9 plus years...

cabin111
on 11/12/15 3:07 pm, edited 11/12/15 3:15 pm

Well back in October it was 9 years (RNY)!!  How time does fly.  Here you see me marrying off my second daughter.  On my bucket list was to be alive to walk both my daughters down the aisle...Done and done.  Notice the suit...Same one I wore on my wedding in 1984.  Each year I try and post a picture for the new guys on this forum...To see what it looks like many years down the road.  Need my daughter to help download the picture...That's why I waited to do my yearly post.  Doing a lot of bike riding and walking.  Mowing the lawn type of things.  Been retired about 1 year now...Just turned 60 in September.  The first few years of WLS is new and exciting.  After awhile you are just living and functioning normal.  Hopefully you've changed your eating habits.  I try and cut back on my sugar...Eat a lot of protein and vegetables...But still eat my dark chocolate.  Last 3 things on my bucket list (Lord willing); to collect social security (at 62), collect on Medicare (at 65)...Just get something back for all that I've paid in.  The last one is for Cal to go to the Rose bowl in my lifetime...Need a full blown miracle!!  As many of you know, when I went to see my cardiologist about 9 1/2 years ago...He said I was dying.  He said maybe WLS could help.  I'm still kicking!!  Life is good.  Brian 

Don 1962
on 11/12/15 3:20 pm

Congratulations on your continued successful WLS journey!

billmacc7
on 11/12/15 6:17 pm - MA

Hi Brian,

Thanks for posting your surgiversary!  I know early in my WLS Journey I was thankful for the vets like you and Don and others. Your posts are always honest and helpful!

Continued success my friend!!

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

RNYTerry
on 11/13/15 1:59 am

Great story, thanks for sharing!

Always inspiring to hear a long term success story, keep it going!

Terry

Referral-November 2014, Orientation Windsor, ON December 2015, Nurse, Dietician, Doctor, Social Worker & Nutrition Class January 2015, Nurse, Dietician & Psych March 2015, Surgery Ed. Class March 2015, Surgeon Consultation May 2015, Surgery June 16, 2015 at Guelph, ON with Dr Pereira-Hong

MassHockey
on 11/14/15 4:05 am

Thats great. Congrats on everything.

Thanx for posting.  Really helps us newcomers.

IWANT2BEHEALTHY
on 11/15/15 5:36 am
VSG on 03/16/15

Congratulations and thank you for posting this. As the others have said ,it's great to see people having continue success.  I'm hoping to do some of these things one day as well. 

Eric

Ht:6'5 Start weight 427, surgery weight=362 current weight 238 goal weight unsure?

Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 27 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 27 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 63 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 85 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 95 views