on 2/28/16 4:09 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

337.6: High weight Dec '13

311.3: Surgery day 1/16/14

191.8: 1st Surgiversary

199.2: 2nd Surgiversary

199.8: Last Weigh in

197.6: CW

Pretty good result this last week even though I think I left a pound on the table. For sure calories were down, and exercise was up. Also, kept carbs under control for the most part. Really did well with water most days. 

I leave for a 12 day trip on Tuesday through Chicago and Florida, so I'll need to keep my foot on the carb and calorie pedal. I have a little tendonitis and inflammation from weight lifting so I'm taking a two week break and focusing on cardio only. 

I started using Netflix and Amazon Prime to make it through my cardio workouts. An episode of Daredevil is just about the right amount of time on the eliptical plus cool down. Otherwise, its boring like hell. I'm a little intimidated to join a spin class at the gym, but I plan to start doing that as well. My wife and I went bike shopping and will probably pull the trigger on bikes in March. 

Have a great week everyone.

(PS - Since I will be traveling, I wont be weighing in next Sunday. Can someone else please kick the thread off?)

IWANT2BEHEALTHY
on 2/28/16 7:04 am
VSG on 03/16/15

Another week and learning as I go.

Highest=427

Day of surgery =362

Last wek=237

Today=237

I maintained this week. I upped the spinning bike and plan to do 18 miles on my outdoor bike today. It is supposed to go over 60 today. 

John let us know what bike you get

Ht:6'5 Start weight 427, surgery weight=362 current weight 238 goal weight unsure?

Qajohn
on 2/28/16 10:19 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

Yesterday we looked at Specialized and Trek. Feature for feature, we liked the Trek FX 7.4. I'm a sucker for carbon fiber, and the 7.4 has carbon fiber forks. Its supposed to go on sale in March, so we'll buy it then. I think the list price was $769 or thereabouts. I have no idea what the sale price will be. 

I took my first spin class today. I definitely used muscles that have not had attention for a while. It was a pretty good workout. I'll start adding it into my workout rotations. 

cabin111
on 2/28/16 5:36 pm, edited 2/28/16 9:35 am

Hi John...Just wanted to say that you are making a good choice with the FX 7.4.  I looked at it, but choose the 7.3 and am happy with it.  The 7.4 had a few more bells and whistles, but for the cost I didn't think it was worth it (for my needs).  I can't tell you how much fun I've had with my 7.3...Like a kid in a candy shop.  Brian

Don 1962
on 2/28/16 7:32 am

Last week: 177.8

This week: 176.4

Down 1.4  Maybe not all due to living "right".  Been puny last few days.  Change in weather, things are budding out and my snot box is on OT!  Been running and gunning like a mofo last few days too.  Told the GF only if the house was on fire were we getting off the top of the Hill today.  Have some piddly parts of remodel to work on today too.  Be glad when all done and house back in order.  With GF working can only work on it on weekends.

Go do your thing!

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Qajohn
on 2/28/16 10:22 am, edited 2/28/16 3:11 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

I was in Texas all last week (Dallas and Houston as well as I-45 between them). I most definitely did not "Live" right . Too may customers and vendors. Except for one particularly challenging Mexican lunch, had dinner at pretty nice places. Limited carbs, but could have held back on the wine for sure. Got my head on straight Friday when I got home and slammed the brakes on my eating. 

BTW - I'm a big fan of the Beef Jerky at Woody's Smokehouse in Centerville. 

Don 1962
on 2/28/16 11:52 am

Woody's good eats.  Buckee's may have more bathrooms but food better at Woody's.

If you were running I-45 should have let me known when you were in or near Corsicana and I'd come hollered at you.

Qajohn
on 2/28/16 12:50 pm - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

I'll do that. I can also stay in Waxahachie the next time I visit our plant in Midlothian. Could meet halfway.

MassHockey
on 2/28/16 8:28 am

HW (September, 2015): 321

RNY: October 7, 2015

LW: 195.4

CW: 194.0

It sounds silly but I'm glad to see my weightloss slowing down.  For a couple months after surgery, I was losing 5 pounds per week consistently.  Then I went to 3 pounds every week.  Now I've changed nothing and am down to losing a pound or two each week.  I'm assuming that means I'm getting closer to my ideal weight.  I'm comfortablw where I am....but I know it will never be easier to lise than right now, so I'm torn about what I should do.  I'd like my body to just make the devision for me.

You guys who have been diung it for years are really something.  God bless you for the inspiration you provide to the rest of us.  I really hope to be able to maintain like you guys.

Qajohn
on 2/28/16 10:25 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

Just let your body decide. It will settle into its comfort zone. I kept changing my goals as I was losing weight because it seems it will never stop. I got down to 190 +/- before I bounced back a bit. Now I work to stay in the 195 range. Its not easy. 

Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 24 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 24 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 58 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 81 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 92 views