Sunday April 29 weigh in

(deactivated member)
on 4/29/18 4:27 am, edited 4/29/18 4:29 am
VSG on 10/11/16

Good morning men. It is the last Sunday in April. Spring has finally sprung, and I cut just enough grass yesterday to get to the backyard pistol range. It was way too nice of a day to actually engage in work. But yard work is happening. Torrential "April showers" have been preventing bike riding still, but I continue to be optimistic about the coming week.

Last week 265 1/2

This week 265

I hit my lowest weight of 262 3/4 again this week and promptly bounced back up to 265. Looking back over the past couple months of weigh ins, it looks like I?ve been pretty stable within a couple pounds either way. I will take it. I never thought I?d get this far. Now I just have to concentrate on staying here.

I hope everyone has a good week!

Qajohn
on 4/29/18 5:28 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

337.6: High weight Dec '13

311.3: Surgery day 1/16/14

191.8: 1st Surgiversary

199.2: 2nd Surgiversary

201.6: 3rd Surgiversary

215.0: 4th Surgiversary

215.2 Last Weigh in

217.5: CW

Food: D

Water: C

Vitamins: B

Exercise: A+

I think went to sleep with food last week. I did a great job with exercise though. As they say, you can't outrun a bad diet.

Today is landscaping chores, and possibly a bike ride. The grass is greening up and the trees are budding. Its a great feeling after all the damn snow.

82much
on 4/29/18 7:38 am
VSG on 11/28/16
82much
on 4/29/18 7:48 am
VSG on 11/28/16

200.9 Last week
199.3 Today

Food: B
Water: C
Vitamins: A
Exercise: D

We won't even hit 50 here today but a least it will be mostly sunny. There is a ton of yard work to do, but
it is still too wet (and cold for me) to do much. Here is a picture of my backyard from two weeks ago. It gets this way 4 or 5 times a year. After 20 years, I still am not sure how I want to fix it.:-) It seems to have gottten worse, but I also believe we've had much more rain in the past few years

Good week to all.

Don 1962
on 4/29/18 8:49 am

Last week: 187.6

This week: 188.8

Swear I had a 186.0 make an appearance earlier this week. Oh, well. Like to get one here on a Sunday though. Did manage to get yard work done yesterday after two week hiatus because of rain last weekend. Walking has been good. Last two times five miles in 67:00! Read info with meds last week and one of the side effects of one is stiff muscles. Might explain some things.

Hope your NFL team faired well in the Draft this past week. Dallas did okay. Surprised at Whitten deciding to retire all of a sudden. More money in doing TV sports anyway. Interesting last pick by Philadelphia taking a 6-04, 340 pound rugby player with no "North American" football experience. He is one BIG DUDE!

Have a Great Week, guys!

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

NCMTNEER13
on 5/1/18 6:41 am
VSG on 11/26/18

Start of 6 month pre-op diet (2/14): 320 lbs.

4/23: 298 lbs

4/30: 293 lbs

I have no idea how I dropped 5 lbs. this week??

This was the first week since my initial consult past where my mind was mostly away from dieting/exercising. My life has been crazy since last Tuesday when Mother Nature decided that a tree in my yard no longer needed to be standing and sent us 4 inches of rain within 24 hours to uproot a 75 ft. oak tree that landed perfectly on not just 1, but 2 vehicles parked in my driveway. Both vehicles were totaled.

While I am lucky and grateful that nobody was hurt and that the tree didn't damage the house, it still has been a very stressful week. As a result I didn't exercise at all this week and often found myself eating comfort foods (pizza, ice cream, cookies, breaded foods, snacks, etc.) that are not good for me. Only possible explanation could be that while I didn't intentionally exercise, I did spend a lot of energy out in the yard cleaning up the mess and then on the weekend I helped move a lot of very heavy furniture on both days so perhaps I just burned a ton of calories. On a side note, this was the first time in years I was able to assist with a move without getting overly winded or being in pain for several days after. In fact I felt great yesterday and even better today. Its amazing the difference that being 25 lbs. lighter will have on you. I can't imagine how I will feel a few months after WLS.

I hadn't weighed myself since last Monday so I was really shocked yesterday when I measured and saw I had lost 5 lbs. I really had expected to gain weight.

Don 1962
on 5/1/18 7:19 am

Cars can be replaced. It was a year ago the tornadoes went through Canton, TX. We got farmed out to go looter sit in the dark. Holy Crap! You'd wouldn't think concrete utility poles would twist off and break. They do. Spoke to friend of mine that works for electricity distributor about what I had seen and about the concrete poles I have near my house. He smiles and says "Don, you don't have to worry about that pole by your house hitting your house if it falls because your house won't be there!". He knows those poles is rated to handle winds up to 200 MPH. My house ain't!

One of the benefits of WLS is additional movement. I get just as much, if not more, of a workout doing yard work than getting on the treadmill. Oh, if you mow your own yard - get rid of the self propelled lawn mower and get a regular push mower. They are less expensive and you get a workout pushing it. If you want a REAL work out find one of the old school rotary mowers! Swinging a chainsaw around, dragging branches, piling branches tossing logs, splitting logs, raking leaves etc. is all movement. Movement, any movement, is good.

NCMTNEER13
on 5/1/18 9:56 am
VSG on 11/26/18

Yes cars can be replaced, but that's easy to say when you don't have to worry about replacing them.

This tree didn't fall because of high wind or lightning, the ground just got saturated to the point where it couldn't hold the tree any longer. There is literally a pond beneath tree base where the roots used to be. All that soil was washed away.

I agree with the push mowing. I have about 1/2 acre of mowable grass. Most of the home in my neighborhood are on 0.75 - 1.0 acre lots. I am the only person in the neighborhood that doesn't have a riding mower. But I continue to self-propelled lawn mower because it is a guaranteed way to get exercise. Now it does take about 3-4 hours to mow the whole yard (back, front, and sides) but I do get a good workout.

NCMTNEER13
on 5/1/18 12:47 pm
VSG on 11/26/18

Don 1962
on 5/2/18 3:30 am

WOW!

Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 35 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 35 views