3 more days

BigTex87
on 9/26/16 10:35 am
Revision on 09/29/16

Hey there new friends,

I am new here. I am scheduled for a lab band to bypass revision this Thursday. I am ready to have it done, this liquid diet is killing me, but I am staying strong. I have lost about 12lbs in 11 days. Does anyone have any advice for after surgery? What can I expect as far as pain? How much have yall lost your first month? I was at a high of 330lbs in Dec2014. I was 291lbs at my preop and am 280lbs now. My goal is conservative at about 180lbs, but if I could get to my medically ideal weight. That would be great.

Thank you all in advance for any help and support.

Don 1962
on 9/26/16 3:36 pm

Howdy!

Take it you hail from the Great State of Texas?  I'm an hour S/SE of the Metroplex.

Every body's ride is different.  Best advice I've got you'll find in my signature line.

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

(deactivated member)
on 9/27/16 8:23 pm

Congrats on losing 50lbs already without surgery. That's a great accomplishment, and don't worry about pain. You will not have any issue dealing with post surgery pain. Just do what the doctor say and you'll be fine.

As far as your goal weight, it makes no difference. I'm always surprised how people keep having a goal weight. Your body will determine the right number and you just need to focus on following a plan to eat right and get some exercise. You'll end up in the right place eventually and you'll be happy with the change. 

Don't worry about the first month. After 2 to 3 weeks, I thought I lost about 20lbs but it only ended up being about 7 or 8lbs. It didn't matter and after 9 months, I was down 150lbs without doing anything other than sticking to the plan. My numbers are similar to yours and I ended up going well below my goal but if I had been 20lbs higher, I still would have been good with it.

Hang in there and brace for an interesting ride. 

Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 30 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 30 views
St. Patty's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 63 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 88 views