Sunday Weigh In

Don 1962
on 10/7/18 7:54 am, edited 10/7/18 7:54 am

Image result for bathroom scales cartoon

Last week: 184.6

This week: 183.6

Bad day for tiger mascots in the SEC. Mississippi State toppled #8 Auburn 23-9 and Florida had LSU in the Swamp 27-19. Aggies skint the Wildcats of Kentucky and Alabama had hog meat in Fayetteville. Matthew McConaughey happy camper since Texas held off Oklahoma in the Red River Shoot Out 48-45. Looks like the rest of the teams favored to win did. Michigan, Wisconsin, Colorado and Miami. See some upsets too. Dallas is at Houston tonight. Hope I can stay awake!

Wonky week. Life got in the way of normal exercise routine. Conference calls, cardio appointment and breaking a tooth prompting emergency trip to dentist the following afternoon. Noticed the SF Popsicle I was gnawing on all of a sudden got a little extra crunchy! No nerve exposure so no pain. Did yard yesterday so that counts for something. Right?

Have a Great Week Guys!!

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

(deactivated member)
on 10/7/18 8:18 am, edited 10/7/18 1:18 am
VSG on 10/11/16

I am one week post skin removal surgery. Last week I tipped the scale at 258 1/2 lbs. Monday morning, before leaving for the hospital, I weighed 261 even. They do not weigh what they remove so I was left to guess about that part.

When I returned home Tuesday afternoon, I immediately hopped on the scale. It said 257. My wife said to wait until the next morning for a better indication. I did. I actually forget what it was exactly. Suffice to say I?ve been dropping like a rock again. I?ve been losing over a pound a day, and this morning tipped the scale at 246 3/4 lbs.

Things are going well. I might have some more to write in my surgery thread. Recovery has been easier than I expected, given all the trials and tribulations I?ve read about on the surgery board. Thursday (10/11) marks two years since my surgery. I started out in the pre-op program in June of 2016. I weighed 481 lbs. on the day of surgery I weighed 414. They told me if I was average I could expect to get to 350. I did that and then some. Total weight lost as of today is 234 lbs.

Oh yeah, one thing I?ve learned as a side note. I?ve been wearing this compression garment for a solid week now. I?ve had it off for less than two hours altogether. I've wondered for years if it would be worth looking into a belly band holster for concealed carry. Now that I don?t have such a belly, it has risen to the fore again, and after wearing this thing easily, I?m going shopping when the tubes and stitches are out. CrossBreed Holsters has a real nice one for the .45 I like to carry.

Don 1962
on 10/7/18 9:11 am

Glad your recovery is going well. Have carried one of two .45's for 20+ years.

Image result for .45 meme

(deactivated member)
on 10/7/18 10:42 am
VSG on 10/11/16

I started out with a Europellet gun, but quickly switched to .45 ACP years ago. I cast my own bullets and reload, so shooting costs me four cents a round.

Greateight
on 10/7/18 10:56 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning. I went to Defcon 4 on the constipation protocol this week. Suffice to say that if you drink 11 ounces of Magnesium Citrate and that doesn't work then things start to get unpleasant. The dam broke around 3:30 Wednesday and I have been on Miralax ever since which seems to be helping.

I am going to the Blackhawks game tonight. We have season tickets but I think this may be my last year. Its gotten harder to sell unwanted games with the decline of the teams play. And my kids are getting older/have moved out and don't really have much interest. Wife and daughter are in Dallas for the Taylor Swift concert this weekend.

Another great week for football. Watched parts of the Texas/Oklahoma and Notre Dame/Va. Tech games and about a drive of LSU/Florida. Baylor won. If they can sneak off with two of their last six they may be able to make the Liberty Bowl. I would like to go to that Bowl mainly because I would like to see the Civil War battle field at Shiloh.

LW 263.4

CW 260

Have a great week all.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

82much
on 10/7/18 12:04 pm
VSG on 11/28/16

194.5 Last Week
195.3 Today

Bill, good to hear you made it through surgery well. Work is ramping up and I haven't been checking the boards that often.

Weather is turning, and I have a lot of stuff to still get done. Been rainy so yard work on hold, and damn grubs are decimating the lawn. Time to buy some bad stuff to take care of business.

Good week to all!

(deactivated member)
on 10/7/18 2:14 pm
VSG on 10/11/16

Rainy is the norm here. It is the rare day when it DOESN'T rain. I feel your pain. Thank you. Surgery was easy, easier than recovery. But all is going well.

(deactivated member)
on 10/7/18 10:20 pm
cabin111
on 10/9/18 12:16 pm

196 this week again...High of about 300. It was 12 years ago today I had my surgery...Will post a little something about the journey. Later, Brian

Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 30 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 30 views
St. Patty's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 63 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 88 views