart - I've been watching to see what kind of responses you get. I didn't have the DS Surgery, nor have I been a 10 yr vet. I know there are people out there who are well past a decade. My mom had GBS i***** so she is 20+ years out. I can tell you that the instructions, diet etc that I follow are night and day different than what she was told at the time. She has regained much of her weight unfortunatly. 

For me, I plan to use the surgery as a tool. Other than the plumbing changes we are the same people post op, that we were pre-op. The surgery gives us another tool in our arsenal to fight the demons we all face. With DS, I beleive you have a permanant (or atl least longer lasting ??) malabsorptoin effect. As I read posts here, I'm pretty sure if you go back to basics, you'll see your weight loss restart. At the same time, do your best to increase your activity.

While I don't often hear the Atkins diet plan on these boards, I don't think most long term successful WLS folks eat protein first and then vegies, staying away from simple carbs. At its essence, that's Atkins. I say go for it. 

Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 35 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 35 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 61 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 81 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 94 views