199.2: 2nd Surgiversary

201.6: 3rd Surgiversary

203.2: Last Weigh in

202.2: CW

Food: C

Water: A

Vitamins: B+

Exercise: D+

No check in last week as I was busy flying home from Florida. These last two weeks were wildly different. The week I was on vacation, I had quite a bit of exercise from walking around SeaWorld, Discovery Cove and Busch Gardens, along with quite a bit of swimming at Discovery Cove. That was tempered by a crazy bad diet. Last week, the workouts were weak, but my diet was much much better. This week I'm not traveling again, so I'm going to step up the workouts. I need to keep my diet in check again. Next week I start my heavy travel season through June, so I have a lot of work to do. Also, I am most definitely seeing a "Trump Bump" in optimism of our customers which means more business and more travel this year than I was originally planning.

It's fantastic seeing all the new names that are posting on the Men's group. Thanks for stopping by. Speaking only for myself, I like this weekly check in as a way to hold myself accountable. Hopefully we can add to the folks updating here.

Have a great week everyone.  

Don 1962
on 2/26/17 8:12 am

Last week - 180.2
This week - 181.4

Those little gremlins have gotten ahold of my vest and duty rig as well!  Long as I don't start letting out on the duty rig I'm okay with number on scale even though I want it to go lower.  In a NSV of sorts I recently got four new uniform shirts - still in a medium after six years of working there. 

Know cause of uptick on scales.  Two birthdays this week meant cake  or mini SF pecan pies.  I'm now officially eligible for the senior discount at  IHOP.

Y'all go do your thing!

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

82much
on 2/26/17 8:41 am
VSG on 11/28/16

Don, your signature line is so true!  While starting my two week pre op diet,and while t work, i let out what I thought was an innocent little blast .  A short minute later I was in the men's room, cutting my underwear off with a pocket knife so the semi contained contents would not spill.  The rest of the day was spent commando.  :-)  I've kept an extra pair in my car since then.

Don 1962
on 2/26/17 1:55 pm

It is rule numero uno post WLS!  Crosses all social, economic, racial, sexual orientation, gender lines and surgery types.  Even at almost 9 years out if there is any doubt about what is going on - I'm hunting porcelain. 

82much
on 2/26/17 8:34 am
VSG on 11/28/16

232 on home scale,  Although the scale at my Nutritionist appointment Friday said 236.

HW 290 July 2016

Weather is slightly improving, I hope to start walking for exercise!  That is the hardest component for me.  I just hate it. :-)

Qajohn
on 2/26/17 10:20 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

I always weigh myself the same way (Post dump, and pre liquids in the morning), so I have a consistent number. I really don't care what an individual number is, I'm looking for consistency and trends which I can get from weighing myself on the same scale all the time. 

yvranx42
on 2/26/17 5:43 pm
VSG on 02/01/17

High weight (June 2011): 328

Pre surgery weight (2/1/17): 283

Last week: 256.0

This week: 250.5

This was my first week eating non-liquids. I've been eating a lot of salmon. Tried having an egg this morning and it was trouble.

Exercise has been really good this week. I woke up early to do about one Game of Thrones episode on the elliptical machine four days during the week, and my wife and I took our girls on a 4 mile hike on Saturday. Carrying the backpack with all the drinks and jackets was so easy - just another 15 lbs on me when I had more weight on me than that a month ago.

I have my first business trip since the surgery startIng tomorrow. I will probably be heavily reliant on protein shakes Monday through Friday.

I already weigh less than I did when I got married in 2005. Tried on my tux from the wedding last week and added it to the donation pile. So happy with my decision!!

Qajohn
on 2/26/17 7:57 pm - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

THose NSV's just keep piling up. 

Great Job

billmacc7
on 2/26/17 7:10 pm - MA

High-346

Low-196

Last Week-223

Today-226

The hard truth is my eating has been awful at best. I have been trying to control it but to no avail. I am going to try to go back to the star****er, logging, vitamins..not going to focus on scale but on following the program of post op WLS.

I had gone in last Wednesday for an incision hernia. It was not good. Dr informed me that I didn't have a hernia but may be an old hernia that is the problem. Going in to have a CAT scan to see how to proceed. Now I have a hump where incisional site is that is agitated ? 

Food-F

Water-D

Vitamins-A

Exercise-B

NSV-Although I am struggling I am not giving up!!!!

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

Qajohn
on 2/26/17 8:00 pm - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

Sorry to hear about the hernia. Keep your chin up!!

I know very well how hard it is to eat well. I have my own demons I fight every day. 

Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 30 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 30 views
St. Patty's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 63 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 88 views