RNY on 01/16/14

337.6: High weight Dec '13

311.3: Surgery day 1/16/14

191.8: 1st Surgiversary

199.2: 2nd Surgiversary

197.8: Last Weigh in

199.2: CW

180.0: Goal

Not particularly happy with my weight these days. Especially on my second surgiversary. Its not like I didn't expect it, I was told by my surgeon there would be a rebound. I'm not ready to give in though. Even though I am fairly disciplined about logging all my food, I know there are things I don't or forget to log.Time to change that. a positive note, I'm logging my workouts pretty religiously, and I am getting a lot stronger. Squats, benchpress and other lifts are all at personal records these days.  I probably need to add some cardio back into my exercise routine.

Believe it or not, it colder today than last week. Actual temps are -14, with -40 windchills. Getting from the car to the gym this morning is going to suck.  

Have a great week!!

Don 1962
on 1/17/16 6:52 am

Last week: 178.2

This week: 178.0

Great meme!

Please keep the deep cold up there. Barely got below freezing in DFW last night with a trace of frozen precip on the bridges ad overpasses and AM news leads with stories on multiple crashes on said bridges and overpasses.  I'll be the first to tell you people in the South can't drive on the least little bit of snow and ice!

Scales not going higher but not back under the red line yet either.

Home Depot fixing to give us an assigned parking spot at several stores given the number of times we are going there.  Today included.

Go do your thing.

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Qajohn
on 1/17/16 8:55 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

On one hand when it gets this cold, salt and road chemicals don't work. On the other, when it gets this cold, there is no moisture in the air. The sky is a brilliant blue.

MassHockey
on 1/17/16 7:04 am

HW(Sept 2015): 321

RNY October 7, 2015

LW: 218

CW: 213.8

Weird week.  I had a brutal stomach bug Mon-Tues.  Lost 6 lbs in two days.  Then by Friday I had drank a zillion oz of water so the scale went back up and I gained almost all of that weight back.  Here it is Sunday and the scale shows almost the same rate if loss that Ive been having consistently (Goid God, I love this "honeymoon" phase; Im terrified to get where you guys are).  

To make it even more odd, I went back to drinking alcohol in the last two weeks or so.  Yesterday was my first "real" drinking day since surgery.  I had at least 12 beers during the Patriots game.  It kills myfitnesspal counts on calories and carbs obviously.  But it didnt show up on the scale this morning.  I almost didnt weigh myself this morning for fear of what those beers would do.  I'll be happy when I unserstand all of this better.

NateH
on 1/17/16 7:52 am
VSG on 09/26/14

12 beers? Eek... be careful please. While it may not show up this week, don't get into a trap and sabotage your own weight loss goals. 

HW: 450
SW: 428 9/26/14
Reached 'normal' BMI (24.9) with a weight of 199.9: 2/5/2016

MassHockey
on 1/17/16 9:43 am

Thank you.  I appreciate the sentiment.  

I'm not particularly proud of it but beer drinking is a part of my life.  I talked explicitly with my doctor, social worker,  and psychologist before the surgery.  They definitely advised caution.....for weight loss purposes and for general health purposes. 

Yesterday I was home, so not driving.  I sort of wanted to "test" and see what would happen.  

I reaaly appreciate everybodys sentiment.  I value your opinions a great deal.  I will be cautious and thoughtful about this, and all, transitions.

IWANT2BEHEALTHY
on 1/17/16 8:22 am
VSG on 03/16/15

Yikes! Watch out for that. 

Ht:6'5 Start weight 427, surgery weight=362 current weight 238 goal weight unsure?

Qajohn
on 1/17/16 8:56 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

12 beers!! Holy crap.

One glass of wine is about all I can handle, and then only once in a great while. I've had two glasses once and it nearly put me down. No driving for me after one glass. 

NateH
on 1/17/16 7:51 am
VSG on 09/26/14

LW: 203.9
TW: 200.1

I worked so hard this week and it shows! I'm 0.2 from the dream of one-derland. I honestly, 100% never believed I would ever be saying those words. At 450 pounds, my goal was maybe to lose 100? I had no real ideas of where I would end up. Just that I had to do something. 

So here I am...knocking on the door of 199 and planning to leave in 3 days for a beach vacation in Hawaii... Wow how life can change when you are in the driver's seat. No longer a passenger here, I'm in full control! 

I'll try to post next week... but ya know.. beach goals. :) 

In all seriousness, have a great week everyone. And I never say this enough, thank you to all of the guys that post here. I don't post a ton, but I read a lot and your stories have inspired me to keep going and be better and live a better, more healthful life. 

Have a great week! 

HW: 450
SW: 428 9/26/14
Reached 'normal' BMI (24.9) with a weight of 199.9: 2/5/2016

Qajohn
on 1/17/16 8:58 am, edited 1/17/16 12:58 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

Nice.

We'll be waiting for all the beach pics with the great scenary

Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 25 views