Lyme Disease

billmacc7
on 7/7/16 12:25 pm - MA

Hello All,

I had been more sick since 4th of July since I had RNY 5 1/2 years ago. I went to my Primary Care Physician this morning. He diagnosed me with Lyme Disease. I will be on antibiotics for 3 weeks. He said it seems we caught it early which is a good thing.

The reason I am posting this is to see if anyone post op has had to deal with this. If so, any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated!

One interesting thing is as a result of appetite I have lost 5 pounds....still how I have felt is not at all worth it!

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

Qajohn
on 7/7/16 3:19 pm - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

That's a tough way to lose weight. Hope you feel better soon. Living in Mn, I worry about Lyme disease all the time. Glad you got it diagnosed early. 

Joshua H.
on 7/11/16 7:17 am
VSG on 10/26/16

My sole tick experience was at Lake Vermilion up in the arrowhead.  I picked up a tick on my leg tromping through the brush.  It's removal involved my father holding my leg steady in a 'leg bar' (that's what I'm going to call it) and my 70 year old Great Aunt using her cigarette to coax the tick out of my leg.

In that I didn't understand the process initially, there was quite a bit of thrashing and freaking out and my salty Great Aunt saying supportive things like "Keep that d*@& kid still so I don't burn him!"

Good times. 

billmacc7
on 7/7/16 4:08 pm - MA

Thank you for the response! Hope medicine help

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

IWANT2BEHEALTHY
on 7/8/16 8:30 am
VSG on 03/16/15

I hope you have a quick and complete recovery my brother. I also worry about hiking through the woods these days. That's the friggin  luck we have, we get healthy by loosing weight. Go hike through the woods, get lyme disease. . 

Ht:6'5 Start weight 427, surgery weight=362 current weight 238 goal weight unsure?

billmacc7
on 7/8/16 9:11 am - MA

Thanks for the kind response I appreciate it! 

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

Joshua H.
on 7/11/16 7:19 am
VSG on 10/26/16

I haven't had to deal with it, but I wish you a speedy recovery.

Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 35 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 35 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 61 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 81 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 94 views