on 8/2/15 4:21 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

337.6:  High weight Dec '13

311.3:  Surgery day 1/16/14

191.8:  1st Surgiversary

193.0:  Last Weigh in

193.2: CW

180.0: Goal

All the funny pictures, slogans and other motivational signs can't compare to the real source of motivation for me. These two are on their way today to visit my wife and I for the week. These two, and their 2 1/2 cousins, keep me focused. Before I had grandkids I thought a couple of things; 1) I'm immortal and 2) I don't really care about my health. After having grandkids I realized my time is short on this earth and I wanted to maximize my quality of life. That made the surgery decision easy. 

No travel this week, I'll be busy chasing grandkids in vacation :). The next two months will be crazy though. 

If you misss the routine, then here you go:

Have a great week.

bigdaddy44
on 8/2/15 5:12 am
VSG on 03/16/15

359:  High weight Nov 2014

331:  Surgery day 3/16/2105

255:  Last Weigh in

235: CW

190: Goal weight         

All blood work was fine at 4 mnths. BP is up and back on mess for it. Now I'm  starting to think I  should  revise my goal weight. I'm  down to a 38 from a 48 waste and some of my skin has adjusted  well but I  can see some of it won't. Not sure how much more I should  lose. My wife really doesn't  want me to loose anymore. I have started to introduce a few carbs but maybe I'll  try for 20 more lbs. Seems  like  I am loosing more inches  than weight this past month.  

Han Shot First
on 8/2/15 5:26 am - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

I was at around that 250 point when people started telling me that I shouldn't lose anymore.  That was even my doctor's goal for me.  But I'm glad I didn't stop there.  You've obviously made great progress, but I wouldn't sell yourself short.  235 was great, but 205 is even better.

--

150 lost and maintaining!

Don 1962
on 8/2/15 5:41 am

FWIW:  We started at the same weight.  Originally my goal was set at 185.  I  "bottomed out" all the way down to 165 about the time my gall bladder came out 18 months post WLS.  At 5-06 my current lower 170's is where I've hung for six years plus a few months.  Further out you are the slower the weight comes off.  Gives your endocrinological system time to catch up as well as your head.

bigdaddy44
on 8/2/15 7:23 am
VSG on 03/16/15

My head has definitely  not adjusted to the mirror. At a support group  meeting the shrink said to give your  head one month  for every year you've been obese to catch up but she was kind of crazy. I'm  5'9.5" and really  hope I don't  go below 190. Hell, I haven't seen 190 since the 7th grade. Enjoy the AC. It's hot here in SC too but I can tolerate the heat much better now. I just hope winter is mild or I'll freeze.

Han Shot First
on 8/2/15 10:59 am - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

That's an interesting stat.  I still have problems reconciling my head and the mirror.  I could also see it being over 2 years for me to finally get in the right frame of mind.

Up here in Michigan, I froze this winter like no other time, and that was back when I was a low of about 230 over the winter.  I'm already making plans to stock up on hoodies and wool socks!

--

Qajohn
on 8/2/15 3:01 pm - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

At 5 9 1/2", I wouldn't be afraid of 190. I'm 6' and about 192/194 depending on the day. It takes a while to get past the mind F, especially when you pull up a pair of jeans that are a waist size you haven't seen since middle school. You wonder if you can even get one leg in them, then when they button easily you wonder WTF. Its takes time, but your mind will come around. 

Han Shot First
on 8/2/15 5:24 am - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

High Weight: 380

Starting Weight: 350

Last Week : 204.5

Current Weight: 205.0

Well, that's not as bad as I was worried about.  Another down-up-down week for me.  I was down to 203, and then I went on a trip with my friends.  Uh oh.  Way too much food, way too much beer, and I was at 207 when I got back.  Got back on plan, and the scale is coming down again.  I actually have a pretty busy week this week:  overnight trip to a friend's cabin, overnight backpacking trip, and then putting a new engine in my Jeep this weekend.  This'll be a good week to drop some weight, because I won't have time to sit and think about food.  Traditionally I gain some weight in the summer because I'm home and eat too much.  This summer has been different, but my weight loss still slowed (and I'm really close to goal).  If I'm not at my goal within 4 weeks, I know it won't be long after I'm back to work full time.

John, enjoy those grandkids!  

--

Don 1962
on 8/1/15 10:26 pm, edited 8/1/15 10:55 pm

Last week:  172.2 (Monday AM)

This week:  173.2

I'm not going to miss the 2nd ex-wife at all.  Her grandkids though are another story.  Hard not to see their pictures and not feel a yank on the heart strings. A hell of a jerk is more like it.

Going to try and stay under the greatest gift to the South, air conditioner, as much as I can today.  Feeling being out in the Sun too much this week especially yesterday doing yard.  Start another round with the dentist tomorrow and see orthopedic doc mid week about shoulder.

Hydrate!  Hydrate!  Hydrate!

Edited To Add:  Lest we forget - the Universe is back in harmony!  NFL training camps are in session!  GO COWBOYS!!

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Qajohn
on 8/2/15 3:02 pm - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

The Lions were the last to camp today. Its been fun watching the Harbaugh raod showin Ann Arbor also. Cant wait to see the Wolverines take the field. 

Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 34 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 34 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 60 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 80 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 93 views