Recent Posts

Don 1962
on 2/23/17 10:57 am
Topic: RE: 5 days post op

The "what the Hell have I done to myself" is common.  It will pass.

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Gortzilla
on 2/23/17 5:28 am - Fremont, MI
Topic: RE: So post op...What foods don't sit well with you??

I am almost 3 years out from VSG and still cannot have boiled eggs any other way is fine also no hotdogs 

CarlRay
on 2/22/17 3:58 pm
RNY on 02/28/17
Topic: RE: RNY coming up

Thanks!  Can't wait. 

Don 1962
on 2/22/17 3:26 pm
Topic: RE: RNY coming up

Welcome to the "hood"!

You are fixing to get on the ride of your life!  Hang on!

Highfunctioningfatman
on 2/22/17 1:03 pm
VSG on 08/29/16

I tolerate everything that I've tried but 3 things sit "hard" on my stomach, chicken breast, cheddar cheese and tuna. I tried a small amount of dairy Queen soft serve and it sit fine but I had a huge sugar crash from it.

CarlRay
on 2/22/17 9:24 am
RNY on 02/28/17
Topic: RNY coming up

I've been cruising around the forums for a few weeks now, and saw the call to men to come on over to this thread, so I thought I'd give it a try. 

I grew up on a farm, lived that childhood full of chores, working the land with my family, hunting/fishing and a love of roughing it on a camping trip any time.  I moved to town when my Dad got transferred, and learned to get along well enough in the city, but kept that farmer / outdoorsman outlook on life.  So many friends growing up didn't learn the stuff I did, so in my teens and 20's, I hunted with very few people.  I loved it though, and through college I kept my freezer full of meat for my 2 (non-hunting) roommates and I.  They never knew what I was making, and unless they asked, I never told them what it was (deer, rabbit, pheasant, whatever) but I never heard complaints.  Recently I've rediscovered my love of fishing, and I've introduced my two young daughters to it.  They're "hooked" (sorry, I had to).  The older one wants to learn marksmanship with a compound bow and rifle, so I'll be getting her into that as soon as I get this all sorted out. 

I've played drums since 1978 (born in '74), and that is how I occupy most of my time nowadays.  If I'm stressed, I hit them for an hour or two and run through whatever playlist burns off my stress.  It's a fantastic distraction.  I'm in a band, and the band mates are all supportive of this decision to have surgery.  I'm looking forward to seeing what me at around 200-220 lbs can actually do behind the kit.  From what I'm reading, energy levels go through the roof, so this oughtta be good. 

I was always a big kid, having that "meat and potatoes" approach but my weight gain didn't really get out of hand until late high school and into college.  After college I worked and wasn't paying attention to myself.  Eventually, by age 38 I was 391 lbs, though it was more evenly distributed on me than in one area of my body.  I didn't feel good so I started taking care of myself.  I got it down to about 360 and two knee injuries sidelined my efforts for a bit, until I bought a good bicycle.  It's been a couple of years now, but I've whittled it down to 324 (including the 7 months I've been in the bariatric program).

My RNY is on Monday, Feb 27th.  I'm not anxious or nervous in the least about it, which I find weird but I'm OK with that.  The Optifast has been not too bad.  I was dreading this step because of the horror stories I've read about "Opti-trots" and horrendous breath, and all of that.  I also walk 7 miles round trip to work, so the prospect of diarrhea doesn't really appeal much to me, LOL.  I honestly don't mind the chocolate Opti, and the only thing I notice is a metallic taste in my mouth for a side effect, though that could be ketosis as much as the optifast. 

Anyway, there's a bit about me, hope to see y'all around on here. 

Seev !
on 2/22/17 6:18 am
RNY on 08/20/15
Topic: RE: 5 days post op

Hang in there, bud!  It'll get better.  It might be head hunger at this point.  Make sure you are sipping enough water. 

Good luck!

FightBack77
on 2/21/17 5:24 pm
VSG on 02/26/17
Topic: 5 days post op

I feel like this is the worst decision I've made.. I'm hungry and can't eat. All I do is workout. Sigh help!!

(deactivated member)
on 2/20/17 4:47 pm
VSG on 10/11/16

Sorry, I forgot that part. I had VSG. 

cabin111
on 2/20/17 4:27 pm
Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 31 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 31 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 58 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In