on 6/5/16 5:01 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

337.6: High weight Dec '13

311.3: Surgery day 1/16/14

191.8: 1st Surgiversary

199.2: 2nd Surgiversary

195.6: Last Weigh in

194.8: CW

My weight is still going on the right direction. Fewer calories and more cardio are the likely reasons. Vitamins and Water are doing great. I could still do some better work on my diet though. 

Summer is fully here finally. Its time to get outside more and enjoy the great weather. Although I'll probably get my cardio from a spin class today, I am getting out more often with my bike. I wish my wife was interested in doing more biking because there are some great clubs and activities that go along with that hobby. 

I'm wrestling with making a deal with the devil today. I've had Directv for many years, but I know I'm getting screwed (with no kiss or anything) every month. I checked Xfinity and I can get basically the same service with faster internet for about $150/month less than what I'm paying now. I had Comcast in the past, and wasn't really satisfied, but jeez, its such a price difference. I wish I had some other choices, but I'm stuck between these two. I'll probably pull the trigger this week. 

Have a great week!!

MassHockey
on 6/5/16 5:28 am

HW(September 2015): 321

RNY: October 7, 2015

LW: 180

CW: 177

Back on track after my beach trip knocked me off the path last week.  Great weather means I'm outside....usually yardwork but its better than staying in.

Preaching to the choir (and its terribly obvious but it keeps occuring to me), But its amazing how much more productive I am without the extra 120.  Yesterday, I mowed and weedwacked the whole lawn, pulled weeds, eliminated poison ivy, went to my daughters soccer game, and grilled dinner.  And I still had time for a couple adult beverages as the sun went down.  I could get use to this "not being fat" thing.

Thanx for the Ali quote.  His death saddens me.

Ohiodietguy
on 6/5/16 7:20 am, edited 6/5/16 12:22 am

Good Morning Guys!

High Weight 337

Surgery Weight  318.5

Last week 182

Current Weight  178.4

Starting BMI 43

Current BMI 22.3

Well this has been a good week considering I lost 3 lbs.  I will take the weight loss. I had been at 182 for a long time.  I am still training for a half marathon. I jogged 6 miles on Friday and 8.6 miles on Saturday morning. I am taking today Sunday completely off and resting. I am feeling guilty for not at least going to the gym this morning and getting on the elliptical and stairmaster.  I started reading a running book by Jeff Galloway last night and he emphasizes the need to rest the leg muscles between workouts. (not sure if this is a good strategy or not)

I am still looking for information about how to Eat properly with RNY and training for a half marathon.  (the recommended diets are completely opposite)   The typical sports diet is all about the carbs and I am all about eating Protein and no carbs.  My consumption of fruit has greatly increased I am eating grapes, strawberries and peaches and I know I am getting a lot of sugar and carbs from the fruit. I had a lot of fatigue yesterday after 8 miles and about 2 hours after the jog I ate for the first time in at least 7 or 8 months a baked potato with butter and it was delicious.  Later I had more energy and felt better. I am still a slow jogger at 13-14 minute miles, I am just trying to concentrate on at least I am exercising and getting activity even though I don't have any speed.

I wish I could get motivated to ride my bike like you mentioned above. I spent some money on getting my bike repaired and have been out a couple of times.  There are people riding bikes on the state highway I live on all of the time, but I am concerned about getting hit by a car?  Any tips on how to get motivated to get out there and start riding?

I joined obesityhelp.com in April of 2015 when I weighed at least 320-330. It is hard for me to believe in 14 months I weigh 178. I am thankful today for being able to go to watch a baseball game and sit in a normal seat and just fitting in seats in general. When I weighed 337 I could not fit in any seats anywhere.  I am blessed with so much more energy now then before. I don't know how many of you remember but in addition to obesity I suffered from chronic pain for about 4 years and had trouble walking to the end of my driveway and had a handicap sticker from the doctors office.  I guess the extra 155lbs was putting an incredible strain on my back and causing terrible pain. I feel so much better today I feel like a new person. Thanks for letting me share my story and thanks for everyone who posts here. Your weight loss inspires me to continue on.  -Thanks have a great week!

Starting Weight 337  Current Weight 178.4 BMI 22.3 

cabin111
on 6/5/16 5:22 pm

Having been around these boards for so many years...I'll just tell you what I've seen concerning marathon running and WLS.  Since you are near or at goal weight, I will say that many (most) distant runners (post WLS) "carb load" for their long runs.  Years ago on the Exercise and Fitness Forum  http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/fitness/

we had 3 people do triathlons (two men and a woman)...They had to carb load to get through.  Concerning bike riding...To find the best routes go to Google maps and find your area.  In the menu drop down area click on it and look for "bicycling"...It will show you the local routes mapped out in your area.  Enjoy the ride.  Brian

Ohiodietguy
on 6/5/16 8:02 pm

Thank you for taking the time to respond 

Also thank you for the information about carboloading and it sounds like a great way to find bicycle routes in my area 

Thank you have a good week!

Starting Weight 337  Current Weight 178.4 BMI 22.3 

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 6/6/16 6:21 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

This is true, but not even just for bariatric patients. Many athletes (especially the endurance type) will carb load before a big event. I did a century ride on my bike back in 2008 or 2009 (100 miles) and was around 250 pounds. The ENTIRE ride had a huge banquet dinner the night before (thousands of us) and we ALL gorged on spaghetti

I imagine to do an endurance event post WLS would ABSOLUTELY require carb loading, but a much higher attentive effort of doing it. Several meals probably for a few days. Have to build it up since we cant eat very much...

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

billmacc7
on 6/6/16 6:14 pm - MA

Just to reinforce the other comments. I am 5 years post op. I have done 5k's to a full marathon and Triathalons.  I did not carb load as I don't think it is a good choice.  Still hydration is KEY as well as trying to supplement during races.  Best of. Luck on your training!

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

IWANT2BEHEALTHY
on 6/5/16 8:09 am
VSG on 03/16/15

Good morning and congratulations to everyone for keeping themselves accountable. Keep up the good fight.

Highest =427

Day of surgery =362

Last week=238

Today =239

Not bad as I am in maintenance mode and I dropped a lb last week. I did have coffee then 2 eggs abut 40 min later and remembered I forgot to weigh in. So I'm probably pretty close to the same .

It is so awesome being able to fit into seats and ride bikes and walk and  climb and jog. Thank God I was able to get this surgery. I would sometimes like someone to ride with but then your have to work on pacing to them or they to you. My pace differs some days on how I feel so I've done my 9.3 mile ride in 42 min and the same loop 2 days later at 36 min. I to worry about some stupid ass texting or just plain old not seeing me. I continue to modify my route to avoid cars completely.  I was planning on doing two laps thus Saturday and I could not break free. Now the weather is threatening rain. WTF. It is funny I get bothered when I can't go riding outside. Before I would be bothered having to get off the couch because I forgot the velvetta dip on the kitchen counter. 

Have a GREAT week!!

Eric

Ht:6'5 Start weight 427, surgery weight=362 current weight 238 goal weight unsure?

NateH
on 6/5/16 12:45 pm
VSG on 09/26/14

For the second time in my life I broke a scale this week. Good news, this time it wasn't because I weigh too much! My digital scale took a crap on me this weekend so I'm flying blind on the numbers. The exercise, diet, vitamins and water are all on point so no issues there. The weight has ticked up ever so slightly; I've "gained" 2.5 pounds in the last 3 months. I'd like to get back to where I was, but honestly niggling over 3 pounds feels so petty once you lose 260. ;) 

Dream weight is something I've been thinking about and I'd put mine at 188. How did I pick that? Randomly. Actually just something very, very safe to keeping way under my "normal" BMI. For my height, my "normal" weight can be 199.9. So I think 11 pounds of cushion would serve me well. Plus, it's a goal so far away (honestly) that it's just that preverbal carrot dangling in front of me that I may never catch but keeps me honest and working towards something "real". 

HW: 450
SW: 428 9/26/14
Reached 'normal' BMI (24.9) with a weight of 199.9: 2/5/2016

billmacc7
on 6/5/16 1:47 pm - MA

High-346

Low-196

Last Week-211

Today-212

Slight uptick in scale...not good...going to track my food to try to stem the tide :(

Water-Gotta Improve!

Vitamins-On Spot

Exercise-Solid worked out 5 of 7 days!

NSV of the week...Changed clothes for summer and everything from last year still fits!

Yours in WLS,

Bill Mac

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 30 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 30 views
St. Patty's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 63 views