on 3/13/16 4:41 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

337.6: High weight Dec '13

311.3: Surgery day 1/16/14

191.8: 1st Surgiversary

199.2: 2nd Surgiversary

197.6: Last Weigh in (2/28/14)

196.2: CW

I was away from home 12 of 14 days in the last two weeks. When I got home, I weighed myself and there was a 2 in front of the weight. It was time to get busy. I dropped my carbs significantly, I dropped my calories significantly, I drank more water (more than a gallon yesterday) and significantly increased my workouts (an hour spin class after a heavy legs day is not always a good idea). In any case, my weight dropped like crazy. I have a lot of travel with not so good eating days in front of me, so I'll keep the pressure on my diet and exercise as long as I can.

I'm realizing how much mindless eating has krept into my routine in the last year. I've resisted the nighttime snack through shear will, but I'm learning I don't need them, I want them. I need to relearn how to get through the evening. 

I have a very early flight next sunday, so I will not be checking in. Can someone else please kick us off? 

Have a great week everyone. 

MassHockey
on 3/13/16 5:02 am

Congrats on getting right back on the horse, QaJohn!  I'm terrified of how I'll react to a real setback when it comes.  I've never been real "resilient" in my diet....bad days have always snowballed into bad weeks for me.  Hoping that the "honeymoon" period I'm in prepares me for the work thats ahead.

Really good week for me.  Rode the eliptical a ton.  My hockey league will start up at the end of March and I'm looking forward to seeing how it feels to play without the hundred pound anchor I had been carrying around. All is good here.

HW (September 2015): 321

RNY: October 7, 2015

LW: 192.2

CW: 186.8

Qajohn
on 3/13/16 10:35 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

Maintenance is tough. You know what to do, but the mind has its own plans sometimes. In my opinion its way harder than losing. 

Don 1962
on 3/13/16 8:07 am

Last week: 177.6

This week: 177.2

Holding my own but the red line is still eluding me.  Nobody's fault but mine.  Have been hitting the treadmill like a demon and have upped the speed.  Hopefully will stimulate the losing again if not will up the performance anyway.

Interesting week work wise this week.  Had several small tornadoes, EF-0 and EF-1's, that came through the area.  Where I work was okay.  To the South and East of us were effected.  Nobody was hurt but trees across houses and or outbuildings are impressive things to see. 

Sunday chores loom. 

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Ohiodietguy
on 3/13/16 8:21 am, edited 3/13/16 12:19 am

Good Morning Guys-  Thanks QAJohn   Thanks for keeping this post going I appreciate your dedication.  It sound like you were able to reverse the weight gain quickly! Which is great. I struggle with mindless eating and night time eating so I can relate.

MassHockey congrats for going from 321 to 186 in less then six months that is great.

I have had a good week.  NSV completed a local community 10K walk that I have not participated in for at least 20 years so that was fun and my time was about 1 hour and 38 minutes which I am happy with . Then I went to this new place in our town where the floor is all trampolines and I took my kids and we jumped on a trampoline for about an hour. That is great workout, I did not realize jumping like that was so much great exercise.  I am thankful for my surgeon and weight loss center, my wife's continual support for the past 6+ most and I am thankful for everyone who posts here on obesityhelp.com.  In Jan last year I weighed 337 and suffered from chronic pain and could not even walk to the end of my short driveway to get the mail out of the mail box.  Today I weigh 217.4 and have lost about 120lbs since last Feb 2015.  I never thought I would be able to lose this much weight! Also my pain is almost gone, I contribute that to taking Vitamin D3 every day and a combination weight loss. I cannot tell you how badly I was treated by the medical profession for 4+ years while suffering from chronic pain. I was really unable to  only leave my house to go to work , the weekends were spent at home unable to do much except watching tv and reading. So I feel like I have been given a new life and I am very happy!  After reading the article Understanding Post-Op Weight Regain & Revision Surgery on the front page of obesithelp.com, it seems like an ominous warning and kind of took some of my happiness away. 15% REGAIN.

""More commonly, the pouch enlarges or the opening between the pouch and intestine dilates. The pouch or the opening may be tightened up either surgically or endoscopically.  A sense of fullness may be restored but tends to lessen over time as the tissues stretch and adapt to the volume of food. An option is to place an Adjustable Band around the pouch ("Band Over Bypass"). Volume and tightness can be altered to fit the patient's needs, however, a metabolic reboot similar to that seen with Gastric Bypass does not occur""

All I can do is continue to watch and monitor my diet and try to get as much exercise every day as I can. I may have to eventually join a gym. I saw where plant fitness is advertising $10 per month?  Would anyone recommend planet fitness?  The weather in the fall/winter and the time change in October really cut into my walking time outside.

I want to be realistic for the past 2 weeks I have had one bad side effect that I have been dealing with and that is liquid bowel movements.  Any suggestions on how to control that?  I return to the doctor in early May and will discuss with him then if it continues. Anyone else had this problem?  Just a few months ago I was having constipation and the doctor recommended a product called Calm.  I take 2 chewable fiber tablets per day.  Has anyone experienced this problem and if you have any recommendations. 

Here are the numbers :)

Feb 2015  337

Surgery Weight RNY October 2015    318.5

Current weight : 217.4

Current BMI :  27.17

Goal Weight  195

Goal BMI    24.9

total weight loss  120lbs

Also I went from a size 56 waist to a size 40 waist.

Keep fighting the good fight against weight regain! Have a good week!

Starting Weight 337  Current Weight 178.4 BMI 22.3 

IWANT2BEHEALTHY
on 3/13/16 8:59 am, edited 3/13/16 12:57 am
VSG on 03/16/15

I've upped the ride times to 1 hour ever other day. I did 15 miles yesterday. So I'm just smooth rolling at easy pace.

.so the weigh in

Highest =427

Day of surgery  (3-16-15)=362

Last week=238

Today=239

I feel great and my endurance is up. I have started coaching lacrosse Tuesday and Thursdays and I ran the drills with the kids. I don't think I could be adding muscle at a pound a week? I will monitor this as I continue to document all of my food and water intake. I have my 1 year doctors visit monday. Should be interesting . I can't believe I am so far down and how much my life has changed in only a year. Thanks for everyone here for being supportive and having this to keep us all accountable 

Ht:6'5 Start weight 427, surgery weight=362 current weight 238 goal weight unsure?

Qajohn
on 3/13/16 10:43 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

So after quite a bit of research, I've decided on the Trek FX 7.4. There is a sale going on until the middle of April, so I'll buy when I get back from Colorado in a couple weeks. 

I added spin classes to my cardio routine at the gym. I've been doing them after I lift, so my gym time gets long. I think that I am getting in better shape to ride bikes when I get them. 

IWANT2BEHEALTHY
on 3/14/16 10:37 am
VSG on 03/16/15

I think you will enjoy the hybrid bike. Let me know what they can give it to you for. 

I am actually looking for a road bike as I think I will be doing more long rides in the future.

Ht:6'5 Start weight 427, surgery weight=362 current weight 238 goal weight unsure?

Qajohn
on 3/14/16 10:44 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

The sale price is $699

billmacc7
on 3/13/16 3:58 pm - MA

High-346

Low-196

Last Week-210

Today-209

Another drop in scale! I want to contribute to better eating but more likely due to increase in exercise...whatever the cause makes me happy!!

Water-Good

Vitamins-On Spot

Exercise-5 of 7 did some type of exercise. Some cardio as well as strength training.

NSV of the week...Participated in a Spinathon at the Y that my family has a membership and took part in 5 sessions totaling 45 miles on Spin Bike!!

Yours in WLS,

Bill Mac

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 18 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 18 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 52 views