on 8/16/15 5:38 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

337.6:  High weight Dec '13

311.3:  Surgery day 1/16/14

191.8:  1st Surgiversary

194.8:  Last Weigh in

193.2: CW

180.0: Goal

Although I lost a little bit this week, it was a tough week. I'm glad its over. For the most part, I was able to stay the course, but too many meetings with bad snacks had me spinning. I was able to get to the gym 4 times, two pretty good workouts, and two for show.

This coming week, I'll be in Tampa again which is normally pretty good for me. I need to build some momentum, becasue starting August 26 and going through September17, I'm in trouble. In that time, I have two vacations, a big customer event, and a three day corporate meeting. I'm already starting to try and figure out my plan for success. 

On Saturday, the temperature got to 94 degrees here in St. Paul. This is only the third time this summer for a temp over 90 (we average 14 days a summer over 90), and was actually the hottest temp since September 2013. 

The Lions got off to a great start against the disfunctional Jets this week. I'm anxious for the season to get started. College football is right around the corner as well with the start of the Harbaugh era. Michigan football back to its roots.

Have a great week everyone. 

IWANT2BEHEALTHY
on 8/15/15 10:54 pm, edited 8/15/15 11:09 pm
VSG on 03/16/15

Nice job on staying the course which is tough in those meetings with the crappy snacks. 

Highest=427

Day of surgery 3/16/15=362

Last week=260

Today=257

So I had this posted to my blog today. This pretty much sums it up so I'll paste it here...

IWANT2BEHEALTHY's Blog

5 months post op[Edit Post]

posted 26 minutes ago

I am 5 months post op today. I've lost 105 since surgery and I am down 170 since my highest point. I never thought I would be back at this weight ever again.  I have 5 more lbs until I get to "overweight" and not be obese. My goal is to get to that point since this is what I weighed while I was playing basketball back in college.  It's amazing how far I've come in such short time. I still don't recognize my reflection in the windows as I walk down a street. I was just in west Palm Beach Florida for the first week of August and the heat didn't bother me. I am very worried what winter and the cold weather has in store for me. I used to be able to go outside in shorts and a t-shirt and admire the snow storms and not really worry that it was 15 degrees outside. I keep telling myself I should start lifting weights to build my arms and legs and core back up. But I haven't started yet. I have been pretty steady with biking around town every other day or so for 30 to 45 min. My 2xlt shirts are getting baggy. And so are the 2xl shorts. I still have problems drinking enough water which in turn gets me constipated. Thank God for milk of magnesium.  I have started eating more green vegetables and drinking more water and this helps tremendously.  Going out to eat is very strange, as I can't eat half of what they bring out. I felt like have been insulting the chefs at the restaurants. I don't tell people I have had this surgery and they can't believe how little I eat. I on the other hand can't believe how much everyone else eats, and that I could usually eat 2 times as much or more than them?? I do miss some things like being able to house a large hoagie or eat doughnuts and pastries by the half dozen. But that's how I got to 427. It's a beautiful day listening to the cicadas on the front porch drinking water. Oh yes coffee,  I haven't had a sip of coffee since the day before surgery.  I used to drink about a pot every day, black and strong. I made a bet with myself I wasn't hooked on the stuff so I won't even try it for a year postoperative.  I didn't want an ulcer. That's all I have today. I will be posting my 5 month photos sometime today. 

Eric

Ht:6'5 Start weight 427, surgery weight=362 current weight 238 goal weight unsure?

Don 1962
on 8/16/15 7:18 am

Last week:  172.0

This week:  171.8

I'll trade ya!  It's finally below triple digits here! I worship at the alter of John Carrier daily! (he invented AC)

Work has been a large hairy spiteful wretch but always is.  We are doing a MAJOR up grade in our IT capabilities and signing on with an in the car report writing/data sharing program.  Our "Millennial"  is our IT guy for obvious reasons and is bouncing off the walls excited about it.  Was waving a pen at him the other day and said "You see this?  I've put many an asshole in jail or prison with a piece of paper and either one of these or an IBM Selectric typewriter!" Other issue is budget starts 10/1.  Pittance of a raise but we are supposed to be getting on the TMRS, Texas Municipal Retirement System, which we are not currently.  Would be nice to pad that up some more since I'm already vested.

Monday week divorce is FINAL!

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

IWANT2BEHEALTHY
on 8/16/15 7:45 am
VSG on 03/16/15

There are positions within my company outside of Dallas. No ice and snow might work

Ht:6'5 Start weight 427, surgery weight=362 current weight 238 goal weight unsure?

Don 1962
on 8/16/15 10:24 am

In your neck of the woods y'all are raised up learning how to handle snow and ice and can function with it.  Get 1/4" or ice here and the world stops!  Kids stay home, people can't drive etc..

Qajohn
on 8/16/15 11:02 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

Glad to hear that you are getting the divorce behind you. 

Mike R.
on 8/16/15 3:52 pm - Warner Robins, GA

I kid my wife that when I die I want a 5 ton AC unit in my coffin!  It's only in the South where the temp and humidity can be 100 and it not be raining.

HW: 392 lbs SW: 377.5 lbs
          CW: 215 lbs GW: 190 lbs

Mike R.
on 8/16/15 3:48 pm - Warner Robins, GA

My stats this week:

High weight:  392.0 lbs
Pre-op Weight 4 Aug 09:  377.5 lbs
      1st Surgiversary:  241.0 lbs
      2nd Surgiversary:  212.5 lbs
      3rd Surgiversary:  217.0 lbs
      4th Surgiversary:  214.0 lbs / 21.1% body fat / 160.6 lbs muscle mass
      5th Surgiversary:  223.4 lbs / 21.3% body fat / 167.4 lbs muscle mass
      6th Surgiversary:  218.8 lbs / 21.7% body fat / 162.8 lbs muscle mass
             Last week:  219.2 lbs / 21.7% body fat / 163.4 lbs muscle mass
             This week:  221.6 lbs / 21.4% body fat / 165.8 lbs muscle mass

This week I’m up 2.4 lbs overall and up 2.4 lbs muscle mass.  I made it to the gym 5 days this past week for cardio and strength training.  I did ok mindfully eating.  Protein was good and water ok.

Well, Atlanta is off to a good start in the preseason with a W against the Titans.  Hopefully Dan Quinn has brought some Seahawks mojo with him to last the season.  Butch Jones led my Vols in 2014 to its first winning season (7-6) in the last 5 years and first bowl title in the last 6 years.  Maybe he can even do better this year with Dobbs and Kamara.

Be safe & have a great week gentlemen!

-Mike

HW: 392 lbs SW: 377.5 lbs
          CW: 215 lbs GW: 190 lbs

billmacc7
on 8/16/15 6:17 pm - MA

High-346

Low-196

Today-209

OK week...sometimes I long for being at the beginning of this journey..Food was not desired just needed to function...truly realize every day that even with surgery I have to be mindful about my eating choices as I always have the CHOICE  but am I going to choose healthy or unhealthy?? Day at a time...!!

Water-OK

Vitamins-Spot On-However have had ongoing issues with low iron so have done 2 rounds of Iron Infusion and it has def helped!

Exercise-5 out of 7 did some type of activity, yesterday did a long run of 6 miles w/ my dog Roscoe and today a 15 mile bike ride with my wife...

NSV of the week...being able to tie my shoes without being out of breath!!

Have a Great Week! 

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

sllong
on 8/16/15 5:00 pm, edited 8/16/15 5:32 pm
RNY on 06/16/15

High Weight March 2015 350

Surgery Weight RNY june 16 2015 304

Current weight 270.0

Steve

Most Active
Sunday Weigh In