GOOOOAAAALLLL! Now what? NSV added...

mike324-190
on 7/25/15 1:19 pm, edited 7/30/15 8:31 pm
RNY on 12/30/14

I reached my goal of 190 yesterday. To celebrate, I took my 12yr old daughter to the county fair. I rode every ride she would go on, some more than once. We had a blast. It was weird. The last time I went to an amusement park was about 10yrs ago. I could only ride one ride, because that was the only ride with special seats for fat people. Being able to not only fit, but fit comfortably with room to spare was awesome. We got there at 2pm and left at 11pm. It was the first fair she had ever been to. It was incredible. The only bad part, and something that I'm going to have to get used to, was that after the sun started going down, I started to freeze. OMGo**** was so cold! 

Anyway, the reason for this post. Lol. 

As I said before, I reached goal yesterday. What now? Do I need to change things, or just keep doing what I have been doing, and just let my body stop losing when it wants to? I don't want to get too small either. My daughter says she misses her big teddy bear of a daddy. Not the response I would have ever expected, but I guess I understand her point of view. Change is hard. She hates it when I shave of my hard and mustache too.  Lol

Thanks for reading, and sorry for rambling. It's just fun to share!

Don 1962
on 7/25/15 4:16 pm

Nice big ol' Nast stinky on FART scale! Good job!! 

Qajohn
on 7/26/15 4:54 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

I would keep doing what your doing. I think you'll naturally increase your calories and your body will need less until it reaches an equilibrium. If you feel your too small (ie not healthy), then you can start adding calories back a few at a time until you reach the equilibrium that way. 

Congratulations!!

IWANT2BEHEALTHY
on 7/26/15 6:56 am
VSG on 03/16/15

Great news, and congrats. I haven't been on a ride since high school.  

I'm creeping my way to goal myself. I would hope you keep us posted on your status with this.

Thanks,

Eric

Ht:6'5 Start weight 427, surgery weight=362 current weight 238 goal weight unsure?

SUMO96
on 7/26/15 10:13 am - Dorado, Puerto Rico

Congrats Mike on a great FART.  I feel you on the daughter.  My 5yr old was snuggling with me and told me a was not "smooshy" anymore.  I will take that and see her graduate high school and college rather than the way I was going.  :-)

RNY 11/7/2014. Pereira, Colombia  HW 375lbs

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Michmanbigboy
on 7/26/15 6:19 pm - Whitmore Lake, MI

Just remind your daughter that you did so that you can spend many more years with her making memories.

mike324-190
on 7/26/15 7:21 pm
RNY on 12/30/14

Ok, what's FART mean? I guess I need to hang around more to learn this stuff . Just found the men's forum. Didn't really like hanging around on the general and rny forums. Too much holier than thou going on there for me.

I'll stick around and keep you guys posted on my progression. I'm 2 lbs below goal as of this morning.

My daughter is awesome. She loves me with all her heart. She is my partner in crime. She takes care of me and I her. I work from home, so I get to spend more time with her than my wife does. My wife works an hour away, so she's gone for 10 to 11 hours a day. Sunday is family day. My wife and I only get Sunday off together. My wife couldn't go to the fair with us because it only ran from Tuesday thru Saturday, and she gets Sunday and Monday off. My wife has lost about 40lbs since I started this journey too. We actually weigh the same right now. She is at a plateau and can't seem to get past this one. She's been stuck here for a couple months now. She looks great, but will feel much better if she could lose the 40 lbs or so that she wants to lose. She has not had any surgical help, though she qualified for it when she was at her high weight.

I'll just keep being supportive and continue what I've been doing too. 

Thanks all who have replied so far.

be blessed! 

Mike

cabin111
on 7/27/15 9:11 am, edited 7/27/15 9:15 am

Hey Mike great going!!  Not going to totally get into "FART"...But basically the guys on the Men's Forum hated to see the "WOW" moments on the other forums.  Quite a bit of estrogen on the other forums.  Instead of getting "you poor thing", you'll here more..."That's tough man"...on this forum.  You get more punch in the shoulder...Straight to the point guy type of things here.  Yeah, we are supportive and concerned.  But, you may get more butt kicking when needed. 

You'll see a little more sports talk here too...Bye the way, the 49ers over/under for wins this year in Vegas is 7 games...I hate to see the local team fall apart!!

Just keep doing what you are doing to maintain.  If you need to add some carbs to keep the weight steady, look into adding a small amount of fruit to your diet.  Stay away from simple carbs; sugar, Pepsi, cakes, cookies...They start you down a path you don't want to go down.  They are very addicting and they are the reason that you got so heavy to begin with.  I hit my goal of 190 (you can look on my profile)...I dropped down to 187 and started to freak out.  I thought I would be one of those people wasting away in a rest home.  So I started eating everything is sight.  You need to realize your body will adjust and adapt to your situation...You should stabilize pretty soon.  Try and work on muscle toning and exercise...That always helps.  Be careful with this...I went down this road and wish I never started.  "You know...I'm doing so well I think I'll try some Snickers Bars...It's been so long...Maybe some Pepsi.  Hey it's someone's birthday...I don't want to seem antisocial".  So you go after the "junk" and soon find you have regained 10-20 pounds...You're sitting there saying..."what happened"??  Just saying the longer you can avoid the simple carbs the better your outcome over the years will be.  Weigh to go on your journey...And welcome to this forum.  Brian

(deactivated member)
on 7/27/15 8:48 pm

You don't need to do anything. You actually have no say in it, your body makes all the decisions and will gravitate towards equilibrium. 

Expect to continue to lose weight for a little while. You'll bottom out and then gain 10 to 20 back over a number of months. At that point you'll know your real weight range.

mike324-190
on 7/30/15 8:28 pm
RNY on 12/30/14

I had a scale victory and a NSV yesterday.  The SV was 185lbs, and the NSV was that I put on my 38-30 pants, and they fell to the floor. Went to Wal-Mart and tried on some cheap pants.  I grabbed some 34-30s, some 33-30s, and some 32-30s. Went to the dressing room and stood there looking at them for a minute while I decided wether I was going to be a half full our half empty kind of guy. I decided to go with half full.  I tried on the 32s. I pulled them up and they went over my butt just fine. Then I buttoned them with ease also. I couldn't believe my eyes as I looked at myself in the mirror. These little pants that I wouldn't have gotten my leg into a year ago, fit perfectly. 

I added some pics if you guys want to see. 

Is it weird to like looking at yourself in the mirror now? I used to hate it and avoided any mirror I could. Now I find myself looking at my reflection on store windows. 

Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 30 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 30 views
St. Patty's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 63 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 88 views