311.3: Surgery day 1/16/14

191.8: 1st Surgiversary

199.2: 2nd Surgiversary

195.6: Last Weigh in

196.6: CW

Diet 

Exercise 

Vitamins 

It would be hard to have a worse week than last week. I was in classrooms all week with catered lunches and dinners with vendors. Too much crap to eat and too little movement. No travel this week, so I'm hopeful that I can get all three back in line.

I was wondering why I seemed smarter after surgery, now I know the answer!!! My weapons grade flatulence actually has a purpose. Now when you're suffering from protein farts, you have an actual excuse. Let me know how that works for you .

British Study on flatulence

I'm on vacation next week, so I won't be weighing in. I hope you all have a great Independence Day weekend. Please don't forget that freedom isn't free, and that while we have a great country today, the way we are likely to lose this hard fought freedom is to give it away. Remember this as we amp up the political process. 

Ohiodietguy
on 6/26/16 7:27 am

Hi Guys,

John thanks for the hilarious photograph and link to the article.  Yes I have terrible gas sometimes painful from all of the protein supplements.  My weight today is 175.8, my weight really fluctuates I could wake up tomorrow and weight 178. I am still training for a half marathon.  I am not sure if my back, knees will take it but I may think about training for a marathon in the first week of November. I am very slow and it will take  6 1/2 hours to jog 26.2 miles.  Not sure if I can make it or not? I do have a question about vitamins, last Sunday on Father Day around 2:00 I was very weak, drained tired and had to sit down for almost 2 plus hours.  I am already feeling that way again today  . I normally take my multi- pak bari vitamins twice per day once in the morning and once at night.  Yesterday I felt drained again and took a 3rd pack mid way through the day.  Also today I have already taken a 2nd pack of vitamins.  What do you guys think about taking extra vitamins? I am also taking b12 and vitamin d3. plus 60 grams of iron per day. I jogged 14 miles Friday morning and 8 miles this morning and I just think it is wearing me out.  Good news on Friday I was able to take a gel pack of GU 22 grams of carbs at mile 13 and did not experience dumping syndrome.  Getting 22 grams of carbs w  no protein is a scary thought for me.  I tried get carbs for the past month from grapes and strawberries when i started jogging, but they do not stay with me long enough and spend too much time running to the bathroom when i eat too much fruit.  John I hope you get back on track this week while on vacation.  Have a good week everyone!

Starting Weight 337  Current Weight 178.4 BMI 22.3 

Qajohn
on 6/26/16 7:43 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

Make sure you're taking a good sublingual B12. Also, I assume your getting routine blood draws. Also, I'm assuming you're taking the correct iron. Both of these will effect your energy. Only a minority of RnY patients actually dump. I think you are safe with the carbs if you are doing a long workout. Your body is consuming the glycogen and it needs to be replaced. 

Ohiodietguy
on 6/26/16 8:04 am

Thanks I appreciate it! Have a good vacation!

billmacc7
on 6/26/16 7:18 pm - MA

High-346

Low-196

Last Week-212

Today-217

OK not happy with scale!!!!Why???? It shows what I Am doing and not doing....I AM ACCOUNTABLE FOR FOOD IN AND EXERCISE ...starting NOW need to get back to basics

Water-Gotta Improve! Too much coffee that I count as water,,,

Vitamins-On Spot

Exercise-Limited

NSV of the week...family mini vacation to NH was enjoyable and relaxing!

Yours in WLS,

Bill Mac ?

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

Ohiodietguy
on 6/27/16 8:00 am

Hi Billmacc7, It is very difficult to see that kind of weight gain especially when you are following the rules. I know at some point I will be facing the same problem. I noticed that since I have started jogging I have had a huge increase in my appetite. Also I noticed  at 7 mos post surgery I started being hungry all of the time.  It is easy for me to give advice or suggestions, so I will not do that.  Hope you can lose some of the gain. I have been reading on obesityhelp.com that sometimes at some point people regain 20-30 lbs? Have a good vacation! When I gained 5 lbs I found out it was from eating way too much salt and I was holding water .

Don 1962
on 6/27/16 3:31 am

Last week: 178.4

This week: 178.2

If the study is correct I'll live past 100 and my IQ is sure to go up! 

Think I need a new set of scales or change the battery.

Have a Great Week!

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

GregVSG1961
on 6/27/16 6:26 am - Wesson, MS

Still stuck right around 232.  been there or bouncing around there since the first of April.  Want to loose another 25 or so.  Exercise is OK as far as walking.  Had to lay off working on the bowflex since I strained my back on it about a month back. Going to try it again tonight when I get back from my walk.  Diet is really good to have no result.  Water is fair, better some days than others.  Vitamins are good.

Starting a "pouch" reset today.  First two days of liquids.  I'll be a joy to be around I'm sure, but hope it will jar the weight loss back into gear. 

Y'all hang in there.  

Greg

HW 9-11-15, 354

SW 11-23-15, 305

NateH
on 6/29/16 6:59 am
VSG on 09/26/14
NateH
on 6/29/16 7:01 am
VSG on 09/26/14

I'm a little late, but here are my numbers from Sunday:

HW: 450