TSA Rant !!!

Qajohn
on 12/11/16 2:20 pm - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

Depending on the day, I've lost somewhere in the range of 140 - 145 pounds. While I'm more than pleased with that, I do have a flap of skin on my belly. 

I travel enough that I use TSA Pre to get through security, but occasionally I get flagged for a random search. Every damn time I go through the full body scanner that damn thing picks up that skin flap and I have to get a full pat down. I bet I was asked 6 times this week if I had a money belt on after going through the scanner. It's humiliating having a some guy run his hand under that flap looking for contraband that's not there. No amount of talking to the agent will convince him its skin. 

These body scanners have been nothing but trouble since they were put in. There has to be a better way. 

Don 1962
on 12/11/16 3:48 pm

I don't travel as much as you do but I can damn sure feel your aggravation with TSA based on my encounters with them.

Garland, TX Police Dept. has done more in the fight on terrorism than the TSA!  I hope under the new President that the TSA becomes history!

NateH
on 12/11/16 5:15 pm
VSG on 09/26/14

OMG, I just had this same thing last week. I tuck skin into pants and belt it down to 'smoosh' things out. The TSA guy was all up inside my belt and made me untuck my shirt so he could see it was skin and not "an extra bag". Like, really? He was nice about it and I understand he was just doing his job but it was so uncomfortable. 

HW: 450
SW: 428 9/26/14
Reached 'normal' BMI (24.9) with a weight of 199.9: 2/5/2016

okiepirate
on 1/22/17 6:17 pm
VSG on 11/08/14

I feel your pain.  The damn scanners are also good at detecting sweat blobs.  Absolute waste of money.  Metal detectors are actually the most important tool there.  You can't make a big "boom" with a fuse, you need a blasting cap and those are all metal.

Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 30 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 30 views
St. Patty's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 63 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 88 views