199.2: 2nd Surgiversary

201.6: 3rd Surgiversary

210.8 Last Weigh in

212.0: CW

Food: C-

Water: B

Vitamins: A-

Exercise: B

Glad that stretch is over. I tried eating mindfully around the holiday, but I didn't do as well as I should. I pulled up my big boy pants this week, but I'm still up overall. I have A LOT of work to do. The good news is that I'm ramping up my exercise a bit after a while. Now the holy grail is to get my eating in order at the same time I get back to a normal exercise routine.

This time of year is when I normally start checking out of football season. Michigan is done till bowl season and if the Lions lose today.......well lets just say the thrill will be gone. Maybe one day, I'll be able to stay engaged through the end of the season.

Winter seems to finally be around the corner. Its been pretty nice, but now some forecasts are talking about 4-6" of that white crap, with much colder temps. Winter is particularly tough since surgery because I'm still always cold. Time to drag out the winter jackets.

Hope everyone has a great week!

(deactivated member)
on 12/3/17 5:13 am, edited 12/2/17 9:15 pm
VSG on 10/11/16

I am down to 276 on the dot this morning. I normally round up or down depending on where the fraction falls. So if anyone is checking on me, it looks like I lost a whole pound, but my net loss for the week is 1/2 lb. The doc assured me I would be slowing down, so this may be it. He said that two months and 12 lbs ago at my one year check in. Truth be told, with the exception of perhaps losing my flap to surgery, I don't really want to lose any more weight. I am very comfortable where I am at.

Now comes the hard part of not gaining any of it back. Bike riding is out for who knows how long. I hate walking, but I do it every day with the dog. We have a couple of hills that help me keep my cardio training in line as long as I don't dawdle going up. She helps with that, especially if she sees a squirrel. And there are lots of squirrels.

Oh yeah. I really hate this cold bit too. I was out in the woods for hunting season for the first time in many many years. I froze. I had to come in early just to warm up. Of course, all I saw was a chipmunk, so I guess it didn't matter in the end.

SW 481

GW 300

CW 276

Don 1962
on 12/3/17 5:58 am

Image result for pearl harbor pictures

Last week: 189.2

This week: 186.0

Finally! A big move in the right direction! GF being puny and not bringing me, or meeting me for, lunch last week made for more mindful eating at work. To wit more protein bars less bread and chips. Bought new Nikes to walk in yesterday and gave them a whirl when I got home. Light weight shoes - big difference.

Watched some of the football yesterday. No dogs in any of the fights but made for some good viewing and one good upset with Georgia beating Auburn. While the Cowboys did win Thursday afraid their season only has a few weeks of the regular season left as well. Starting to feel the early stages of withdrawal.

Only three weeks left to get your Christmas shopping done!

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

billmacc7
on 12/3/17 7:14 am - MA

High-346

Low-196

Last Week-237

Today-235

Maintenance is a B*** I don't envision getting back to 196 but setting a goal to get back under 230 I Know what to do but like the Nike commercial Just Do it

Food-D

Water-D

Vitamins-A

Exercise-C

Have a happy healthy week!

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

82much
on 12/3/17 7:52 am
VSG on 11/28/16

195.7 Last week
195.7 Today

Food: D
Water: C
Vitamins: A
Exercise: F

It's getting tougher to keep on track after one year of post op. I started weighing myself every morning. Too many goodies around and will power seems to have diminished. Yardwork basically over for the season.

But I will continue on with the battle! :-) My nutritionist is happy at 195, surgeon says 185, I say 174.

At 5'10.5" the actuaries say 174 is normal healthy weight. I have never held that title in my life that I can remember. It's a goal.

See you all next week!

-b0b

(deactivated member)
on 12/4/17 1:03 pm
VSG on 10/11/16
On December 3, 2017 at 3:52 PM Pacific Time, 82much wrote:

195.7 Last week
195.7 Today

Food: D
Water: C
Vitamins: A
Exercise: F

It's getting tougher to keep on track after one year of post op. I started weighing myself every morning. Too many goodies around and will power seems to have diminished. Yardwork basically over for the season.

But I will continue on with the battle! :-) My nutritionist is happy at 195, surgeon says 185, I say 174.

At 5'10.5" the actuaries say 174 is normal healthy weight. I have never held that title in my life that I can remember. It's a goal.

See you all next week!

-b0b

My personal opinion is #$%& the actuaries. I know, they have the power over us when it comes to determining life insurance, health insurance, etc. But the BMI chart is antiquated, based on early 19th century science. Even my surgeon said to pay it no mind. As I have written before, I am about as low as I will be able to get without starting to lose muscle mass, and I am still "obese" at a BMI of 36.4. To satisfy a bunch of pointy heads *****ly on charts and nothing else, I would have to lose another hundred lbs. That ain't happenin'.

cabin111
on 12/5/17 9:52 am

Late again...Sorry. Sunday I was 199.5...During the week I was 201!! Extra eating and no burning off the calories. Today (Tuesday) 197.5 Much better. I'm not exercising, but I'm doing a lot of physical work (pruning grapevines, fruit tree, bushes)...That helps.

I wasn't sleeping well this past week. So I graze in the middle of the night...Which packs on the pounds. If I cut down on the sugar at night and work real hard (physical) during the day, I usually sleep well at night. This also keeps the weight down. So for me; exercise, physical work, less sugar, helps with the sleep and the weight. Common sense I know, but need to keep doing it. Brian

82much
on 12/5/17 5:54 pm
VSG on 11/28/16

Sorry of topic, but is now the time to prune grape vines? I'm in Ohio and I was told to do it in March.

I've alway**** or missed (mostly missed) having a good grape season.

cabin111
on 12/6/17 9:49 am

Two or three things in general...Don't know what varieties of grapes you have.

The best time to prune is after a hard frost. Grapevines (unlike most other fruit) have the liquid and nutrients in the vine move backwards to prepare the vine for the next years growth (after that hard frost). So the vine could be pruned after the first major frost. But also doing it in March means you've had most of the cold weather behind you. If a hard frost/freeze occurs in late Feb/March you can prune back the dead canes from that freeze. Also in Ohio it would be nicer to prune in a warmer day than in December. Below is just a video I pulled off of Youtube on pruning. There are a lot to choose from. In California pruning is different that in other parts of the country. In the video she says two buds. Well here it could be 3,5,7 or more buds...Depending on the variety. Check with your local nursery on how many buds to prune. One last things...Leave a small cane in the middle in the front of the plant (1 to 3 feet high). This cane helps with oxygen. I don't know how that helps...But it does. Brian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XThftJ8CAKQ

cabin111
on 12/6/17 10:00 am, edited 12/6/17 2:04 am

I like this guy's video better. There are 10 ways to prune a grapevine...Most will work. Also the vines are very forgiving...Easy to play with the next year. Brian PS You may want to go to your local nursery and pick up a fungicide or liquid or powder sulfur and a spreader sticker. I just spray them (when I have time) at 4 inch growth and about 12 inch growth. It helps with mold and mildew on the grapes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lU2Ovh7wFJs

Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 29 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 29 views
St. Patty's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 62 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 87 views