My doc is retiring

Tombocom
on 9/24/15 9:27 am
RNY on 04/28/15

So I just got the notice that my surgeon is retiring in about 8 weeks.  I don't know what to do next, to be honest.  Any of you gents had to switch docs "mid-stream" ?

Don 1962
on 9/24/15 3:03 pm

I'm confident he will not leave you hanging and refer you to another doctor. Granted I was 6 years out when it happened but mine died. See an endocrinologist for my annual labs.

(deactivated member)
on 9/24/15 10:26 pm

My surgeon moved from the NYC area to Dallas a week before he was scheduled to do surgery. Although I was really annoyed at the time, I transferred to someone much better and given more options.

Once you're post op, your surgeon is of little to no value even though we all want the security blanket of knowing they are there. In reality, you'll just check in once or twice a year, and get some basic advice you can get from a lot of other med professionals.

Qajohn
on 9/26/15 7:08 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

I switched surgeons offices after a year becasue I wasn't satisfied with the follow up from my orignal surgeon. After one visit the new Dr retired. I'm not sure who I'll see at my next visit. I would assume that the office would have other doc's you could see. If not, you'll have to either look for another bariatric office, or discuss with your PCP about follow up. 

Tombocom
on 9/27/15 3:23 pm
RNY on 04/28/15

Thanks guys.. As always, y'all are the best.

Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 27 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 27 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 63 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 85 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 95 views