Catheter

trkr75
on 11/3/17 9:18 pm
VSG on 11/08/17

Ok guys, I will post this here and see if I get any response, if not will head over to the regular forum. All set for my surgery on Wed. not nervous at all, just sort of feeling weird about getting a catheter. Never had one before, I know they put it in when you are out but how bad is it when they pull that thing out of your pecker?

Ken

Ken 5'10" VSG HW-290 SW-265 CW-265 Surgery 11/08/2017

https://trendweight.com/u/31d3fd3359fa4e/

Qajohn
on 11/4/17 7:25 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

I wish I could help, but I wasn't catheterized.

(deactivated member)
on 11/4/17 2:24 pm
VSG on 10/11/16
On November 4, 2017 at 4:18 AM Pacific Time, trkr75 wrote:

Ok guys, I will post this here and see if I get any response, if not will head over to the regular forum. All set for my surgery on Wed. not nervous at all, just sort of feeling weird about getting a catheter. Never had one before, I know they put it in when you are out but how bad is it when they pull that thing out of your pecker?

Ken

I did not have one during surgery, but required it twice afterward, due to aesthesia affecting my bladder. I will tell you the truth. It burned like fire going in, but did not hurt at all coming out. The second time was worse than the first because I knew what was coming. Even so, it was better than the pressure of a completely full bladder. They pulled 500 ml out of me the first time. I thought I was going to explode before they got around to doing the deed.

Once the anesthetic wore off and things started working again, I had a bit of a burning sensation for the next few times peeing, but it was less and less, and disappeared quickly.

trkr75
on 11/4/17 8:39 pm
VSG on 11/08/17

Thanks, that is the only thing semi bothering me. I know it shouldn't be a big deal and I will do what needs to be done, so bring on Wednesday.

Ken

Don 1962
on 11/5/17 7:53 am

It's noting to sweat. Like mentioned previous may have a burning sensation a time or two but still doesn't hurt like a kick in the nuts. When I was in ICU for dehydration several years ago had to have one to empty my bladder and give them accurate measure of urine output vs fluid intake. When I was feeling better a day or two later I was joking that I wish I could have had a cath back in my drinking days. Never would have to get up to go to the john!

Good luck Wednesday and Welcome to the Loser's Bench.

Best advise is in the siggy line!

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Jester
on 11/14/17 1:05 pm
RNY on 03/21/16

It's seriously nothing to worry about but I ABSOLUTELY HATE IT! Seriously, it's the worst part of any surgery to me. They generally put it in while your under, so no issue there. But I find it very irritating on the urethra post-op and can't wait to get it out. Then there is the getting it removed part. I can't say that it's painful per se, but it's very uncomfortable to me. They tell you to relax (apparently clenching is bad and can make it hurt much worse) but it is VERY hard to relax when they are about to pull a tube out of your junk!

Ugh, just thinking about it makes me stressed. Which is ridiculous as it's a really innocuous procedure, but something I can't stand.

Congrats on your surgery, and best of luck! Greatest thing I've ever done. I would have a tube pulled out of my junk all over again if need be ;-)

trkr75
on 11/16/17 12:17 am
VSG on 11/08/17

Well surgery is all over and the Catheter, while not something I want done every day wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and I should have never gave it a second thought.I am down 25lbs since I started the pre-op diet and feeling great. I am actually glad I had it as I was pretty tore up after surgery and can't imagine getting up to take a leak. I was glad to lay right there and let it run into the bag. Funny thing I don't remember much about the recovery room but I do remember telling the nurse I was sorry as I had pissed my self, she said no honey you didn't you have a catheter in... lol I remember telling her that several times and feeling real bad about it. Oh well glad I didn't

(deactivated member)
on 11/16/17 7:04 pm

I am not sure we will be. I am not a guy though. Hee hee

Mine surgery Wednesday aswell. Where and when is yours?

You got this!

Penny

trkr75
on 11/24/17 2:05 am
VSG on 11/08/17

Mine was on November 8th in Nashville, TN

Ken

Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 25 views