191.8: 1st Surgiversary

199.2: 2nd Surgiversary

194.8: Last Weigh in

197.2: CW

Food: C-

Water: A

Vitamins: B

Exercise: D

Pretty bad week for me. I feel like its getting harder to stay focused on health and fitness these days, and I can't put my finger on why. Basically, I'm getting lazy with food and exercise. The good news is recent blood work has me doing very well. I just need to get back on the exercise and food bandwagon. 

No Michigan game yesterday, so I basically gave my wife a saturday off of football. The Lions are on local TV here in Minneapolis today, so I'll get a chance to watch them a bit. Other than that, my life is boring these days. 

Have a great week all.

Don 1962
on 10/16/16 1:40 pm

Last week - 178.0
This week - 178.0

Holding steady so no complaint other than being three over where I really want to be.

Took double OT but BYU beat M-State Friday evening.  Cowboys and Packers today.  Romo/Prescott QB controversy heating up in Cowboy land.  No debate for me.  Dak wins today Romo is good as gone.  We're winning.  Don't fix it if it ain't broke!  Rangers are out of the baseball playoffs for this year.

Yesterday local fall festival.  Not as well attended as in years past.  All I know is that it was Day 6 for me and my ass was dragging by the time I loaded my Mule up to come home.  Got slammed Friday and have reports from those calls to do when I go in tomorrow.  Tuesday have the PCP in the morning and DDS that afternoon. 

Go do your thing!

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

billmacc7
on 10/16/16 5:51 pm - MA
billmacc7
on 10/16/16 5:52 pm - MA

High-346

Low-196

Last Week-213

Today-214

Slight Uptick in scale..too many poor choices in terms of my diet! Feel your pain QA John. I am coming up on 6 years postop. No question Maintenance is a B***h!! Still, I will keep fighting as it is worth the struggles!!

Food: D

Water-C

Vitamins-A

Exercise-A

NSV of the Week-attended UMASS Band Day and my two youngest children played at Gillette Stadium during halftime of College game between UMASS & LA Tech!!

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

Ohiodietguy
on 10/17/16 9:34 am, edited 10/17/16 2:37 am

Hey Guys!  

Havent checked in for a while. Wanted to see how you guys are doing.  I am at the one year point and had a good one year follow up with the surgeon.  I guess last April 2015 when I was in his office I weighed 184 and then on 10/3 I weighed 181.  So I guess my weight was good and so far no phone calls about problems with the lab work- So I guess that is good news too! 

Last Friday I weighed 177.  My weight fluctuates between 177 to 180.  For me at least it was kind of a crazy weekend.  

On Saturday I ran 19.9 miles and it took me 4 hours and 30 minutes - training for a marathon.  Then on Sunday  I was in a local half marathon 13 miles 2 hours and 42 minutes.  Well I guess I have tons of excuses to overeat, but like I a have said before (sorry if I amthe broken record). When I jog 33 miles in 2 days,  it makes me RAVENOUS!! and I could not stop eating.  So on Monday morning at 5:00 am I get up to go to the gym and I weighed 181.00 .  I really get frustrated when I spend all weekend running and then I wake up an gain 4 lbs. Just some general frustration on my part. So today I am tracking my food Carbs and Protein Grams and using my fitnesspal.

QAJohn and billmac, I can completely relate!  I don't know why?? but it seems like as time goes by watching the food and eating healthy becomes more difficult.  I am training for my first marathon on Saturday November 5th.  After this weekend and half marathon, I am very concerned about not being completely prepared for 26 miles and yet I only have 2-3 weeks left to train. One of those weeks we are going out of town for a family vacation. I am planning on running most of the days that I am gone. It will require extra effort. The  furthest I have ever jogged is 21 miles. I am better now but for about 2 weeks I had an injured muscle in my leg and that really cut into my training.  It has been a few weeks ago, but  I was able to go on my first long bike ride of 38 miles. So glad to get on the bike.  I am 51 and may be too old but around Labor Day next year there is a Sprint Triathlon in my town 400 meters swimming, 40 mile bike ride, and 5k run.  I think it would be fun to train for, but it is a matter of finding the extra time and motivation and fighting the winter weather.  Hope you guys have a good week Keep on fighting the good fight!! 

Starting Weight 337  Current Weight 178.4 BMI 22.3 

billmacc7
on 10/17/16 7:13 pm - MA

Great post! Glad to hear you're doing so well. In terms of your marathon I can only speak from experience. In my training for this I wanted was 20 miles. I was terrified that I wouldn't  be able to do the whole 26.2 miles the day of the race. However it turned out I was able to and finished in a little over five hours. I also have done a couple of sprint try  triathlons. Stick with the training I will be pulling for you the day of your race! 

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

Ohiodietguy
on 10/17/16 7:34 pm

Thanks I appreciate it

Starting Weight 337  Current Weight 178.4 BMI 22.3 

Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 30 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 30 views